muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
And some just love to start from nothing and become the hero of the story.
I’m fine starting from “nothing” and working my way up, but there are conditions:

First, for some devs, starting from nothing means at level 1 you lose in a fistfight versus a rat, which I find unacceptable. The fantasy of progression comes from the gap between where you start and where you end up, but—for one reason or another—all too often where you end up is just where most other games start you: a competent adventurer. So the only way to have any progression is to start you off where you can barely tie your own shoes; whereas, in my mind, I expect to end up like a high-level D&D wizard, in which case the game could afford to start you a little higher on the ladder.

Second, and more importantly, you should be able to progress at a reasonable pace. Too often in these scenarios are you completely squeezed at the start, unable to make progress because of how weak you are, and I don’t think that’s desirable. I think a game that starts you “from nothing” should reward being creative at the start, which would mean giving a lot more options for players to gain experience; most games require that you kill mudcrabs for 10 hours before you’re able to fight anything else.

also what is why i personally love feedback on the people who play the game and what parts they dislike.
Oh, I’ve already written a novel about what I dislike in Peasant’s Quest in this thread, lmao.

same reason now that the cheat stuff in PQ has a power amulet for more strength and daily reset of the potion chest so people dont have to edit their inventory, but dont think it will stop everbody from cheating
The problem with Peasant’s Quest is that it has a lot of the problems I mentioned: while, as far as I understand, it has more to do with a lack of experience and resources, as opposed to a lack of imagination or interest, the gameplay is underdeveloped (combat is the only real way to make progress, and it’s practically nothing but the barebones RPGM system), there’s a lot of tedium, and the balance isn’t amazing. It’s kind of hard to ask players not to cheat when this is the situation they’re dealing with.

Kaizaki69

Jul 14, 2023
How to fix the missing images? And also i can't save my game (currently playing in Joiplay) Lastly how to apply the defensor patch?

Last edited:

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
how many times do i discipline Alice B4 she can participate in in ritual
She has a "hidden" Obedience score similar (and in addition) to Affection. It's high enough to participate in Mass when she asks to be punished after making a mess. Disciplining her appropriately 10 times gets her there. Not disciplining her after a mess improves it less, about half as much as disciplining. Don't discipline her if she hasn't made a mess...that causes Obedience to drop *and* she refuses the punishment unless Obedience is very high to begin with.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
How to fix the missing images? And also i can't save my game (currently playing in Joiplay) Lastly how to apply the defensor patch?
Missing images are fixed by the decensor patch. Some later storylines require the patch to advance them, it's not just missing images for those (and IIRC locks up the game if you reach those points in those storylines). Can't help with adding the patch or saves issue, I only play download on PC.

Kaizaki69

Jul 14, 2023
Nah i already fix it i'm just dumb, but the new problem is that it seems I cant enter and go out in some places like I'm stuck I can't open some entrances even tho im already pressing the button

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
I’m fine starting from “nothing” and working my way up, but there are conditions:

First, for some devs, starting from nothing means at level 1 you lose in a fistfight versus a rat, which I find unacceptable. The fantasy of progression comes from the gap between where you start and where you end up, but—for one reason or another—all too often where you end up is just where most other games start you: a competent adventurer. So the only way to have any progression is to start you off where you can barely tie your own shoes; whereas, in my mind, I expect to end up like a high-level D&D wizard, in which case the game could afford to start you a little higher on the ladder.

Second, and more importantly, you should be able to progress at a reasonable pace. Too often in these scenarios are you completely squeezed at the start, unable to make progress because of how weak you are, and I don’t think that’s desirable. I think a game that starts you “from nothing” should reward being creative at the start, which would mean giving a lot more options for players to gain experience; most games require that you kill mudcrabs for 10 hours before you’re able to fight anything else.

Oh, I’ve already written a novel about what I dislike in Peasant’s Quest in this thread, lmao.

The problem with Peasant’s Quest is that it has a lot of the problems I mentioned: while, as far as I understand, it has more to do with a lack of experience and resources, as opposed to a lack of imagination or interest, the gameplay is underdeveloped (combat is the only real way to make progress, and it’s practically nothing but the barebones RPGM system), there’s a lot of tedium, and the balance isn’t amazing. It’s kind of hard to ask players not to cheat when this is the situation they’re dealing with.
Can you link the post about the feedback, so i can have look and talk to Tinkerer about it.
normaly we say that the turning point is after the second waypoint mision due the game got bit more open afterwords in doing quests, guess most issues are before that. Due Tinkerer was still learning from stretch.

good feedback is always welcome due people saying game bad fix it, that is something you cant really go further with.

Reactions: Lostan

Kaizaki69

Jul 14, 2023
Is there a way to fix the save in this game?!? It always get lost during the gameplay which I find annoying cuz I always repeat the game because I loss my playthrough (joiplay)

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
He said test build will be sometime today and the full build will be on the 8th.
like always i hope the test version dont get leaked here, so much shit will fly when it happens
and peoples modded saves will die because of it . seen it to many times.
other thing is that people port their saves over than get corrupted due test is normaly very buggy and dont have their backups for their save....

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
like always i hope the test version dont get leaked here, so much shit will fly when it happens
and peoples modded saves will die because of it . seen it to many times.
other thing is that people port their saves over than get corrupted due test is normaly very buggy and dont have their backups for their save....
No offense, but how do people lose their save? Doesn't every just copy paste their save folder over? I still have my old save folders from the past 3 updates

Reactions: Damagus01 and Pdoan

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
No offense, but how do people lose their save? Doesn't every just copy paste their save folder over? I still have my old save folders from the past 3 updates
you one of the smarter ones, some just drop them in
shit dont work delete all and gone are the saves...

than they come back with a saved that is been edit and they changed something they shoudnt than that happens.
its not only here but some just than come to the discord and say its the game while we in the file can see its something people fucked up.

edit:
the 99 queen egg spider is still my favorite moron move. means you need to watch that animation 99 times :D

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
people are used to it because most games specifically the Renpy ones have redundant save folders and PQ doesnt.. so if you delete the game folder in place of the new update. the save goes bye-bye as well..

4.20 star(s) 205 Votes