sasach

Mar 18, 2018
Still no way to save game, as all saves got instantly erased. I have no idea how is it even possible to have such bug for years. Devs should completely rework saving mechanism cause now game is literally unplayable.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Still no way to save game, as all saves got instantly erased. I have no idea how is it even possible to have such bug for years. Devs should completely rework saving mechanism cause now game is literally unplayable.
Could you give me some more context here? What platform are you playing on? When did the saves get erased (immediatelly, after re-launching the game)? I can't replicate the bug, and others don't report this issue, so either something very specific happened to you, or the problem is connected to your setup. Either way, I need more info to fix this.

Xione&Recon, Vbabay, fakey00, Rengar12 I managed to replicate these bugs and apparently last version had a bug that came from Unity itself that happened during runtime only (hence why I didn't catch it this time). Just had to upgrade my Unity and now this update should have things working out alright. Or at the very least, I couldn't replicate that bug in the new version, please do tell me if anything happens though!

Applesaucejunior Think of the doors as allowing passage to one direction only, meaning for you to be able to go back and forth both rooms need to have doors connecting each other. on the side they touch You can check the directions rooms allow passage to via the map. Now, if you saved when entering the room, then your problem was the one below and is now fixed.

Rengar12 thank you for your report! That bug had nothing to do with the room itself, but saving before entering Allurgard. Thought I had fixed the thing that caused this before, but some details apparently escaped me, so thank you!

Kinda pissed another build got ruined because of a Unity bug, but that's what I get for wanting to use their new UI. But bit by bit we are finally getting to a workable version of this game. Cheers everyone!

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.4 - Whitewood Merchants Redux!

Content
  • Revamped the texts in a few events. I've begun trying to reduce the amount of "you"s I use, also noticed I am falling into some bad writing habits, will try to fix those in the future. The changed events are: StoneThorssen, ThorssenDrinkBonanza, ThorssenTown (NPC), LyelnasStone, LyelnasTown (NPC), LyelnasCaught, BersaStone, BersaTown (NPC), BersaSauna.
  • Slight alterations to the text of the Whitewood Village area's stores.
Fixes
  • A Unity bug that made certain buttons unclickable has been fixed this update.
  • Fixed the double dot in the choices of items being sold in stores.
  • Fixed the price of the Climbing Gear.
  • Fixed certain rooms having duplicate appearances.
  • Fixed Bersa second event appearing before the first one was completed.
  • The Elf Appearance is now acquired in the Choose Class event, not when meeting Lyelnas. This is because the elf member of the adventure party is the first elf you meet, not the shopkeeper.
  • Hotfix: Fixed a bug that happens when the player saves before entering Allurgard.
Download

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HashSlasher420

fakey00

Jun 8, 2020
SharkBitDev , thanks for the update. The initial problem has been solved but unfortunately it returns a few decisions later. When it asks me if I want to go by my given name or a alias I run into the bug again. If I select Alias it allows to me pick a name but pressing confirm does nothing. If you choose to use your original name pressing the button does nothing.

Arrikonait you can get past that bug by downloading the 3.4 version of the game that the Dev has pasted above. The download screens on the first post have not been updated. If you have time you should download the game and see if you run into the same bug I do.

Dev's 3.4 link:
Mega

sasach

Mar 18, 2018
Could you give me some more context here? What platform are you playing on? When did the saves get erased (immediatelly, after re-launching the game)? I can't replicate the bug, and others don't report this issue, so either something very specific happened to you, or the problem is connected to your setup. Either way, I need more info to fix this.
Thanks for your reply. I was using it on windows. The saves were erased immediately after creation, if I just switched from saving window to character screen or settings window. I tried to load one of them immediately after saving and the game crashed. So probably no saves were recorded in the first place. The save window exit button was also not working while it worked for all other screens like character screen for example.

I first suspected that the problem was with permitions and tried to run the game with admin rightes (It worked for some other games with the same issue) but it haven't helped.

Sorry for my a bit heated reaction, I just faced the same issue which stopped me during my first try with the game few months ago. The main problem is that game forces you to save at least once. I could have tried to assume that saves bug was just a sort of a strange ironman mode, but inability to save locks all the content from you.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
I just tried the latest version (3.4a). I started a fresh game on Linux, went throught he introduction, talked with the Angel, created the Save room. I set all sides as exit as the first try it was only North (I put it below, south of the starting room).
After entering everything looks fine, once I enter a save name (Start) and click Save it creates an entry. If I open the save menu or switch tabs and go back to save it's missing. If I try to load right after saving it won't load anything, the load bar stays at 0.
If I close the menu the Cardinal Direction buttons are disabled, so I can't leave the save room or do anything meaningful, at first I thought I made a mistake when creating the room, but on the second try I created exits for all directions and still same bevhaviour.
So I gave up on playing, what's the purpose If I always have to start over? :-/

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
SharkBitDev , thanks for the update. The initial problem has been solved but unfortunately it returns a few decisions later. When it asks me if I want to go by my given name or a alias I run into the bug again. If I select Alias it allows to me pick a name but pressing confirm does nothing. If you choose to use your original name pressing the button does nothing.
That's peculiar, I did not manage to replicate this bug at all, unlike the last one. It could be Unity's Toolkit UI acting up again under very specific engine circumstances. If you'd like to try getting an early fix, shoot me a message on my patreon, and we can get you a version of the new update with an updated Unity to see if it works.

Skalli has the same issue as sasach

First off, sasach the game shouldn't need admin permissions since it puts your saves in the Appdata's LocalLow folder. It's under Shark Bit Games, if you want to check the folder when you save. Also, the game doesn't force you to save at any point. You need to build the save room for the tutorial to end, but you never actually have to save. That said, this game is a novel's length already, so playing without a save would be insanity.

Skalli that is quite a useful report. If upon closing the save screen the game is unresponsive, the problem is on save creation despite the menus working. Here's what I'm going to do, next update I shall be putting something in place, so people can just get me crash reports more easily. Should have done this years ago, but never too late for a good idea, I suppose. I need to see what specifically is going wrong with you guys' save to fix it.

If you two would like an early fix, hit me up on patreon and I will hook you up with development versions of the game, so you can get me crash reports early and I can get you a fixed version early. Sorry about the trouble.

Reactions: Skalli

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.5 - Whitewood Forest Done!

Content:
  • A few more adjusments to the text of certain locations in Whitewood village. (Location descriptions are hard to get right, fuck me. Also continuity is important.)
  • New Sex Scene: added the Living Vine Gangbang scene.
  • Revamped these events: Church Stone, Meet Jonathan, Gautr NPC, Felix NPC, Trio Stone, Trio NPC, Starving Fairy Encounter.
Fixes:
  • Fixed an oversight that was causing certain tags for flags to not work.
  • Fixed a bug where the proper "Naked" equipment was not being given to the player upon returning the armor of the C Trio.
Download

Reactions: DOodads

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
PathToAscension-3.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Why is this game not or will it be for Android? it looks very good...
There are no plans for an Android version in the near future because of a lack of time. I am already barely keeping up with the bug fixes on the current versions of the game. So adding a mobile port now would be a nightmare. But that doesn't mean it will never happen.

im stuck on a black screen when i open the game
The same on Mac :(
Is this happening on the web version? There's a little notice about how to fix that in the itch.io page. If not, then try this new version. Even if it doesn't work, all new versions of the game now will send me a bug report via Backtrace whenever an exception or error happens, then I'll be able to fix whatever's happening.

Skalli and sasach could you guys try out this new version? I don't think your problem's fixed, but the game now has an automated bug report system via Backtrace that should make it very easy for me to pinpoint the problem. Just make sure you are connected to the internet, then play the game normally, and try to save.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
PtA 3.61 - Mc Hammer Bugs
QoL
  • Added Ringbearer events to even list.
  • Changed how Status Effects work. We now shouldn't have problems about status effects lasting after they should be gone or anything of the sort. Also added a line to their tooltips that it specifies if they are beneficial or hostile, and how long they last.
  • Owned skills are now green in the Party menu, so you can tell at a glance. The color will be adjusted for something more aesthetically pleasant later.
  • Added a line where Callyanna introduces the girls during the TrioStone, since the player would only know their names if they had stolen their armor due to the optional text.
  • Added a message to confirm you've rested on the beach, but the proper description is still to come.
  • Placed a message confirming the Rummage choice is still a WIP.
Fixes
  • Fixed "Jonathan II" event's question repeating twice.
  • Customized Jonathan's choice when asking him to join you. It was the same as Daisy's one before.
  • Fixed a bunch of tags not working properly.
  • Fixed "Trio Stone" event oversight where conditional tag for whether the player had stolen the girls' armor or not was not implemented where needed.
  • Also fixed me not knowing to count when Callyanna offers a threesome which, should be a foursome.
  • Fixed the game not properly calculating whether you do have big boobs or not. Lol.
  • Fixed the eldritch font not loading properly.
  • Fixed scattered typos.
  • Fixed weird overlapping text in the pond on the Swamp Entrance area.
  • Fixed Skills not being added after levelling up.
  • Fixed "Daisy Joins" event repeating every time she is recruited back.
  • Fixed an error caused when dismissing companions.
Updates Since Last Public Build (3.5):
PtA 3.6 - Swingers and Automatic Bug Reports!
Content:

• Added an automatic bug reporting system. I found out about a very handy system for bug handling. As long as you have an internet connection, any crashes, exceptions or errors will automatically generate and send bug report logs to me! No private information is collected, only game stuff.
  • Revised Whitewood Crossroads area.
  • Added new NPCs: the Ringbearer dwarven couple, they are located right outside the orc settlement.
  • Added a new sex scene for the NPCs above.
  • Added a new event, which is the one where you meet the couple.
Download

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
PathToAscension-3.61
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes