What would you prefer in a future text-based game? (please pick one of each trio)

• Total voters

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
Paths Release 13 is now publicly available.
Once again, as a reminder, the version uploaded here has all 18+ characters, if you want the Hebephile edition you'll have to get it off the blog.

Since it happens to be so close to Christmas, I'm not making you guys wait a week, everyone's getting it right now, hot off the presses. This release contains Kalene's C route in her second encounter, which reveals the most plot, introduces you to a new character, and contains a sex scene with two branches. God this one took too long, but it kind of had to be a meaty scene, it contains pretty much the entire plot of what's happening up to now, plus a big sex scene that had to one-up her previous C scene. Even if you don't like the C path it might be worth picking those options and skipping past the scenes just to get a full picture of what's going on.

Anywho, I hope it's enjoyable enough to be worth the wait, and that everyone has a merry Christmas.

DOWNLOADS: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
Paths Release 13 is now publicly available.
Once again, as a reminder, the version uploaded here has all 18+ characters, if you want the Hebephile edition you'll have to get it off the blog.

Since it happens to be so close to Christmas, I'm not making you guys wait a week, everyone's getting it right now, hot off the presses. This release contains Kalene's C route in her second encounter, which reveals the most plot, introduces you to a new character, and contains a sex scene with two branches. God this one took too long, but it kind of had to be a meaty scene, it contains pretty much the entire plot of what's happening up to now, plus a big sex scene that had to one-up her previous C scene. Even if you don't like the C path it might be worth picking those options and skipping past the scenes just to get a full picture of what's going on.

Anywho, I hope it's enjoyable enough to be worth the wait, and that everyone has a merry Christmas.

DOWNLOADS: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Thank you for the early Christmas gift StratosDBG!
Merry Christmas everyone!

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
what's exactly the path A, B, C and D?
Just a convenient way to refer to the different routes. They also all stand for a specific word, though I haven't revealed what those are. This most recent update completed the encounter where the routes formally split, actually. It should also make what each route is fairly clear, if you don't work it out beforehand.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Holy moly what a blast from the past. Still no guide? And was transformation still linear, i.e. no big dick, big breast impregnator run possible?

Devronman

Nov 25, 2018
Just tried this for the first time. Neat little game so far, glad I tried it out. Good writing and certainly has a lot on offer.

Taedin

May 19, 2023
Gave it a playthrough, and I want to say that while it's (currently) a bit short, I really love the writing style, particularly for the "C" route descriptions. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Does anyone know of other text-based games like this where the protagonist is actively corrupting the heroines? Most everything I find has the protag themselves always being the one corrupted and feminized and whatnot.

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
I tried getting into it multiple times, but... the white walls of text are really off-putting. Would it be possible to use different color for when someone speaks or put that into different paragraph instead of having everything lumped in single one?

Reactions: Qamar

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
I tried getting into it multiple times, but... the white walls of text are really off-putting. Would it be possible to use different color for when someone speaks or put that into different paragraph instead of having everything lumped in single one?
Possible? Yes. It would require me to sort through everything though, which could take a while. I'd hoped that separating it every three sentences would be sufficient. Hmmm. If twine's find and replace has the right syntax I could try to do a color change of all dialogue at once...

I'll have to put some thought into it.

Kealoz

Oct 24, 2018
As an old-school RPG player, I have no problem with walls of text, but yeah, I can see how they might be off-putting to others who might just want to focus more on the important slices of dialogue.

Bonerhat

Dec 2, 2018
General rule of thumb I think is best for these pure text games is to never make the user scroll, always try to make any single page of text fit within a reasonably sized browser window. Another game, Transylvania, does this really well and would probally be good reference.

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
I've tried to mostly keep it within a 1920x1080 window for most of it, but some of the early stuff is definitely way too long. I could certainly go back and re-jigger the earlier scenes, it's just a low priority. Maybe I'll do it when I think about how to make the dialogue stand out more...

StratosDBG

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2020
IMPORTANT: STOP SUPPORTING ME (AND POSSIBLY ANY OTHER PEOPLE YOU'RE SPONSORING) ON SPONSUS!

I mentioned this in the weekly update on the blog, but in an effort to get the message out as widely as possible, I'm making a separate post to highlight this important issue.

I have been getting consistent problems with Sponsus and can't post updates over there anymore. After what happened last time I did some digging and finally jumped on their discord, and found out that the service is basically abandoned. The site owner walked away and has basically just left it to run until it breaks down on its own, no support or fixes will be forthcoming unless they decide to reappear. With this in mind I would heavily recommend anyone supporting me on Sponsus cease doing so immediately, if the site will still allow you to. If not, you may have to talk to your bank or whoever and block the automated payments from that end. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this causes, I should have more closely monitored the service, especially after that month-long outage.

I intend to look into alternatives now, I stuck with Sponsus for so long mainly because their content policies were much more openly permissive. Sites like Patreon and Subscribestar either openly limit and moderate content, or keep their terms vague enough that they can easily remove you if you ever become a problem, but it seems like I'll have to take my chances. Credit card companies and payment providers have left smaller adult content creators with no other good choices then to simply pray the boot doesn't come down on us for making the content we and our communities enjoy. Once again, I apologize deeply for any problems or stress this causes.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes