Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I tried this one out today, and I was pleasantly surprised... Sure, it has a few quirks that were not necessarily my schtick... But overall it was fun to play and read... A few character visuals felt a bit over exaggerated, but I understand what the intentions were... The hint system was decent enough that when it didn't give direct hints, it wasn't too time consuming to open up the next steps with some of the relationship arcs... This VN/Game is one of those Relationship Grinders revolving around the Time-Day-Location mechanics... Many folks already know how they work... But there are some short events outside of the normal story arcs, which was cool... There were a few purely peep type characters with no story arcs at all, that felt a bit over the top and out of place, but they are easily ignorable... All in all, I found that each story arc was unique and in some cases had their own side plots, which I feel was a nice change... There are some variations with some of the arcs, depending on choices made, so be aware... It doesn't always take itself serious, while still presenting fun story arcs... I look forward to seeing how this early in development project continues to grow... I went ahead and posted my review...

Zip
Thanks for the well thought out and detailed review, I really appreciate it. One thing you've mentioned that I've seen some others say as well is that this game is grindy.

I'm not sure what that means exactly in this context because there are no stats, cash, etc or anything to grind other than following a linear story with the girls. I'm asking in case there's something I overlooked that could make the gameplay smoother.

Reactions: quinfax and Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for the well thought out and detailed review, I really appreciate it. One thing you've mentioned that I've seen some others say as well is that this game is grindy.

I'm not sure what that means exactly in this context because there are no stats, cash, etc or anything to grind other than following a linear story with the girls. I'm asking in case there's something I overlooked that could make the gameplay smoother.
There is no money or stats to grind, but because you're using the 24 Hour - 7 Days a week - By location method of game play... That automatically adds a grind element, as not always will the hints be so direct on times and places, thereby requiring you explore the various locations during different moments to open up side events as well as story events... This will also include repeatable short events and so on... Which in essence is a form of grinding... Doing some pointless stuff and exploration to find those events and open up new content... Grinding is performing repetitive tasks for gameplay advantage, which this game has some of that... It's in no way shape or form to the extent that it might be in a VN/Game with stats and money and all that jazz... But there is some minor grinding... Let me modify my review and such to be more clear about the grind stuff I mentioned...

Zip

UPDATE - I added a bit to the review to reflect what I meant when I talked about grinding for this game... Hope that helps things sound a bit clearer...

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
There is no money or stats to grind, but because you're using the 24 Hour - 7 Days a week - By location method of game play... That automatically adds a grind element, as not always will the hints be so direct on times and places, thereby requiring you explore the various locations during different moments to open up side events as well as story events... This will also include repeatable short events and so on... Which in essence is a form of grinding... Doing some pointless stuff and exploration to find those events and open up new content... Grinding is performing repetitive tasks for gameplay advantage, which this game has some of that... It's in no way shape or form to the extent that it might be in a VN/Game with stats and money and all that jazz... But there is some minor grinding... Let me modify my review and such to be more clear about the grind stuff I mentioned...

Zip
Ah, ok I see what you're saying. The repeatable interactions are just side flavor, they do not affect the story progression. My goal by the time the game is completed is to have every location and time slot have something to see or do. The purpose behind this is to create a thriving world where the player has some eye candy or fun interactions naturally while progressing through the story via in game hints. Additionally, I think it's fun to see the story characters behavior and appearance change and reflect the story progression.

I can understand why this can feel like a grind since many time slots are still empty and it feels like you need to keep advancing time to see something new. Hopefully this will feel better as new non-story related content fills in those slots.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Reactions: quinfax and Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Ah, ok I see what you're saying. The repeatable interactions are just side flavor, they do not affect the story progression. My goal by the time the game is completed is to have every location and time slot have something to see or do. The purpose behind this is to create a thriving world where the player has some eye candy or fun interactions naturally while progressing through the story via in game hints. Additionally, I think it's fun to see the story characters behavior and appearance change and reflect the story progression.

I can understand why this can feel like a grind since many time slots are still empty and it feels like you need to keep advancing time to see something new. Hopefully this will feel better as new non-story related content fills in those slots.

Thanks so much for your feedback!
Anytime, I enjoyed my play through... My favorite story lines were the Cousin (had me laughing a lot and felt like a fun romance story - I'm a sucker for well written romance stories) and the House Wife (revenge against the sicko husband was sweet), so far... The others were fun as well, but those two were my favorites...

Zip

Reactions: Domiek

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017

Dev Talk
With most of the characters base story lines in place, next update is starting to move forward with each characters development. We now have Jenna in a dress, and she hates it.

There's still quite a lot of work to be done but I'm estimating about two weeks before the update is ready. Rather than focusing on one or two characters, I'm trying to spread development around multiple girls at once.
As of now, we have Jenna and Amy content completed with Mayan currently in development. Most of the scene lighting is reworked and converted into Octane and all development work going forward is purely story content.

There will also be new repeatable interactions around the gym so be sure to look around.

No Sophie?!
disappointed-gif-2.gif

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
This game is a nature documentary folks. We need Sir David Attenborough to narrate this story from a third party perspective while referring to the mc as "That doglike bastard". And when it comes to a certain redhead, he shall refer to her as "The redheaded stepchild". I can see this.. *in barking David Attenborough voice* "That doglike bastard is initiating a strange mating protocol with the redheaded stepchild. The redheaded stepchild is now at full mating peak and wafts her pheromones at the doglike bastard who in turn shows her his fully engorged member. The doglike bastard proceeds to... oh yea! That's the stuff! Ohhhh! Ahhh!"

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
This game is a nature documentary folks. We need Sir David Attenborough to narrate this story from a third party perspective while referring to the mc as "That doglike bastard". And when it comes to a certain redhead, he shall refer to her as "The redheaded stepchild". I can see this.. *in barking David Attenborough voice* "That doglike bastard is initiating a strange mating protocol with the redheaded stepchild. The redheaded stepchild is now at full mating peak and wafts her pheromones at the doglike bastard who in turn shows her his fully engorged member. The doglike bastard proceeds to... oh yea! That's the stuff! Ohhhh! Ahhh!"
Ah, and now time to add the Easter egg. I'll add Attenborough's face in the background during sex scenes. Perhaps peaking through a window, or looking from behind the couch.

Perhaps he's stroking his royal member, The BBC, as he documents MCs exploits.

3.90 star(s) 171 Votes