Patreon Is Hardening Their 'Adult Content' Guidelines. Discussion Thread

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Will be easier to read. It's a message explaining what's considered to be fringe and what's forbidden. It's from legal team of @Jmolle2 which contacted Patreon. :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So basically everything is banned. But can anyone tells me why Super Powers are banned as well? I knew this perverted freak Superman should wear some decent clothes.

Reactions: volto and Herapa

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Will be easier to read. It's a message explaining what's considered to be fringe and what's forbidden. It's from legal team of @Jmolle2 which contacted Patreon. :
So basically everything is banned. But can anyone tells me why Super Powers are banned as well? I knew this perverted freak Superman should wear some decent clothes.
Super powers are out because mind control xray programming etc violate a characters free will and there rights. No clue how a game character has rights but there you go. Also had to delete screenshot as i left my personal email address visable.
20171031_131753.png

Reactions: volto and Herapa

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Super powers.. such as mind control etc... for adult games only... not in general :D (meaning behind this is, the sex is not consentual with super powers)

P.S. Lol @Jmolle2 :D

Last edited:

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Seems patreon are trying to get adult creators to leave of there own free will. I mean of they ban it board may not approve and creators would cause issues. Its like work if a company wants rid of you they will make your job hard so they dont have to give you anything when you quit. And i know all about that because i have just done the same in my company to my cleaner.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Seems patreon are trying to get adult creators to leave of there own free will. I mean of they ban it board may not approve and creators would cause issues. Its like work if a company wants rid of you they will make your job hard so they dont have to give you anything when you quit. And i know all about that because i have just done the same in my company to my cleaner.
Serious money loss for Patreon though a revenue stream they cant make back having severe impact on their company worth

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
As for now they're just saying what's wrong but are they willing to ban anyone? They would just need to ban BB, DMD, DoD and SS. Hell, even ban of 1 of these would make all creators go mad. Any of these isn't really able to change its content. But there is also DMD suspension lift. Why would they do that if it's still a clear violation?

Bobbs

Oct 25, 2017
Super powers are out because mind control xray programming etc violate a characters free will and there rights. No clue how a game character has rights but there you go.
Man, after living through the 90's I seriously thought we were past this shit.

Holy fuck, that email is amazing ty for providing it...That list of banned things is so thorough and deep.

I think the absolute highlight has to be The ability to change the sex of the main character.

?????????????????????????????????

That's not even Politically Correct! With this we could at least get SJWs on our side lol.

I mean this is some hardcore right wing Christian censorship here. Reminiscent of the 90's very much.

Reactions: volto

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
The ability to change sex is like a direct hit for Two Sides. It's the biggest game I can remeber with sex change.

Reactions: volto

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Patreon will at there own discretion play the games. Reinstatement of a creators page is not acknowledgement of there complience of the terms of service. All it means is that there page not the content is.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Changing sex is apparently the same as tricking someone into a sexual situation. So if the character starts out as a women gets rejected by another women and you change into a man to get that women then the character is still seen as a women and the sex is considered coercion

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Also if any of patreons creators are on this thread or if anyone has any questions you would like to send to patreons legal team let me know by tagging me. Costing me 8k per day atm so might aswell get my moneys worth. Plus patreon have a tonne of legal people so the more emails my team send the more it costs them

Reactions: lexus33

Bobbs

Oct 25, 2017
Changing sex is apparently the same as tricking someone into a sexual situation. So if the character starts out as a women gets rejected by another women and you change into a man to get that women then the character is still seen as a women and the sex is considered coercion

...Wat

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Right? I mean main character is a women tries to get with another women lets call her lily. So mc changes to male to get lily in the sack and that constitutes force as she was tricked as mc is still classed as female. Makes no sense at all. Ill be posting a number of other emails in about 4 hours when i get home

Reactions: Darkaura

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Also if any of patreons creators are on this thread or if anyone has any questions you would like to send to patreons legal team let me know by tagging me. Costing me 8k per day atm so might aswell get my moneys worth. Plus patreon have a tonne of legal people so the more emails my team send the more it costs them
I would love to ask them if they're planning to take some actions against those who violate their guidelines as it's the most of adult creators. But that would be like asking them to do that so it's better not to ask about that

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I would love to ask them if they're planning to take some actions against those who violate their guidelines as it's the most of adult creators. But that would be like asking them to do that so it's better not to ask about that
Reinstatement of account suspended does not mean that creator is inline with the terms of service just there page is. And patreon at the own discretion will play the games to find out if the tos have been violated. If they already suspended you and reinstated you and find your game violates the tos you get banned and 1 month refunded to your supporters