4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Win11 here, and the game boots up fine, but there is no map displayed. Instructions say select WINDOWS-->SHOW MAP and I do that, and nothing changes. Still the yellow box with text saying "This is the map";
any suggestions?

EDIT: Forgot...have to type START into the text box to start the game, before the map shows up

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
my game crushes when mc escapes after hearing the talk about fighting demons
I've never heard of a stability problem there. I can't really think of what would be causing that; in technical terms it's a pretty standard scene.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to update the engine, so stability issues creeping in with newer machines these days aren't really all that resolvable for me. I think maybe the "skip intro" start to the game would skip you over that part? Or are you already past the point that that would help?

crippeled

Jul 31, 2017
I've never heard of a stability problem there. I can't really think of what would be causing that; in technical terms it's a pretty standard scene.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to update the engine, so stability issues creeping in with newer machines these days aren't really all that resolvable for me. I think maybe the "skip intro" start to the game would skip you over that part? Or are you already past the point that that would help?
I am getting this error after choosing either running to river or mountain after the second night

1658528400786.png

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I am getting this error after choosing either running to river or mountain after the second night

View attachment 1940201
Ah, it's been a while but I do remember something. Maybe this is because of your region settings? I can't quite read it there, but if you've got the decimal indicator as a comma ( , ) rather than a period ( . ) then you can get errors in Adrift when it tries to figure out certain numerical variables. That could be the issue here. It might work if you just change that to the American/English standard version.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Jesus. This game looks complicated. Especially for someone like me, who cant read or write. At times im totally lost as to what im supposed to be doing or what the text commands are. Ive seen that huge command list on the first page, but trying to memorize it would be nigh impossible (the game claimed it would teach me those commands, damn it!).

Got 2 question here:

1. Does this game allow for... well. Sandboxing? Or am i being pushed towards a certain end? Because it would be great, if sandboxing was a possibility here.

2. Are the disgusting tentacles avoidable?

Thanks in advance.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Jesus. This game looks complicated. Especially for someone like me, who cant read or write. At times im totally lost as to what im supposed to be doing or what the text commands are. Ive seen that huge command list on the first page, but trying to memorize it would be nigh impossible (the game claimed it would teach me those commands, damn it!).

Got 2 question here:

1. Does this game allow for... well. Sandboxing? Or am i being pushed towards a certain end? Because it would be great, if sandboxing was a possibility here.

2. Are the disgusting tentacles avoidable?

Thanks in advance.
The game generally does tell you when there's an important command available. If it's not, you can try moving around with n, e, s and w. The game will explain the other stuff to you.

There's often other commands you can try - that freedom is part of the design of text based games, if they're made the way they should be. In terms of basic commands the movement controls are really the only thing you need to remember, I think, until you're in an interactive sex scene. (Then you might want to look at the command list again, or just experiment with what's possible.)

To your questions:
1. There are multiple different endings and different ways you can play along the way that affect the outcome. There is a harem ending, which is really the "true ending", but that isn't something you find on the first time through, certainly.

2. There are no mandatory tentacle scenes, I'm pretty sure. Actually, there's not even a lot of non-mandatory ones. You might see a brief scene if you fail to train the maids well enough before the Rising. (Try to unlock their interactive sex scenes, then they'll be ready!)

EDIT: Just to be clear, the game's really not about guessing what command to use - you don't need to come up with terms like "abseil down the cliff face" or something like that. The gameplay revolves around doing things like chatting, complimenting or disciplining the maids, which will pop up in the text if they're available. If you're not up to that part yet, largely all that's required is that you move around a bit.

Reactions: Monosomething

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
any one know how to run this game on linux
Probably going to be tricky, because Adrift (the engine) isn't really compatible with anything other than Windows except through other runner programs, and those don't present the multimedia properly.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
for some reason "action sequences" are repeating themselves multiple times. For example, when I enter the bedroom, Rio tells me 3 times to choose a girl. I can't enter text to choose one while she repeats her quest log. Every time I try to enter anything, the same dialog "choose a girl" appears in the logs. But that the most consistent one. Other times whole day would be replayed in the logs. For example when Hiroshi came into the house his whole introduction played 2 times. How do I fix this?

Jul 20, 2019
for some reason "action sequences" are repeating themselves multiple times. For example, when I enter the bedroom, Rio tells me 3 times to choose a girl. I can't enter text to choose one while she repeats her quest log. Every time I try to enter anything, the same dialog "choose a girl" appears in the logs. But that the most consistent one. Other times whole day would be replayed in the logs. For example when Hiroshi came into the house his whole introduction played 2 times. How do I fix this?
I feel like I know exactly what you're on about, but it's been so long since I've played that I can't quite remember how to replicate this bug. Are you by any chance clicking (especially spamming) the map to move around? IIRC, if you try to move using the map, and you run into an event somewhere before your destination, this happens. Or, it might be if you try to click on the map a second time after running into the event.

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes