LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
Playing latest github version (with latest v.1.2700 images.)
It seems like black lacy bra was changed at some point?
It doesn't show as part of black lacy set, and doesn't appear in "Check yourself"
And what does the "postponed" tag mean?
What github version are you talking about?

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
As it looks like you're needing to create everything except the 'dialogue' I would say it's more of a "remake" rather than a "conversion". But whatever the process is called the result is looking good.
I guess you're right. Luckily, a huge amount of it can be easily copied and pasted into the Renpy framework... the entire story, choices, etc. but a few things do need to be created from scratch - including the renders. The wardrobe system will be the trickiest part, unless I can find some existing code to steal use.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Messing around with a Ren'Py conversion :sneaky:
This looks fantastic! The story/choices part should be fairly straight forward in RenPy (if a little annoying with some of the scenes having some ridiculous logic). How are you going to handle each scene, will it all be individually rendered?

Reactions: Ashenthorn

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
I guess you're right. Luckily, a huge amount of it can be easily copied and pasted into the Renpy framework... the entire story, choices, etc. but a few things do need to be created from scratch - including the renders. The wardrobe system will be the trickiest part, unless I can find some existing code to steal use.
sorry
but aren't you stealing others work since the game development are still active ?

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
sorry
but aren't you stealing others work since the game development are still active ?
I mean kinda but aren't all the ren'py remakes stealing others work? They're always marked as unofficial ren'py remake. and always made by someone who hated the preferred choice of platform and made it more straight forward in ren'py. and alot of them are for currently in-development games.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
sorry
I think the license attached to the game would permit this (GPLv3), but anything derived from it would need to be released under the same license, including the source code.

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
This looks fantastic! The story/choices part should be fairly straight forward in RenPy (if a little annoying with some of the scenes having some ridiculous logic). How are you going to handle each scene, will it all be individually rendered?
Not sure how deep I'll get into it. To start with, there aren't really a huge number of scenes (meaning locations) that need different rendered (or even stock photo) backgrounds. Bedroom, school hallway, friend's house, mall, etc.
For the screenshots, I've just created sprites which can be placed over any background. The idea would be to do layered sprites (similar to your Avatar code) which is actually sort of built-in to Renpy- so pretty easy. As I said, the wardrobe/outfit system may be tricky.

For sex scenes, I'd probly just do still CGs to begin with... but that could easily be expanded to DAZ animations (though rendering them would take longer than I have the patience for. lol.)

Also, I'm much more of a fan of milfs and shemales/futas than of cheerleaders. TBH, the long cheerleader arc was starting to bore me before I got to the end of it.
I think the license attached to the game would permit this (GPLv3), but anything derived from it would need to be released under the same license, including the source code.
Yes. GPLv3 certainly allows this.

If I keep going with it, I guess I should create my own thread somewhere.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 7.08.57 AM.png

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
Messing around with a Ren'Py conversion :sneaky:

View attachment 1569124
View attachment 1569123
Might be just me, that is, not reading the pose correctly, but Miss Buxton's arms seems really short. And there's quite often weird way boobs appear in 3D clothing. She might have some belly issues too.

Might be just me again, but I've never imagined her as old slutty teacher, more like young classy, with slight controly vibe.

Boobs on main look really weird in that new screenshot too.

i do look forward to your project tho, at pace content is released for this game, you should be able to catch up in a two or three months -_-

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Might be just me, that is, not reading the pose correctly, but Miss Buxton's arms seems really short. And there's quite often weird way boobs appear in 3D clothing. She might have some belly issues too.
Nah.. Her proportions are absolutely correct. Probly just the pose.

ms b.png

Might be just me again, but I've never imagined her as old slutty teacher, more like young classy, with slight controly vibe.
As I said, I love cougars/milfs. :p

Boobs on main look really weird in that new screenshot too.

i do look forward to your project tho, at pace content is released for this game, you should be able to catch up in a two or three months -_-
Good call on MCs tits. I missed a slider.
MC Breasts A (fixed):
max breastsA.png

Reactions: ibizadalton

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Internally a Twine based story/game HTML file consist of a number of different parts, some of them being:
1. The Textual content written by the story/game Author.
2. The Programming Logic content written by the story/game Author.
3. Each of the third party JavaScript libraries that the story/game Author embedded in their project content.
4. Each of the Image & Audio assets the story/game Author included with their released builds.
5. The code specifically written by the Developer of the Story Format (eg. SugarCube, Harlowe, etc...) template file, into which the Author's meta Passage is embedded.
6. Each of the third party JavaScript libraries that the Story Format Developer included in the Story template file they created.

...and each of those parts can be Explicitly and/or Implicitly covered by their own copyright related licence.

"Twine" itself does not require an Author to use any specific licence, nor that the generated HTML file that the Author releases be licenced as "open source", that is totally left up to the Author's discretion.

So take care when assuming that the entirety of the generated HTML file is covered by the GPLv3 licence (or any other open source licence), when it may only be specific parts of that file.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
So take care when assuming that the entirety of the generated HTML file is covered by the GPLv3 licence (or any other open source licence), when it may only be specific parts of that file.
I was referring to the source available in Github, which is in various .twee files, uncompiled. That is absolutely licensed under GPLv3. This would be all Ashenthorn needs to translate it to another platform like RenPy, as it's the complete story.

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
1. The Textual content written by the story/game Author.
This is really the only thing that would be usable for me in porting to renpy, and it exists in both the source .twee and .js files as moonhead said.
In practical terms, I can copy and paste dialogue from those uncompiled source files, viewing source html in a browser, or from the running game in a browser window. Who's gonna know? :sneaky:

There IS a twine2renpy utility, but unfortunately it doesn't run on Mac, so I can't use it. It would literally cut dev time from days/weeks to minutes.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
There IS a twine2renpy utility, but unfortunately it doesn't run on Mac, so I can't use it. It would literally cut dev time from days/weeks to minutes.
Yeah, I don't think any automated tooling is going to work on PE, far too much custom and odd stuff written to handle the flow of everything. If you could convert some of the specific passages, that might be useful (like "go to hallway"), as there's a lot of dialog and logic there, but I'm also not sure on how useful any converted data would be out of that...

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Yeah, I don't think any automated tooling is going to work on PE, far too much custom and odd stuff written to handle the flow of everything. If you could convert some of the specific passages, that might be useful (like "go to hallway"), as there's a lot of dialog and logic there, but I'm also not sure on how useful any converted data would be out of that...
From what I can tell, the utilities are mostly just glorified search and replace scripts (which would be extremely helpful).

- doesn't work for Twine v2 because it relies on the v.1 ability to export a text file from Twine which I guess is not an option anymore?

Features:
  • twine2rpy converts PassageTitle to label, internalLinks to jump, <<display>> to call, <<choice>> to jump, <<set>>, <<print>>, and if blocks. It doesn't convert multiple variable assignment or multiple conditions (using ;) or ternary operators.

(PC only)

Features:
  • Converts Twine-like choices into Ren'Py menus
  • Replaces special characters and passage titles with Ren'Py safe terms
  • Add custom replacement terms
  • Use passage tags to break up into separate rpy files
  • Includes demo for writing Ren'Py games in Twine

Either of these would be HUGE time savers, even if the output needed tweaking.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
(PC only)

Features:
  • Converts Twine-like choices into Ren'Py menus
  • Replaces special characters and passage titles with Ren'Py safe terms
  • Add custom replacement terms
  • Use passage tags to break up into separate rpy files
  • Includes demo for writing Ren'Py games in Twine

Either of these would be HUGE time savers, even if the output needed tweaking.
I gave that one a try, first attempt and just got a fairly generic error -

ValueError: too many values to unpack

I tried against a single .twee file (after renaming to .html) and it didn't output anything, even though it reported the operation as successful.

I wonder if it's having some issues as it's actually SugarCube and TweeGo used for PE, not Twine2, if there are some subtle (or not so subtle) differences there.

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes