Silverliy

Aug 3, 2024
Hello
I'm a Linux user and I'm trying to run it with "Heroic" + "Wine-GE-Proton8", I've installed the Unreal installation package (./Parasite Inside v.0.2.1/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/UEPrereqSetup_x64.exe) that comes in the "prefix" folder, but I can't get it to work.
Could you help me or guide me? Thank you
As a fellow linux Enthusiast i can only recommend portproton you can just lauch exe files with it and configure proton versions / which wineprefix to use etc very easily. Even comes with a debug tool. I havent tried it for this game but it could very well help you.

Reactions: Urza Viderico

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
As a fellow linux Enthusiast i can only recommend portproton you can just lauch exe files with it and configure proton versions / which wineprefix to use etc very easily. Even comes with a debug tool. I havent tried it for this game but it could very well help you.
I was able to run in nearly without fuss by just adding it to Lutris and using the default runner options.

That said, don't bother. This is a nearly unplayable corridor walking simulator with the occasional dysfunctional box jumping sequence.

ValkyrieSCPD

Nov 16, 2023
Thanks a lot.
Finally,a promising UE5 game!But some content can be added.I feel like finding way is pretty time-wasted job,making me hard to enjoy ero content.
1.Fast travel for all save houses available.(Depending on your access level)
2.All collectable stuff(messages、photos,etc) & player's current location on the map in the pause menu.
3.Add free camera mode or 360 rotations when changing outfits & CG mode.
4.Add cg gallery on the main menu(It would be better with a cg room on the ship)
Looking forward to the future update.Keep it on!

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
I've already tried this game on Windows.
The game doesn't matter, the important thing is to practice uninstalling Windows from my life.
In which case, good job and all the best wishes for you, mate.
Lutris isn't a 100% fool proof method, but their highly "black magic" recipes for a lot of types of engines have saved me many headaches over the years. Including SKSE and F4SE setups...

Generally no dice for RPGM Vx Ace, however. This is THE engine resistant to any sort of unixification...

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
How does one get to sector 9?
You go to WAREHOUSE LTW-S8-03 go up the ramp to the otherside of the room
Jump down
then go to WORKSHOP LTW-S8-07 Shoot a fuse to open a vent that lead to STUFF ROOM LTW-S8
In STUFF ROOM LTW-S8 there is a second vent you can unlock with the multitool
This vent lead to Sector 9

Last edited:

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
Playing this game make me want to replay the "QuietGirls~淫欲と静寂の少女達~" demo although it was L*li content the atmosphere was so fucking good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Minus the Copy/paste mistake on the map was there any difficulty using it or stuff to add on it?

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Does the parasite monster always goes for knockout infection (Sound easier to do)
Meaning a hidden parasitic infection level which lead to differente ending?
-We could get more kind of Trap
-Monster getting bigger the lower we go in the spaceship
There will be several more types of different enemies in the game. Also, an alternative storyline will lead to a different ending to the game.

The lack of currency mean no shop for Ammo but
-You can use some friendly NPC that sell ammo for Naughty favor.(repeatable)
-Why not having a cosplay addict put on a nice Dress with Heel while taking sexy pose pictures too.
In my opinion, trading in this genre of games is unnecessary. There will be exchanges, but only in cutscenes.

Well you usually get some weird robot and human foes
-Robot could be fixed turret kind of trap with paralysis type damage for knockout
having them "help modifying" her body for the parasite to create the best seedbed in the Galaxy

-Human type could be the "Game over rape" type or not
And Infected human could be Aphrodisiac (with the parasite altering their hormone) lure type of foes.
Some types of robots will be in the game.

Fast travel could have a penalty of costing X amount of Ammo since the spaceship is not safe that way the NPC selling ammo for sexual favor make even more sense or having the fast travel to fail sometime could be interesting too, leading to a direct knockout.
It may be hard to notice in this version of the game, but the levels are designed in such a way that fast travel is not required. As the game is still in very early stages of development, even existing levels will be modified and new areas will be added.
For example, you may have merged the map and noticed that Sector 6 and Sector 9 in the Workshops have a corridor connecting them. Such bridges will connect the sectors in a short way.

Reactions: 13Gatsu777

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
There will be several more types of different enemies in the game. Also, an alternative storyline will lead to a different ending to the game.

In my opinion, trading in this genre of games is unnecessary. There will be exchanges, but only in cutscenes.

Some types of robots will be in the game.

It may be hard to notice in this version of the game, but the levels are designed in such a way that fast travel is not required. As the game is still in very early stages of development, even existing levels will be modified and new areas will be added.
For example, you may have merged the map and noticed that Sector 6 and Sector 9 in the Workshops have a corridor connecting them. Such bridges will connect the sectors in a short way.
Ok nice. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Kodman

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
Metroidvania style? Is there gonna be bosses? :p

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Kodman are you planning on having gradual physical transformation of the MC? It seems this could be pretty straightforward in the Unreal engine, and would be a nice value add for those of us that like to see a physical corruption.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Shortcuts to old areas, unlocked after performing some steps, is always nice, but even Dark Souls 1, the king of shortcuts, had teleportation between old areas. Though you had to have a specific item to perform the teleports.

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Kodman are you planning on having gradual physical transformation of the MC? It seems this could be pretty straightforward in the Unreal engine, and would be a nice value add for those of us that like to see a physical corruption.
Yes. In the alternative storyline, the main character will go through a partial transformation/mutation.

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes