hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Started all over since I haven't played for a while. Forgot how incredible frustrating it is to have things break down and burn to the point where half the place is unusable, and the dwarves can only repair so much so fast. It's like the game is begging me to cheat.

There really needs to be hints in here somewhere. You should be able to visit the wizard and have him say "Have you tried...?" or otherwise point you in the right direction. Right now, I'm spending each day repairing, and each night visiting the villains. I've beaten them all at drinking, have solved all problems but Frollo's, have seen scenes from almost everyone, and I just keep repeating everything, talking to everyone I can think of, visiting the only two girls that have appeared (day and night) and don't know what else to do.

Games should be challenging but they should be challenging based on strategy, not the luck of happening to click on the right place on the right day or whatever other silly reason might be there.

I love the art, I love the humor, I hate the gameplay.
Apparently I'm further along than you are, but I agree with your points. There really needs to be some sort of CONSISTANT hint system. YenSid is pretty much much useless when you're stumped.
- I'm at a point where I've gotten the 3 treasures (without ANY hints until I was right on top of them and then it was just telling me that I found something and completing the scene), but now she wants ANOTHER one and I've been through the park 3 times with NO hint at all.
- I need to find a girl for BOTH Frollo and Pete. I thought one of the Tavern chicks would do, but nope. And, of course, no indication of what I'm supposed to do.
- There really needs to be some sort of limitation on the break-downs, etc. It's damn annoying to have several attractions breakdown the same day- including when I've just had them repaired!!! At least wait until the next day!
- Jessica apparently shows up in this latest update, but I haven't seen her yet. What's her trigger?

It's a great game and really looks better than a lot of these parodies, and I don't mind SOME grind, but not where I can't advance by the game's own rules.

Last edited:

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
The "decision" you made was to not immediately buy the upgrades that prevent those attractions from burning. That's probably not what you want to hear, but that's the "strategy" part. You know that there's a possibility of a random event causing trouble, so do you try to deal with it pre-emptively, or do something else with your time/money instead?
Well, I never had a chance. I can only upgrade so much. I was doing so, and it takes a few days, and the dwarves can only do one at a time, but all the fires started before I could upgrade everything.

I'm a bit insulted that you think this is all my fault. If you send me on a trip without a map and I get lost because there are no directions other than a destination, I don't know where I have failed. You can look at it and say "It's so obvious!" because you've been there, but we're just lost. And sometimes when we complain, instead of saying "Oh, let me help you," you seem to be saying "You're too stupid to figure it out, so what's the point of me helping you?"

The bottom line, as many here are saying, is that we LIKE the game or we wouldn't be playing. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. The main complaint seems to be that the things you think are obvious are NOT and all we're asking for are a few directions. Having the wizard say "Well, have you tried...?" every once in a while would help.

I mean, geez, you're giving out free cheat codes now, how is providing hints worse than that?

SID Gaming

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
Well, I never had a chance. I can only upgrade so much. I was doing so, and it takes a few days, and the dwarves can only do one at a time, but all the fires started before I could upgrade everything.

I'm a bit insulted that you think this is all my fault. If you send me on a trip without a map and I get lost because there are no directions other than a destination, I don't know where I have failed. You can look at it and say "It's so obvious!" because you've been there, but we're just lost. And sometimes when we complain, instead of saying "Oh, let me help you," you seem to be saying "You're too stupid to figure it out, so what's the point of me helping you?"

The bottom line, as many here are saying, is that we LIKE the game or we wouldn't be playing. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. The main complaint seems to be that the things you think are obvious are NOT and all we're asking for are a few directions. Having the wizard say "Well, have you tried...?" every once in a while would help.

I mean, geez, you're giving out free cheat codes now, how is providing hints worse than that?
Just to clear up a few things:

We aren't giving out free cheat codes. Cheat codes are patron-exclusive and the ones posted here are either from patrons leaking them or people hacking the game to find them in the script. It's not particularly difficult to do so, ok, but it's not the intended way to play the game.

You can use the arrows on the Mine menu to change the amount of time upgrades take, inverse to the cost.

We don't give out help because that's our policy on the matter. We have an official walkthrough that's also patron-exclusive, so we don't also give out answers for free.

Those are the facts. These are my opinions on the rest of what you've said.

Your trip analogy fails because you stated that you've played the game before. You've "been there before" too. People complained a lot originally about the rate of villain attacks and random breakdowns, we've already gone through two passes of changing that. It's still meant to be something that's thrown at a player to make you go oof, and it triggers at a specific point of the story where it makes sense to amp up the difficulty. I certainly don't mean to insult you. I want you to have the same frustrating experience at that part that I want all players to. I understand that you won't like this or say it's bad game design, but that's part of the management sim we created - reacting to the unexpected, planning for it once you know it's a possibility.

Having Yen Sid give hints is not a bad idea, but like I said before, players don't want to talk to him now. I know this because of the countless posts from people who are stuck at a place that you need to talk to him to proceed. If we added more concrete hints to him, and made it more obvious than we do now that you should talk to him, would that solve the problem?

Reactions: hentai charley

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
Click on MC's PC and hit "schedule", you can move the girls around the bottom row and have them give +1 rating per girl per time slot (+4 day and +4 night, total +8 per "day")

Hit the bottom row of upgrades to make them stop exploding. Rush those on everything day 1 and nothing will ever break again. 10k per building once and forget that fire ever existed
Note two things: You can't access that Schedule option until you get Belle, which is significantly after everything turns to shit, and each upgrade normally takes five days - but if you're like me and miss that the UI element for changing the amount of time/cost it takes to upgrade/repair, it's the <> brackets around the price/time shown. I was looking for that a while ago and completely missed it somehow:/

Wow, that hurts. I'm sorry you think so little of us. Of course we've playtested the game, without cheats as a player would. The only sticky point is the expansion park, which is meant to be difficult to unlock, but of course it's harder if you're starting the game for the first time or restart with every version.
I have a really hard time believing you. The $2M for the park expansion and the sheer amount of time needed to get it even after you have everything else at top condition is pretty damning, and the fact you claim you should visit every ride in order to provide "protection" to it when visiting rides is pretty much purely detrimental due to it triggering things breaking down and villains showing up really heavily indicates that you haven't played the game the way a normal player would - or you just don't care about player experience or think that making players waste time is somehow good gameplay, which is worse.

I'm fine with management games - I like Lab Rats 2 more than Lab Rats 1, for example, and support the changes to make the management aspect more meaningful. Park After Dark, at this point, has some great writing and great art but the management aspects have a number of fatal flaws. Maybe you're supposed to just hit "advance time" repeatedly without visiting people or the park for multiple turns at a time, but that is not how I expected to have to play this game until I started looking at the code and going into this thread to figure out why everything was falling apart when I visited every location and every person every time period trying to figure out how to progress to the next set of characters.

If the recommend way of playing the game is to not do anything besides hit 'advance time' most of the time, that should be made explicit somehow rather than buried in a forum thread somewhere.

As we've said before multiple times, dates do not block other progress in any way. Dates (and a small hit to income) are the only thing that park rating affects, but if you're still concerned about it, simply building all the attractions should give you more than enough to date again. That's assuming you're not clicking every red exclamation and needlessly taking the hit every time one appears.
Considering I don't know what the fuck allows you to progress, and exclamation marks seem to queue up if you don't clear them, of course I'm mindlessly clicking every one of them. I don't know the internals of the game (until I started looking at the code when I found out the fucking things show up every time you open the map rather than on when time advances). If the only way the player is supposed to play it is to not click the exclamation marks unless you absolutely have to go to that ride, then they shouldn't even appear when they're a repeat of something that's already happened.

The "decision" you made was to not immediately buy the upgrades that prevent those attractions from burning. That's probably not what you want to hear, but that's the "strategy" part. You know that there's a possibility of a random event causing trouble, so do you try to deal with it pre-emptively, or do something else with your time/money instead?
My experience with this has been things break down too fast to recover from it; due to the sheer amount of time it takes to recover from each breakdown, and how long it takes to add pixie protection, I've had a damned hard time recovering... but then I also couldn't find the UI element for shortening the amount of time it takes to repair, so that's probably going to help.

Congressman Weiner

Jul 29, 2018
If I was the only person making these complaints, I would think it was me. But clearly I'm not, and the fact that the developers seem to think I'm just too stupid to figure out their game or too impatient or something sure doesn't make me want to be a patron.

The Al

Dec 22, 2017
Just started the game about 30 mins ago. Enjoying it so far, the writing is pretty damn funny as well. The backwards name is a nice touch too
It's an actual thing Disney did for Fantasia. Yen Sid was the actual name of the wizard in the segment titled The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Reactions: hentai charley

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Haven't updated since .05, but I just saw:

v0.11 Public
  • Belle outfit - naughty librarian
Can't wait to get that outfit! Belle is my favorite disney princess and I've got a thing for the librarian look. Too perfect. Thank you!

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes