GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
I have a problem when I go to the subway and load a memory of shizu flashing me her panties. Its frozen in black scrren of loading.
Do you think of change your engine to renpy or other who's more simple and stable? Because whe it crashes, whe dont have even a auto-save option to load of where whe stopped.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Do you think of change your engine to renpy or other who's more simple and stable? Because whe it crashes, whe dont have even a auto-save option to load of where whe stopped.
Changing an engine isn't an easy or simple thing; I'd have to learn a while new engine, then go through a huge amount of work rebuilding it from scratch, so it's really just not practical. I wasn't aware of the engine bugs when I started work on the game as they hadn't surfaced until the game was already progressed past that point.

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
Changing an engine isn't an easy or simple thing; I'd have to learn a while new engine, then go through a huge amount of work rebuilding it from scratch, so it's really just not practical. I wasn't aware of the engine bugs when I started work on the game as they hadn't surfaced until the game was already progressed past that point.
I know is not simple, I myself have strungling learning how to code in Java for my work and I know is not easy learning a new engine or programing language, but the several times this game crashes almost turn it unplayable. For me this is sad, because I really liked your game mate, but I just can't keep playing with the feeling that it will crash all the time.

Reactions: libertypics

Jekzue

Jun 10, 2017
Not a bad game but yea bugfixes are needed. The random crashing one isn't so bad if you save and skip back to where you crashed. However the image overlay needs to be fixed. Practically breaks the whole point of loading a save by pinning one specific picture onto the screen. Ruins the experience. This is just a guess but the problem might be in how you load the saves, it might be loading the previous picture instead of the picture of where the save is at.

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Are mouth, hand and eye stats important? Because atm I'm progressing well through the story without improving them. Am I missing out on sth?

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
well darn, game ended on 21 days, improved all stats on last 12 days so I probs missed out on a lot..

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
That was weird, I was focusing on everyone else but Emi but suddenly got the Emi-ending scene and the game restarted.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I know is not simple, I myself have strungling learning how to code in Java for my work and I know is not easy learning a new engine or programing language, but the several times this game crashes almost turn it unplayable. For me this is sad, because I really liked your game mate, but I just can't keep playing with the feeling that it will crash all the time.
Not a bad game but yea bugfixes are needed. The random crashing one isn't so bad if you save and skip back to where you crashed. However the image overlay needs to be fixed. Practically breaks the whole point of loading a save by pinning one specific picture onto the screen. Ruins the experience. This is just a guess but the problem might be in how you load the saves, it might be loading the previous picture instead of the picture of where the save is at.
Well, frankly, these are the reasons I've been saying people shouldn't play this release; I didn't put it out publicly, it was pirated, and I said beforehand that it was buggy and should not be released to the public until I've been able to fix at least the save/load problem.

Sorry if that sounds impatient, but fixing the bug will take time, and parallel to that I need to produce new content as well.

well darn, game ended on 21 days, improved all stats on last 12 days so I probs missed out on a lot..
Yes, it's a three week time limit; the goal is to manage your time carefully. Building your stats makes dating more effective.

That was weird, I was focusing on everyone else but Emi but suddenly got the Emi-ending scene and the game restarted.
So you didn't get the Emi sex scene before getting the Emi ending? That's very strange; it shouldn't work like that, as you've obviously guessed.

Reactions: Caiatris

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
I'm guessing this is after you've loaded a saved game? If so, that's the bug that I have been trying to solve, and the reason I didn't release this version publicly. I wouldn't have released it publicly if I'd had the choice, because I can't guarantee you won't run into these bugs. I don't really have a solution for it yet, because it's a problem with the engine code, not so much my own coding. I'm working with a scripter to fix it, but I can't really give a time estimate. In the meantime if that save is producing that result then it's pretty much a broken save.
The initial issue began from a clean game.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
The initial issue began from a clean game.
Sure, but from what I've seen of this bug so far it seems like the issue crops up with the loading of saves regardless of it's an old save or one you've just made.

I've seen some slight quirkiness before with images not being cleared, but I've never seen or heard of it happening in such a way that the image won't go away except when loading saves (and then, only in the most recent builds).

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I've never seen a game with this many images/videos put on this engine. I wonder if it can handle it

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Well, frankly, these are the reasons I've been saying people shouldn't play this release; I didn't put it out publicly, it was pirated, and I said beforehand that it was buggy and should not be released to the public until I've been able to fix at least the save/load problem.

Sorry if that sounds impatient, but fixing the bug will take time, and parallel to that I need to produce new content as well.

Yes, it's a three week time limit; the goal is to manage your time carefully. Building your stats makes dating more effective.

So you didn't get the Emi sex scene before getting the Emi ending? That's very strange; it shouldn't work like that, as you've obviously guessed.
I got her sex scene but it was weird because her stats were like 40/100 while the other 2 were over 100/100.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I've never seen a game with this many images/videos put on this engine. I wonder if it can handle it
I don't think that's the problem, although I can't say for sure, of course. I've done quite a lot to try to contain the memory load (extensive optimisation). I have a bit of a suspicion that the NW.js code has been updated and needs to be updated in VNM, but because the engine developers seem to have abandoned it that's not going to happen. That's just rampant speculation on my part, though.

I'm going to see whether another round of fix attempts can find workarounds for the engine problems and if not then I'll review my options, although none of them will be particularly good at that point.

I got her sex scene but it was weird because her stats were like 40/100 while the other 2 were over 100/100.
That is very strange. If you get the Emi sex scene then there's no surprise you got her ending, because that's the only requirement for the ending, but you should need to work your way through her flashbacks in order to get that. I haven't heard of anyone encountering this before.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
I don't think that's the problem, although I can't say for sure, of course. I've done quite a lot to try to contain the memory load (extensive optimisation). I have a bit of a suspicion that the NW.js code has been updated and needs to be updated in VNM, but because the engine developers seem to have abandoned it that's not going to happen. That's just rampant speculation on my part, though.

I'm going to see whether another round of fix attempts can find workarounds for the engine problems and if not then I'll review my options, although none of them will be particularly good at that point.

That is very strange. If you get the Emi sex scene then there's no surprise you got her ending, because that's the only requirement for the ending, but you should need to work your way through her flashbacks in order to get that. I haven't heard of anyone encountering this before.
I finished the flashbacks for the young girl and was about to finish with the landlady (I'm terrible at remembering names) but the game didn't end when I finished the girl, was it supposed to?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I finished the flashbacks for the young girl and was about to finish with the landlady (I'm terrible at remembering names) but the game didn't end when I finished the girl, was it supposed to?
It's supposed to end on day 21, then give you options for endings, depending on which ladies' sex scenes you've unlocked. Shizu's ending isn't finished yet, so you shouldn't get that option. Basically you're supposed to unlock the four flashbacks, then get a sex scene, then on day 21 you'll be able to get the ending with that woman. Once all the endings are unlocked the harem ending will become available, but that's obviously not done yet.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
It's supposed to end on day 21, then give you options for endings, depending on which ladies' sex scenes you've unlocked. Shizu's ending isn't finished yet, so you shouldn't get that option. Basically you're supposed to unlock the four flashbacks, then get a sex scene, then on day 21 you'll be able to get the ending with that woman. Once all the endings are unlocked the harem ending will become available, but that's obviously not done yet.
Ah, that might have been why it defaulted to Emi's. I finished Shizu first and was like 90% done with the landlady's.

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
Every save I load I get the image overlay bug, even though I saved in neutral areas like the bedroom. What's going on : (

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Every save I load I get the image overlay bug, even though I saved in neutral areas like the bedroom. What's going on : (
That bug is the reason I didn't release this version publicly - it's not stable. I can't guarantee the bug won't occur and I'm still working on a fix.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Good luck on the fix, I love the harder edged domination in this game, it's just a pity I can't reload my favorite scenes easily. i think it's probably your best game but I'd take the returned functionality over new scenes. And that's VERY hard for me to say, as this is one of the few games that hits my kinks (a voice actress said "cocksleeve", this old horndog has to be fucking crazy to refuse more!)

Reactions: BBBen
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes