Agahnim

Apr 1, 2020
Can anyone tell me which villain is between Pete and Ursula as well as how to trigger them? I have everything else unlocked from what I can tell but the only ! I keep running into is Iago which I have already done everything I can with Jafar.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Can anyone tell me which villain is between Pete and Ursula as well as how to trigger them? I have everything else unlocked from what I can tell but the only ! I keep running into is Iago which I have already done everything I can with Jafar.
if you could list which villains you've unlocked, we could help you. please do that or else we won't know

Agahnim

Apr 1, 2020
if you could list which villains you've unlocked, we could help you. please do that or else we won't know
Captain Hook, Claude Frollo, Clayton, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Helga Sinclair, Jafar, Lady Tremaine, Lefou, Mother Gothel, Pete, ???, Ursula.

So as I said, the one in between Pete and Ursula on the list.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
This game could really do with a quest log, among other things (like a back button that just goes back 1 scene instead of back out all the way).

Captain Hook, Claude Frollo, Clayton, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Helga Sinclair, Jafar, Lady Tremaine, Lefou, Mother Gothel, Pete, ???, Ursula.

Something to do with Mulan. Not sure how that's triggered.

Agahnim

Apr 1, 2020
You need to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, I finally got it figured out. It was gated behind the dates with Mulan which I hadn't completed yet. I wrongly assumed that it was not required given that the dev said this a few months ago:

As we've said before multiple times, dates do not block other progress in any way.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Thanks, I finally got it figured out. It was gated behind the dates with Mulan which I hadn't completed yet. I wrongly assumed that it was not required given that the dev said this a few months ago:
Code:
elif v == shanYu and not mulanTraining16.viewed:
    mapEventVillains.remove(shanYu)
And that hasn't changed. Sounds like you got hit by bad rng, sorry.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
This game could really do with a quest log, among other things (like a back button that just goes back 1 scene instead of back out all the way).
Not sure how you're defining "one scene", but the game has the usual ren'py commands, including mouse wheel to rollback or forward. There are also the click-to-rollback options in the options menu. On Android, there is a physical "Back" button onscreen as part of the UI. All of these things roll back one line of dialogue, and can go all the way back to the start of the current interaction. Again, not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for or not.

Agahnim

Apr 1, 2020
Code:
elif v == shanYu and not mulanTraining16.viewed:
    mapEventVillains.remove(shanYu)
And that hasn't changed. Sounds like you got hit by bad rng, sorry.
Apparently. Just seemed like the requirement since I was never given the ! over Germany for weeks of in game time and yet the day after I completed the final date with Mulan it appeared.

Not sure how you're defining "one scene", but the game has the usual ren'py commands, including mouse wheel to rollback or forward. There are also the click-to-rollback options in the options menu. On Android, there is a physical "Back" button onscreen as part of the UI. All of these things roll back one line of dialogue, and can go all the way back to the start of the current interaction. Again, not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for or not.
I've had this happen a fair number of times too, mainly while visiting the computer at night only to try to navigate back to the workshop in an instinctive way only to get thrown back into a drinking challenge that is halfway completed. I don't necessarily mind the drinking game part since that's a fun little mini game imo, but the navigation could use some fine tuning in that regard.

Overall, I have enjoyed the experience and look forward to seeing where this project goes.

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
I've had this happen a fair number of times too
I see. That's a different issue, ren'py's rollback jumps to the last line of dialog, of which there are none on the workshop screen. It would take some major doing to change that functionality only in specific places, which is why we added the "go back to workshop main screen" button in the top left corner for all of those sub menus.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
For example when I go visit a girl, then I click the button at the top left, it doesn't go back to the map view but straight back to the workshop; I also can't choose to delay my visit by backing out and coming back later, it consumes the 1 visit for the day regardless.

When picking an outfit, there's no back button if I don't want to change the outfit, and have to pick a different one, then change again to get back to the original. If I clicked the back button instead, I exit back to the workshop and my visit is also used up.

Reactions: nodinwza007

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
For example when I go visit a girl, then I click the button at the top left, it doesn't go back to the map view but straight back to the workshop; I also can't choose to delay my visit by backing out and coming back later, it consumes the 1 visit for the day regardless.

When picking an outfit, there's no back button if I don't want to change the outfit, and have to pick a different one, then change again to get back to the original. If I clicked the back button instead, I exit back to the workshop and my visit is also used up.
Yes, because that button in the top left is not a "back" button, it's a "teleport me back to the workshop" button. In the cases you describe, you should be using the mouse wheel to roll back to the previous outfit or to reset your visit with the girl.

UrboiiAJ

Oct 9, 2021
Can anyone help me with the helga storyline cause I cant unlock any of her scenes as I cannot find any treasures. So a guide to find these treasure would be greatly appreciated.

Agahnim

Apr 1, 2020
Can anyone help me with the helga storyline cause I cant unlock any of her scenes as I cannot find any treasures. So a guide to find these treasure would be greatly appreciated.
During the day, visit attractions to find the 3 treasures (1 at a time) and return them to her at night in the tavern. I've seen people say they found theirs in the China, Jungle Cruise and then the Ferryboat, however I found my 3rd in Greece, so it might have some randomness to it as well as the order.

Reactions: UrboiiAJ

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019

Shan Yu. you have to have trained Mulan completely. after that, there should be an event in the park involving the Hun and he should pop up in the tavern

Reactions: Agahnim
4.00 star(s) 44 Votes