SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
The first post in this thread is dec 30 2019.
It must have taken some time to develop before the first release on F95
So this means this game has been in development for at least 3 years...

And never through its entire development has it actually been playable.
It is extremely broken.
Two years and about three months. It did not take an entire year for the early build. I can play the game from beginning to end without any crash, so I rely solely on bug reports to try and find mistakes. Which can be a problem when people report a crash in extremely vague terms. This game is not my day job, and there is only so many hours in a month that I can dedicate to it in any capacity. But like I said previously, anyone still having crashes and interested in helping, please do contact me in my Patreon, so I can hook you up with a development build that can give me some thorough data to find the source of the crashes.

This is still functionally unplayable. Transitioning between zones resets XP down to 20/100 making levelling essentially impossible.
Use the debug menu to level up for now. Next update will have this sorted, thank you!

As a fan of transformation content, I would like to ask... What is involved with the transformation tag ? Self transformation ? Transforming others. TF into monsters, or body part grow/shrink ?
You can change your appearance, but there aren't descriptive scenes about this. Transformation content is related to a few specific scenes. There are no current plans to make transformation too big a part of the content more than that, sorry.

I've been downloading this game periodically since it was posted here. I have already changed two computers and I still catch crashes at the character creation stage. It doesn't matter if it's an old computer from 2000-2010 or a ryzen 5 5600x with rtx 3060... Sometimes I would go through character creation but the game would crash somewhere a little further along. So I can say for sure that it is not because of the computer hardware, it is the crooked hands of the developer who can not do something normally.
I would love to hear more details about your crashes, such as: what you were doing when it happened, did it happen in response to an input you gave the game, what the name of the room you were in, if it happened during an event, and what is your OS and the version of the game where the crash happened. If I had more detailed information rather than just "it crashes", my crooked hands might actually be able to pinpoint the problem in the code and fix it. But I understand if you don't have the time for that, I too have a day job that I sadly must prioritize.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.1 - The Paladin
Content
  • New companion: Jonathan the Paladin. He comes with two new equipment items and two new skills.
  • New oral sex scene for Jonathan.
  • Two new relationship events triggered when increasing Jonathan's affection.
  • One new event when recruiting Jonathan.
Fixes
  • Fixed the Heal skill, healing not the target but the user.
  • Adjusted Daisy and player's initial stats to have an added defensive attribute point alongside the attack attribute.
  • Fixed and changed some of the text in the Bersa II even so it reads better.
  • Removed useless files from old UI.
  • Implemented code to stop you from getting more than three companions with you at a time. Not relevant yet, but will be in the future.
  • Changed the tile of the room where you ask Draka to join you. Accidentally left it as the same one from Daisy's room. Oops.
  • Put in affection counter for Draka.
  • Fixed leveling up companions being impossible.
  • Fixed Party Menu not showing the selected party member's equipment.
  • Fixed the Skill Tree not changing when selecting other party members.
Download

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Two years and about three months. It did not take an entire year for the early build. I can play the game from beginning to end without any crash, so I rely solely on bug reports to try and find mistakes. Which can be a problem when people report a crash in extremely vague terms. This game is not my day job, and there is only so many hours in a month that I can dedicate to it in any capacity. But like I said previously, anyone still having crashes and interested in helping, please do contact me in my Patreon, so I can hook you up with a development build that can give me some thorough data to find the source of the crashes.
In that case I would highly recommend that you make it so that all builds save detailed crash report files whenever a crash occurs.
and then ask people to submit said files anywhere they find convenient... here, discord, patreon, email... wherever so long as they give you the crash report.

also out of curiosity. what OS and video card do you use?

Reactions: SharkBitDev

Ocwil

Dec 23, 2021
Ill give the new version a try somewhere next week.
Hopefully i can leave the save room this time.

Ocwil

Dec 23, 2021
Ill give the new version a try somewhere next week.
Hopefully i can leave the save room this time.
I was finally able to save the game!!
although the Font in the save name input box is invisible when typing.

Ocwil

Dec 23, 2021
Well to be honest, the writing is good, but the gameplay is clunky and buggy with a lot of small things not working like they are supposed to. Good luck on the further development.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
Last time I tried this game it was at V1.5, it wasn't much of a game by then. Going to give this new version a try and hopefully it's better, because despite all the flaws, I still think this could realistically give CoC/LT a run for their money...assuming this game's development gets that far.

I still don't fully understand the numbering of the versions, honestly. Feels like it would temper expectations if this was V0.3.1 rather than V3.1 since once you go past V1, people will assume this is a finished game, which I'm pretty sure it isn't even close to being one.

Edit: Well, apparently most of the initial dialogue options with the guardian angel cause a softlock, the "Continue" button doesn't seem to do anything so I'm forced to reload. I'm just gonna save myself the trouble and put this on the backburner for a while longer, don't have it in me to march through bugs yet again.

Last edited:

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Last time I tried this game it was at V1.5, it wasn't much of a game by then. Going to give this new version a try and hopefully it's better, because despite all the flaws, I still think this could realistically give CoC/LT a run for their money...assuming this game's development gets that far.

I still don't fully understand the numbering of the versions, honestly. Feels like it would temper expectations if this was V0.3.1 rather than V3.1 since once you go past V1, people will assume this is a finished game, which I'm pretty sure it isn't even close to being one.

Edit: Well, apparently most of the initial dialogue options with the guardian angel cause a softlock, the "Continue" button doesn't seem to do anything so I'm forced to reload. I'm just gonna save myself the trouble and put this on the backburner for a while longer, don't have it in me to march through bugs yet again.
I found this during my bug hunting. It should be fixed. Thank you for reporting!

I was finally able to save the game!!
although the Font in the save name input box is invisible when typing.
Fixed. Thank you!

Well to be honest, the writing is good, but the gameplay is clunky and buggy with a lot of small things not working like they are supposed to. Good luck on the further development.
Thank you very much! I am currently doing some heavy bug hunting right now. Hopefully, during the start of this year, I can deliver a better working game. This new version already has a ton of fixed and improvements to the initial writing since I wrote it years ago by this point, and I like to think I am better by now. Not a complete rewriting, though, just improvements to the prose.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.2 - Revisions and Pesky Bugs!

Added:
  • Revised the text of these events: Intro, Angel NPC, First Travel to Allugard, Choose your Class, Living Vine Encounter, AStoryI (First Daisy scene), and Whitewood Village First Visit. The content is the same, but the prose and grammar should be better, and the typos and inconsistencies that happened as my ideas changed should be gone.
  • Also revised the text of these areas: Beyond Base Domain, Whitewood Forest, and Whitewood Village.
  • Angel now has specific transformation scenes for losing their sex, and the previous scenes where they gain a sex organ have been revamped.
  • You can now change Angel's pronouns! Probably some concordance errors with They/them pronouns, but I ain't touch that for a long time to come.
  • You can now change what Angel calls you. You can either insert something yourself, and type something fun like "piece of shit", or pick a title off a list. Most of the list's titles are tags, so they are dynamic based on your chosen gender, or even body type!
  • Re-implemented and revamped the dictionary system. You can now hover over important words to get context to them, once again. The system was also reworked to be easier to implement and to change the descriptions of stuff on the fly, which can be used to add information to concepts that the player might discover later.
  • Added a TAG NOT FOUND message in case a tag is not properly working, so you guys can now spot if a double space is a typo or a tag not working. Btw, to be clear: tags are dynamic words that are altered based on player choices. Your character's name is a tag, for example.
  • Implemented ellipsis back to world choices. Just to make it clear, this was something unity's new UI lacked, so I was just waiting for them to re-implement it. It wasn't laziness on my part that the choices have been ugly as fuck, hahah.
  • Quit button has finally received some visuals. It's still a bit awkward due to unity's new UI, but it should get better once animation support is out in full. Spent a while figuring out how a diegetic exit button would look like with the available tools, and I am satisfied enough with what I came up with.
  • Animated the "Now loading..." message so that you know the game is indeed loading, even if the bar might appear stuck. Also changed the layout of the loading screen a bit.
Fixes:
  • The Bug Report feature has been disabled. Turns out the third-party tools it utilized were shut down with basically no warning some time ago. The only reason I realized it, is because of a great player that reached out to me about their reports. Fuck me, is sending an email about your services shutting down so hard? I shudder to think how many bug reports went nowhere because of this. I am so, so, so sorry, everyone.
  • Revamped the inner workings of the tooltip system. It should readjust better in case the tooltip is out of the screen.
  • Implemented the angel pronoun tag where it was missing.
  • Implemented the title tag Angel will use to refer to the player where it was missing.
  • Removed an obsolete dialog option from angel which used to serve the same purpose as the Dictionary function now does.
  • Found a bug going on with italic text stopping after only one line, fixed it. But it was a Unity bug that had a workaround. Wasted too much time on this, thanks Unity!
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze if you loaded the game before ever going to Allurgard, then tried to talk to Angel.
  • Lightened the size of the game by removing unnecessary packages and outdated files.
  • Fixed an oversight where an exception would occur if a choice had a reaction, but would force you to stay in the same room.
  • Never mind the neverminds, for they shall never be on your mind? I freakin' fixed it, okay? That's what I'm trying to say.
  • Specified that a name also cannot be empty when typing a name. Before, the message only told you that a name could not contain spaces.
  • Old saves might not have been displaying Jonathan's appearance correctly, that should be fixed.
  • Fixed some buttons having their background spilling out upon hovering and clicking them.
  • Fixed the fonts not showing their correct alternate styles. Italic and bold version of the fonts should look better.
  • Implemented a warning telling you that you cannot save during events or combat in the Save Menu.
  • Choices should show their hotkey numbers now, instead of their list index numbers.
  • Fixed Rooms duplicating stuff if they triggered an event.
  • Fixed Daisy not showing up for players who demeaned her, but still asked her to join them.
  • Placed a warning that the font configurations are not working quite yet.
KNOW BUGS:
  • The scroll is not working right. This is a unity bug, and we gotta wait for a fix. Honestly, their new UI is so much better than the old one, but it keeps coming with some painful bugs every patch.
Download

Rasor685

Mar 11, 2020
PtA 3.2 - Revisions and Pesky Bugs!
The game looks very interesting. I would like to support the developer by subscribing to Patreon or another similar service, but unfortunately I am from a country that is under sanctions.
I will be very grateful if there is a way around the imposed restrictions...
Still, it's very interesting to look at the other universes that are under the VIP section.

johndoe314

Aug 10, 2017
There seems to be a pretty big error when transitioning between areas. I took some damage in a fight, so I was at 8/20 HP...I escaped the crossroads cave, and went back to the village to heal. After I healed, I left the village...and was then immediately back to 8/20. It seems like transitioning between areas resets your HP, making the cave fight pretty much impossible (and for that matter, the game itself, if you can essentially never heal).

Thrustpawn9

Apr 1, 2020
Seems to have a decent goal, but execution is off, doesn't even spoken words separated from narration not even with "" and font is far to large.

This isn't going go against CoC or TiTs any time soon. Hope it gets better as it was enjoyable for the 3 hours or so I put into it.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Seems to have a decent goal, but execution is off, doesn't even spoken words separated from narration not even with "" and font is far to large.

This isn't going go against CoC or TiTs any time soon. Hope it gets better as it was enjoyable for the 3 hours or so I put into it.
That was actually a bug with the last update that ended up with all curly quotes disappearing (font didn't have the character, and I forgot to place the fallback font back in). They are back with this update, if you want to check it out.

There seems to be a pretty big error when transitioning between areas. I took some damage in a fight, so I was at 8/20 HP...I escaped the crossroads cave, and went back to the village to heal. After I healed, I left the village...and was then immediately back to 8/20. It seems like transitioning between areas resets your HP, making the cave fight pretty much impossible (and for that matter, the game itself, if you can essentially never heal).
This has been fixed this update. Thank you for reporting it!

The game looks very interesting. I would like to support the developer by subscribing to Patreon or another similar service, but unfortunately I am from a country that is under sanctions.
I will be very grateful if there is a way around the imposed restrictions...
Still, it's very interesting to look at the other universes that are under the VIP section.
Hey, no worries! If there's any form of donation that you could use that I could set up, just say the word, but otherwise the sentiment is already pretty great to hear!

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.3 - What Time is it? Bug Fixing Time!

Content:
  • Revamped the following events: Meet Lyssa, Whitewood Village First Visit (Missed a couple things last pass).
  • Added an option to not have sex with Grimwood during their last event, if the options available to you aren't to your pleasure.
  • Added a highlighted message when finding items in the world.
  • Finally added the option to loot the places of the people you have destroyed in Whitewood Village.
  • Re-implemented attribute restrictions to choose certain skills. This should give players a better sense of progression.
  • Added text in the tooltip of skills in the skill tree to indicate which skills you have and which you don't.
Fixes:
  • Curly quotes are visible again. When I fixed the font asset last time, I forgot to add a fallback font.
  • Added a fallback font to the title fonts as well.
  • Fixed resting, not doing anything.
  • Fixed layout of dimensions triggering twice through an insane sneaky loop, which could cause problems.
  • Fixed the Display of the Allugard Party not... well.. displaying.
  • Fixed the Grimwood sex scene not working right regarding your chosen sex.
  • Fixed the last room in Grimwood's lair being impossible to exit.
  • Fixed possible problems if the player has had something about their resolution changed since last booting up the game, like changing monitors.
  • Removed a small debug log that shouldn't have been there anymore.
  • Fixed angel name being colored weird in the title of their event.
  • Fixed chosen perk during level up not being assigned properly to your character.
  • Removed skills being attributed automatically every level. Forgot to do this when I implemented the skill tree system. Oops.
  • Fixed the second skill button in the level up tree not working. Both in functionality and in sometimes it being selectable when it shouldn't be.
Download

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HashSlasher420

Rengar12

Aug 18, 2016
No idea what's happen, i connected the save room, saved in it, then couldn't leave, now i got as far as the first world and it stops when i try to pick a class, as in i can't do anything mapwise or choice wise

Added: Trying to use debug to warp back to the "base" immediately started the "Firstmas" event so I'm unsure if it's trying to overwrite all the actions, which only the middle option worked? ice lady and the dance floor don't do anything when i click on them either.

Last edited:
Reactions: momolo

Vbabay

Nov 9, 2018
Can't choose class in first portal, when i click on one of the classes nothing happening, someone know how to fix this?

Applesaucejunior

Jan 18, 2020
I built both the save and dressing room with doors in all directions, but it is not letting me walk into them. What do I do? I tried deleting and redownloading the files but it didnt make a difference.

fakey00

Jun 8, 2020
I think I ran into a pretty serious bug. When I first went to Allugard and you run into the petrified party it asks you to choose a class. However when I click any of the classes nothing happens and the game does not allow me to move on.

Reactions: Nelari and Vbabay

Vbabay

Nov 9, 2018
I think I ran into a pretty serious bug. When I first went to Allugard and you run into the petrified party it asks you to choose a class. However when I click any of the classes nothing happens and the game does not allow me to move on.
Same bro...

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes