Others Path of Sorrow and Pleasure [v0.12.1] [AE Games]

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well, I really hated the starting (and I hate the game engine used for this project)...trying to kill the wolves with no way to heal from the earlier skeleton attack in the cave (It would be better to NOT have any of the 16bit RPG combat crap, and just have the actual story frames). It's 2022, not 1995...this is definitely not for me, as I never made it past the wolves...I kept fucking dying.

And I would suggest showing images of the RPG content, because if I was aware this was a major part of this project I wouldn't have wasted my bandwidth downloading this.

Ya, good luck with this, I hope later the RPG engine and 16bit RPG content is scraped, and just the story is ported to Renpy.

Last edited:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
The resolution seems a bit borked, on my 2560x1440 at least.
Dying to the wolves will also respawn the player on the wrong side of the blocked cave entrance.

Last edited:

Greebz

Oct 10, 2020
Yeah sadly for this Phase. Game, also Engine what i use is both in Early state. But we will work on it to make it better :)

Interesting, I will try to look at this but without any more information i dont have any idea what it did it.

:)It will be in Future :)

At this time Linear, In Future it will open more choices how to solve things and how to develop story.

If want to make Translate for this game you can contact me via DM. and we can chat about it
Nice! Do you plan on adding pregnancy, impregnation or breeding content in the future?

Reactions: privetin13

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Yeah sadly for this Phase. Game, also Engine what i use is both in Early state. But we will work on it to make it better :)

Interesting, I will try to look at this but without any more information i dont have any idea what it did it.

:)It will be in Future :)

At this time Linear, In Future it will open more choices how to solve things and how to develop story.

If want to make Translate for this game you can contact me via DM. and we can chat about it
Okay, thanks for responding Dev.
I'll come back when the game is more accessible with more options without the game by the time the game is well developed! (y)

Reactions: AdrielEtriss

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Dying to the wolves will also respawn the player on the wrong side of the blocked cave entrance.
Wolves. And, of course, unlike reality, they are wanting to hunt and attack humans.

Meanwhile in the realm of reality, wolves AVOID people. Almost as if they are intelligent and know we are a dangerous as fuck species. The only time you're in danger from wolves is if your dumb ass stumbles on their den, threatens their cubs, or they're in starvation desperation due to illness or injury. Or rabies. And a fucking GERBIL will attack you if it has rabies.

In the ENTIRETY of North America in the last HUNDRED years, there has been exactly TWO documented attacks by wolves on humans. TWO. They're a threat to livestock, NOT us.

Yet we still have this bullshit in games, movies and TV. Fucking brain damaged. It's almost as if we wouldn't have domesticated them cause they'd be too damn busy killing us. The same way we haven't domesticated big cats and alligators and other predators that DO hunt us. And no. Capturing them and forcing(read:torturing) them to do antics in the circus or some other shitshow isn't domestication.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Wolves. And, of course, unlike reality, they are wanting to hunt and attack humans.

Meanwhile in the realm of reality, wolves AVOID people. Almost as if they are intelligent and know we are a dangerous as fuck species. The only time you're in danger from wolves is if your dumb ass stumbles on their den, threatens their cubs, or they're in starvation desperation due to illness or injury. Or rabies. And a fucking GERBIL will attack you if it has rabies.

In the ENTIRETY of North America in the last HUNDRED years, there has been exactly TWO documented attacks by wolves on humans. TWO. They're a threat to livestock, NOT us.

Yet we still have this bullshit in games, movies and TV. Fucking brain damaged. It's almost as if we wouldn't have domesticated them cause they'd be too damn busy killing us. The same way we haven't domesticated big cats and alligators and other predators that DO hunt us. And no. Capturing them and forcing(read:torturing) them to do antics in the circus or some other shitshow isn't domestication.
I know but in reality skeletons aren't very aggressive either.

Feb 18, 2022
as I never made it past the wolves...I kept fucking dying.
I killed the skeleton and two wolves, pulling one by one. The third wolf I kited away and then ran away. Finally in the next level the wolf stopped folowing me. The beginning is not hard if you make use of the shift key and don't pull all enemies at once.

That said, I'm also not a big fan of RPGs, but I still tried it because why not. My young self loved games like the classic fallout or baldur's gate, but I can't enjoy the gameplay of those games anymore and it's the same for this one here. I think first person view games spoiled me too much. But I know there is a niche for games like this (thinking about pillars of eternity or Wasteland 2) and I wish much success to the developer.

Reactions: AdrielEtriss

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
xia.jpg
I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life…♫♪
Path of Sorrow and Pleasure [v0.1.0] [AE Games] – COMPRESSED

Win v0.1.0 · · · (1.3 GiB :: 2.2 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
And how many skeleton attacks are documented in the last hundred years? :unsure:

Now, I'm normally on the opinion that just because something is a fantasy, it doesn't mean that all common sense and realism should be thrown away and it doesn't have o make sense at all. But in this case I could easily accept that since this is a different world, maybe wolves are not exactly the same as in real life and therefore they may behave differently.

bobdango

Dec 25, 2020
Game really doesn't work well on a 4k screen. The renders only show in a 1080 box so 3/4 the screen still shows the sandbox.

AdrielEtriss

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
Well, I really hated the starting (and I hate the game engine used for this project)...trying to kill the wolves with no way to heal from the earlier skeleton attack in the cave (It would be better to NOT have any of the 16bit RPG combat crap, and just have the actual story frames). It's 2022, not 1995...this is definitely not for me, as I never made it past the wolves...I kept fucking dying.

And I would suggest showing images of the RPG content, because if I was aware this was a major part of this project I wouldn't have wasted my bandwidth downloading this.

Ya, good luck with this, I hope later the RPG engine and 16bit RPG content is scraped, and just the story is ported to Renpy.
I dont think i will scrap it and port it on another engine in near future. there is not any Proof it will be worthy for me.
This game also Engine is in Early state. Yeah sadly it comes with a lot of bugs and other issue But i will do everything what can to make game better in game systematics also in visualy
And i add screen from game before uploading links so you could see how it looks before download
But at the end yeah this game will not be for all and i know it. But still i dont have in plan to give up it. I want to make more then just a Novel

Yeah noted, We will try to solve this problem (it not was found because of we using Fullhd res. Sorry :D)
we will try to give it top priority for next updates.

Nice! Do you plan on adding pregnancy, impregnation or breeding content in the future?
Really Good Idea. It will not be in near future but yeah we will make some of type of Pregnancy system or something like that but for now we dont have specific idea for this. Now we trying to focus on more important things
But Yes :)

What engine does this use?
Logo of engine is on first screen it is RPG Tools

Yeah, Welcome to Fantasy world where things can work differently then in real world.
There is some reason why wolfs (or other animals) react differently. It will be tell later in the story trough lore.

View attachment 2256266
I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life…♫♪
Path of Sorrow and Pleasure [v0.1.0] [AE Games] – COMPRESSED

Win v0.1.0 · · Pixeldrain · (1.3 GiB :: 2.2 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.
Still cant get it how you do it but Again thanks Hordragg :)

Game really doesn't work well on a 4k screen. The renders only show in a 1080 box so 3/4 the screen still shows the sandbox.
Yeah it is now in Top Priority to solve this issue :)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Still cant get it how you do it but Again thanks Hordragg :)
You're very welcome. And while the process isn't overly complicated, it sadly only works by quantizing the images, imposing a hard(ish) lower bound on quality after which desaturation becomes a serious problem. How there's no request for supporting modern images formats (and yes, I am very much including JPEG here for reasons I detailed ad nauseam in other threads already) on their is beyond me, really.

Acrodin

Oct 31, 2017
Game crashes during handjob, locked up my entire PC.
I'll come back once there's been a few more updates.

AdrielEtriss

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
We push 0.12.1 Release on Patreon
PathNoteNew.png

Also i Forgot to write, Resolutions changes are finaly here too

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
PathOfSorrowAndPleasure-0.12.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
after wiping the cave of Goblins is that it? Says I'm tired and get a scene w/ Pixie but after that can only repeat things. Also apparently trying to loot the goblins in the cave bugs out your game, lists 2 items one has 999 the other has 333, when you try to take all nothing happens and when you try to close the window it just stays up.