Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Yes it is. What I wrote is factually correct.

The abandoned tag was already there before Dvemail announced their problems.

It's the same with other games which have some kind of hiatus for whatever reason. Even if the dev continues posting in the thread or even PM-ing staff members, the abandoned tag stays until there is an update posted on F95Zone.

Unfortunately that introduces a lot of unclarities, especially for people who don't bother to look up the project history, most of which is generally available in the very game thread those people reply to.

In this case, while *you* may feel a lack of progress, the fact is that the game is still being worked on, the dev is even active in the forum, so the game is technically not abandoned. Just slowly moving forward. Of course, I would like story/content updates as well, but it is what it is. If you want it to go faster, you may try shoving a large amount of money towards the dev, but otherwise complaining about it won't help too much....
a new update is posted, pretty sure the bug fix update is what is linked

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
At Dev's of course, where else? :WeSmart::coffee:
Current build was posted 19.06.2022 (link valid for 7 days).

Reactions: Yngling

keterboy

Jul 2, 2021
Guys and gals! The developer did abandon the project. All we have after more than a year are promises and a patch which introduced a new game breaking bug. Until we see an update with significant new content the abandoned tag is deserved.
We need proof that the current developer can finish this. Until then there is no use of fanboying or turn against each other.
When the game breaking bug is fixed and we see new content indicating this is going somewhere there will be a time to apologize to him/her/them for some of us including me.
oh, i see now

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
The 'current developer' is me. I'm the funder, the designer, project manager and about 40% the writer. I created the project and it's been mine since inception. The idea that the direction of the game is dependent on the coder(s) is absurd. We ran into huge project issues starting after the release of 3.2.71, and I've focused on getting a much more stable game in 3.2.72 and 3.2.72B (bugfix). We've basically accomplished that with the exception of a couple of minor crashes we'll fix this week or so. That will be the official and public release of 3.2.72 after about a year.

Immediately following the official release of 3.2.72, we'll go to work on a content update for 3.2.73. There's a full roadmap after that. As I have said in other places and threads, we have a *huge* backlog of art and writing just waiting on the developers.

Tomomasa

May 10, 2022
I'm the funder
I'm pretty sure this is a crowd fund project.
I created the project and it's been mine since inception.
Than you are fully responsible for the lack of progress. The only significant change you will find if you load up a 1 year earlier version that it lacks game breaking crashes and actually playable. Ironically your "bugfix" version is not.
The idea that the direction of the game is dependent on the coder(s) is absurd.
Well that depends. It wasn't just a coder but a "main developer". A main developer usually is the boss of the project. But I must be wrong and it is possible you hired a boss above you. Very logic. It is very logic as well that since you lost that insignificant coder your project is not moving an inch forward.
Thanks, I do hope it gets posted here as well.
At least it would solve the "abandoned" issue...
You all make the impression that this project is full of updates only they are posted on the discord channel. That discords announcement section 2 latest post are the latest bugfix update and the other post from 2021 summer.

This is my own opinion only but this project deserve the abandoned status until a real update with content and not changing variables, texts, and fixing syntax errors in the code. Most developers wouldn't even list these in a changelog.
But your support are so awesome they are content with this. They are so supportive that they don't even make the free effort to advert your project in their signature. Oh I see why you wrote you are the "funder". I guess that status will remain for awhile.
I will be the first to apologize if you have a real content update in a next few months but if not you are the one who should do the same and not even to me but your supporters.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

Than you are fully responsible for the lack of progress. The only significant change you will find if you load up a 1 year earlier version that it lacks game breaking crashes and actually playable. Ironically your "bugfix" version is not.

Well that depends. It wasn't just a coder but a "main developer". A main developer usually is the boss of the project. But I must be wrong and it is possible you hired a boss above you. Very logic. It is very logic as well that since you lost that insignificant coder your project is not moving an inch forward.

You all make the impression that this project is full of updates only they are posted on the discord channel. That discords announcement section 2 latest post are the latest bugfix update and the other post from 2021 summer.

This is my own opinion only but this project deserve the abandoned status until a real update with content and not changing variables, texts, and fixing syntax errors in the code. Most developers wouldn't even list these in a changelog.
But your support are so awesome they are content with this. They are so supportive that they don't even make the free effort to advert your project in their signature. Oh I see why you wrote you are the "funder". I guess that status will remain for awhile.
I will be the first to apologize if you have a real content update in a next few months but if not you are the one who should do the same and not even to me but your supporters.
Entitled much?

I rarely see so much arrogance and ignorance at the same time in one post... Good job Sir!

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

Crowd Fund project? Hahahahahahaahahaaaa..... OMG. You just have *no* fucking clue at all, cupcake.

Reactions: Zekimbitor

Tomomasa

May 10, 2022
Crowd Fund project? Hahahahahahaahahaaaa..... OMG. You just have *no* fucking clue at all, cupcake.
ice_screenshot_20220627-064629.png
I read somewhere one of your subscriber complaining about the recuring payment method.
Yeah keep throwing insults when you are out of valid arguement like your simp above! I already ignored him.

BTW if you ever sent him any money look how he appreciate your contribution!

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Tomomasa before you embarrass yourself further, please read the entire thread and not only the last few pages.

Given the nature of this game, bugfixes are at least as important as content updates. This is not a VN but a management game.

There are and have been several bugs which effect the game playing experience. Since this game pushes Renpy to it's limits, this is understandable, but still they must be fixed. This is, in my opinion, just as important as additional content.

Reactions: mrcachalote

jeromdekeizer

Jan 31, 2017
Purchasable is incredibly different from crowd-funded, buttercup.
How is this better? Thats makes it even worse buying a game with barely any content, with gamebreaking bugs. Also if this purchase makes it possible to complete the game then yes its crowdfunded, cuz people buying it are making it possible to finish the game. Else you wouldnt make it so that you can buy this "game". You would wait to do that till its finished.
If this game was crowd funded, based on the funds generated so far you’d all be playing the longest running “hello world” intro to programming game ever.

Crowd funded, that’s a fucking joke… dude must have maggots for brain cells.

There are a few people kicking in a few bucks, but calling that “crowd funding” is hilarious.
Giving money so a game can be developed is crowd funding. so not that hilarious.
1656336465359.png
Also isnt this their/your subscibestar? Where you get 89 bucks a month to develop this? So it is crowdfunded no? Or is this also different, buttercup?
1656336810179.png
Or your own site were if you want to see memberposts about his game you need to pay monthly or each year? Or is this supposed to be also not crowdfunding, cupcake?

Just sharing my opinion and view on this, after watching how you and the other dude are reacting to critics of this crowdfunded project.

jeromdekeizer

Jan 31, 2017
I'd say, as soon as the crowd starts funding, we can call this crowd funded. But due to reasons, there is not much funding by the crowd yet. Just my 2 cents.
But there is funding, doesnt matter how much. The moment people are paying for a game to be developed then its crowd funded. You cant say: ow its only crowd funded when you get 10K a month, when its less people just give you money for free. Cuz those people wouldnt give you money if you werent developing the game. So stop with the bs about it being not crowd funded when they are getting funds from a crowd to develop a game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
But there is funding, doesnt matter how much. The moment people are paying for a game to be developed then its crowd funded. You cant say: ow its only crowd funded when you get 10K a month, when its less people just give you money for free. Cuz those people wouldnt give you money if you werent developing the game. So stop with the bs about it being not crowd funded when they are getting funds from a crowd to develop a game.
There are funding goals defined on the patreon page afaik, and as long as they are not reached, it's not sufficiently funded. That dependency is quite easily verified. Anything less I would only call "support". There *is* such a thing like insufficient funding.

jeromdekeizer

Jan 31, 2017
There are funding goals defined on the patreon page afaik, and as long as they are not reached, it's not sufficiently funded. That dependency is quite easily verified. Anything less I would only call "support". There *is* such a thing like insufficient funding.
Then it would be like kickstarter were a project doesnt get the money if they dont reach the goal. But this project gets the money every month. With a minimum of 1k per year at the moment.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If a person pays for 95% of something or whatever the total is and points out that he is the one funding a project and rando who has no clue says something to the effect of "You don't fund this! it's crowd funded!" then no, it's not really crowd funded. There is some crowd funding, but its more like a tip than funding.

So, yes, in this instance, it does matter.
I was about to write something very similar.

Reactions: Zekimbitor
3.40 star(s) 23 Votes