Ren'Py Peaches Are Not the Only Fruit [v0.06(b)] [Vivien]

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes

dave082

Feb 25, 2017
Wow! That's just what I wanted to do on the morning of day 2, although I doubt Mandy would have reacted positively ;) There isn't any way to get this in the game yet. It must be future content, so nice job providing a hot preview for us of 0.0.3 maybe? :D
Are you sure? Because it is in the game's images folder at the moment. Why would the dev include this picture if it isn't in the game already. Probably there is a path to it that we haven't found.

Ayal

Apr 9, 2020
Are you sure? Because it is in the game's images folder at the moment. Why would the dev include this picture if it isn't in the game already. Probably there is a path to it that we haven't found.
How do you access the image folder?

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I'm sure. Devs are always working on various things and sometimes images or other material gets left in the files that aren't used in the game, at least not yet. It's true with professional games as well. In this case it's reasonable to assume that it's planned future content.

Reactions: patrickB

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi folks - quick update from the dev, who is working hard on the next update for the game. They are considering putting out some smaller updates that cover different options during the evening on the second day of the game. So say there are 3-4 choices for what the MC wants to do that evening, they would put out an update that covered one of them but left the others for a subsequent update.

Do you all think that's a good idea? If you are pursuing a specific love interest you may not have anything at all for that character in a smaller update, but we would get something new to play faster than waiting for all the different choices to be finished. And if so, what characters/routes would you be most interested in seeing first?

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
Hi folks - quick update from the dev, who is working hard on the next update for the game. They are considering putting out some smaller updates that cover different options during the evening on the second day of the game. So say there are 3-4 choices for what the MC wants to do that evening, they would put out an update that covered one of them but left the others for a subsequent update.

Do you all think that's a good idea? If you are pursuing a specific love interest you may not have anything at all for that character in a smaller update, but we would get something new to play faster than waiting for all the different choices to be finished. And if so, what characters/routes would you be most interested in seeing first?
I like the idea of smaller updates. For next paths my order preference would be Polly, Vanessa, Connie. Honestly though anyone at all will do, I would just like to see the game progress.

BTW fanboi, thank you for providing the communication. ( I also love your avatar)

• Red Heart
Reactions: patrickB and fanboi

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
I got another heads-up from the Dev - there are six different possible Tuesday evening/night adventures for the MC. There is no special cross-over between them so they can be released individually as they become ready, rather than waiting until all of them have been created (after they have all been created there will be a full V0.03 with everything contained, but that's a way off).

However please note, each of these limited releases will only be playable if MC is on the appropriate route for it. So you need to think about where you already got to in the game at the end of version 0.02 whereby it should be clear what MC is planning to do that evening from the choices he already made. If he's planning to do something other than what the release covers he will simply get a "wait for the appropriate release" message.

So, the six possible Tuesday evening/night adventures are (in no particular order):

1) Go home to Mandy to give her a special thank-you treat;
2) Go and spend some time chilling out with Pamela at her flat;
3) Meet up at the pub with Polly, Caterina and Caterina's boyfriend;
4) Go to the pub solo and try to chat up the barmaid;
5) Take Vanessa to the pub (if full scene not already achieved on Monday);
6) Quiet night in (this may not be as quiet as MC expects !).

Dev is currently working on No 4 (barmaid) and has no particular preference which of the other five comes next in the queue. So if anyone wants to put in a shout for any of the others then feel free.

Reactions: Jimbog and patrickB
Apr 1, 2018
Excuse me but where tf do you find Poly? been looking for her for like 30 minutes and why is there so many errors in this game?

Ayal

Apr 9, 2020
Excuse me but where tf do you find Poly? been looking for her for like 30 minutes and why is there so many errors in this game?
in the lab on the right hand side, about halfway down, move your curser around until you highlight a door.

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
As was mentioned it's near the back of the main lab area (you can click on a highlighted area).

Have you found errors in the game? Can you share them if so? It really helps devs when you do that since then they can fix the problems. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2018
As was mentioned it's near the back of the main lab area (you can click on a highlighted area).

Have you found errors in the game? Can you share them if so? It really helps devs when you do that since then they can fix the problems. Thanks!
Oh ya absolutely I got a cum load of them, I had a lot lot of these but I couldn't take pictures of them all but they ALL happen either when I tried going in the cafeteria, or after meeting Caterina in the cafeteria for the first time, and I kept pressing ignore but a new line of error just keeps coming up .
Edit: Oh and also 1 error message similar to the other ones appear when I do the spectrometer analysis but it goes away after I press ignore once unlike the other ones that keep coming back with a new one after every click.

Last edited:
Reactions: fanboi
Apr 1, 2018
in the lab on the right hand side, about halfway down, move your curser around until you highlight a door.
OH holy shit just found it thanks man before I only knew about the 2 door on the left and the green arrow at the right but I found the other room now TYSM. Btw one more question where can I get some ideas or hints about the spectrometer mixtures? I keep getting em wrong any idea on that?

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
OH holy shit just found it thanks man before I only knew about the 2 door on the left and the green arrow at the right but I found the other room now TYSM. Btw one more question where can I get some ideas or hints about the spectrometer mixtures? I keep getting em wrong any idea on that?
No need to worry about them, the first day you can't get it right and the second day you'll have help :)

Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Oh ya absolutely I got a cum load of them, I had a lot lot of these but I couldn't take pictures of them all but they ALL happen either when I tried going in the cafeteria, or after meeting Caterina in the cafeteria for the first time, and I kept pressing ignore but a new line of error just keeps coming up .
Edit: Oh and also 1 error message similar to the other ones appear when I do the spectrometer analysis but it goes away after I press ignore once unlike the other ones that keep coming back with a new one after every click.
Thanks for sharing this info! It's valuable because it does help devs a lot when players can point out where a technical problem lies. I passed this to the dev who was concerned enough to come back to me pretty fast. Here is the response:

"All of the errors reported arise from a missing image file called PPlogo.png. This image is the "Palmer Pharma" logo which appears up high on the back wall of the food area.

The PPlogo image was required for version V0.01 but in version V0.02 it was no longer required because it was pre-integrated into the main food area images. Accordingly the PPlogo image is not present in the V0.02 image file and the V0.02 game code does not ask for it.

So, somehow he seems to be playing the game with V0.01 code (which calls for the image) but he has a V0.02 image file (which does not include that image).

It is also mysterious how he was apparently able to visit the food area at all when he could not find Polly, since the game cannot actually progress to lunchtime until you have already met Polly. So again something is amiss there.

I'm wondering if he has somehow merged Versions 0.01 and 0.02 in his game folder instead of just installing and playing V0.02 as a discrete entity? Or perhaps he is playing an unofficial port of the game - dunno?

What I can say is that I have just double checked the V0.01 and V0.02 game files and the PPlogo image is definitely only referenced in V0.01 and it is also there in the V0.01 image files. In V0.02 there is no reference to it at all. No one else has reported this error with the game, or any errors at all in fact, and which leads me further to believe the error is at the player's end either with the installation or the source of the build. It seems likely that the error he mentions regarding the spectrometer scene is of similar origin."

So there you have it. I'd suggest deleting what you have and doing a fresh install. With Renpy it won't affect the saved games you have either. If you get more errors post them here, then the dev can be made aware. Thanks!

4.40 star(s) 16 Votes