What would you prefer in a future text-based game? (please pick one of each trio)

• Total voters

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
If it helps, SubscribeStar is far more permissive than Patreon, from what I understand.
It appears that way on the surface, but if you look at the terms of service, it's vague and wishy-washy, at least last time I looked them over. This is likely so they can cover their asses if any individual creator causes problems. So they permit a lot of stuff...so long as you stay under the radar and don't rock the boat.

Like I said though, I'll still have to consider it, it's basically either Subscribestar or another tiny stealth service like Sponsus. I've got my eye on a couple that should hopefully be more reliable and long-lived than Sponsus. Subscribestar does certainly have more reach though, more people already have accounts there and can easily add another subscription, rather than only grabbing the people willing to make an account on yet another site they have to remember and monitor.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Rewdo06 and lnppo

AelphysTerra

May 13, 2020
IMPORTANT: STOP SUPPORTING ME (AND POSSIBLY ANY OTHER PEOPLE YOU'RE SPONSORING) ON SPONSUS!
Not gonna lie, tried signing up there to possibly support creators. The fact that creating an account was a big hassle should have been a red flag in hindsight.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes