dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
here are some recent pieces that have been added based on feedback.

• Inka is now Inga
  • Training is available from +1 to +7 each period
  • Full cheat menu
  • Added sex scenes
  • Asculum villa upgrade and bordello upgrade and Rome villa purchase and upgrade exist now
  • New hirable villa manager
  • New backgrounds, new locations
  • Parmida Quest
  • Dresses added
And of course about 100+ bug fixes

That doesn't mean that we didn't add back in about 200 new bugs, we did.
We're close to a release, but we're not done. Basically, at some point I'm going to call it 'done' and let this release drop even with lots of weird crap in it.

Nov 24, 2019
Just a status update, guys. We lost our main dev in May on the verge of a major release of 3.2.72. Since that time we've gone through no fewer than four guys who either got fired or ghosted. Right now we're extremely close to a release, but we still don't have a lead dev and have had to limp along with a couple of folks who can only put in - literally - a couple of hours a week. That's the long delay. I'm still looking for a lead developer though. Know anyone?

It's pretty frustrating for me, obviously. I've got 3.2.72 almost completely working, but not having a lead dev is a killer.
You might also want to update and ask this info to be added to the OP. And absolutely update SubscribeStar.

This being said, typically a lead dev is essentially the person going ahead, pushing past the bugs and introducing real progress. Usually everyone else on the team ends up following, so the most important traits for a lead dev is knowing and loving the game, and having time to dedicate to it. Should be familiar with the team, Ren'Py, and the game code - otherwise, well, "real progress" won't really happen, right?

But given four guys were fired, you may be straying from this default (maybe you're looking for a maintainer?) or recruiting programmers rather than lead devs (and there is a slight difference as I said above), so you should really consider making a description first (listing attributions and responsibilities) ;)

Best of luck in finding a new lead o/

Personal advise: Someone from the team has to take the mantle for things to go in any direction (preferably forward). Might initially be easier to elect internally the most interested person on the team even if they lack time, preferably the project maintainer if the role is filled, and look for a regular programmer with interest on the game. Let the temp. lead review, guide and tutor the new hire. There's a reason why business usually recruit management positions internally, after all.

Last edited:

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
If only I knew python :( godspeed my dudes, once I get a job i'll support you guys for sure.

hecom

Jan 26, 2019
Small status update... I just completed a full test of the existing / current development version of the game. We're on 3.2.72r9. That version has a metric shit-ton of small and medium issues. I'm going to release a build of it on my discord *only*, and I don't want to hear a damned thing about how fucked it is. We already know. There's only one known crash, but there are many open issues that make things kinda broken. If you're willing to put up with a giant steaming pile of turds, then you may want to play with 3.2.72rX when I drop it in the next few days. Don't bitch at me about the clunky shit. Just don't play it if you can't deal. Okay?

Now, just to appease the guy who posted a giant fucking wall of text about how Inka should be named "Inga" - Guess what? She's Inga now. So shut the fuck up and support us. For those of you who whined goddamned endlessly about the massive grind, guess what? There's a full cheat menu now, so shut the fuck up and support us. For those of you who complained that there's not enough sex in the game, we added a couple of scenes - so... you get the idea.

There's a guy who insisted that travel from place to place should take only one click. Well, guess what? Fuck off.
What a disaster.
Sad to see such a good fappable project bite the dust because of inflated egos and bad project management.
I hope the artist breaks free and finds a competent dev team since Patronus is probably dead/ abandonware (72$/month on subscribestar, discord is very empty/inactive).
What a shame, this game was legit amongst the top 10 /weg/ 2dcg games.
RIP.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: HarryAR and Yngling

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
What a disaster.
Sad to see such a good fappable project bite the dust because of inflated egos and bad project management.
I hope the artist breaks free and finds a competent dev team since Patronus is probably dead/ abandonware (72$/month on subscribestar, discord is very empty/inactive).
RIP.
On the Discord the Developer has mentioned the next version is currently being tested and will be released in a couple of days.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
On the Discord the Developer has mentioned the next version is currently being tested and will be released in a couple of days.
He's literally replying to the Dev who said he's putting out a build soon but still going on about how the project is dead... also, that subscribestar numbers have never been very high, though that is down slightly.

ThreeLeggedMan

May 8, 2020
I don't understand why this shit get that abandoned tag if it's still getting updates or new version in development. What's up? been play it a lot back then, was really excited when i first time discover this game. Really love the characters, it's theme ancient rome, slavery and shit. So sad to see it in this situation.

Reactions: Deckmaster

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
What a disaster.
RIP.
Sorry but that is stupid. For a number of reasons:

1) "inflated egos and bad project management", well, that's your opinion. Which is pretty much worthless when posted on a pirate forum. You already get the game for free, why do you think you have rights to anything?
2) The game never earned a lot of money so far. I think that this is because they try to squeeze as much actual gameplay out of Ren'py as possible, leading to a lot of bugs. Despite the fact that there is already a significant amount of content, the game is still kind of a demo / alpha / early access
3) "RIP", just a few posts above yours, the dev talks about an update. So, not RIP, just WIP.

I don't understand why this shit get that abandoned tag if it's still getting updates or new version in development. What's up?
F95Zone rules. Threads get "abandoned" tag after a certain amount without update. Unless the dev requests "onhold" tag, I think.

Coyote01

Jan 26, 2020
Thanks for the help. :) I still had to click the "book to acknowledge" in the rules. Now I have access. :)

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes