Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Its phonetic. So the way its written and the way it would be spelled are two different things.
Would be weird for us to have it spelled correct in the reversed order while she would pronounce it with the broken asian accent.
i know man - i am not dumb.

But again: asian struggle to get the "R" phonetic, as there is no such sound in their language. They tend to spell "r" as "L" and not the other way around as it's shown here.

So they phonetic sound like:
"ploblem" instead of "probrem" (just for example)

It's rather funny that the dev used the only characer ("R") asians can't spell at all in "phonetic written" text :ROFLMAO:

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021

But again: asian struggle to get the "R" phonetic, as there is no such sound in their language. They tend to spell "r" as "L" and not the other way around as it's shown here.

It's rather funny that the dev used the only characer ("R") asians can't spell at all in "phonetic written" text :ROFLMAO:
Probably because "Sakura" whose real name is Rachel isn't asian but an American orphan?
Would make more sense for her to mock the accent and mess it up than actually speak with the broken L.
Just my opinion on it.

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
Also from my understanding the R to L is not one way either. They struggle with both due to rules in their language when spoken.
It goes both ways so its interchanged as they found it easier to pronounce words that have another letter with a specific rule in conjunction.
So talking like Mr.Miyagi here is probably correct if you wanna go that deep about a fake accent really.
They wouldn't write R as L is the thing.
I really like you - would still be written like that but said as "I rearry rike you" and not as "I leally like you"

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I really like you - would still be written like that but said as "I rearry rike you" and not as "I leally like you"
that's why i used "" to show the phonetics and NOT the syntax.

Anyways - i wasn't my intention to start a huge discussion about that, as it's off-topic though

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021

Anyways - i wasn't my intention to start a huge discussion about that, as it's off-topic though
Well we kept it about a very specific character and her way of talking so its well within topic.
But I get where you are going that it might go into off-topic if it drags on into pointless semantics.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

Well we kept it about a very specific character and her way of talking so its well within topic.
But I get where you are going that it might go into off-topic if it drags on into pointless semantics.
good to see these beers are self-chilling!

I for one enjoyed your discussion, I hadn't thought of that directly - does the butchering go l to r or vice versa...... some of her lines became so arduous to read tho - I can't even imagine how a non-native speaker would do.

Is there actual story with the other denziens of the brothel? I pretty much skipped over the non-sakura non-rachel options, but towards end of game I remember there being a menu of more?

Reactions: MrTrue
Sep 12, 2020

What do you mean by Asians? In Japanese, there's actually only R and not L: "table" would be spelled "taburu", for instance, as they can't pronounce the L, but have syllabes for RA/RE/RI/RO/RU. Since Sakura is assumed to be Japanese (I guess?) then the use of R is correct. Not sure about other Asian languages, as I'm not familiar with those.

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021

I for one enjoyed your discussion, I hadn't thought of that directly - does the butchering go l to r or vice versa...... some of her lines became so arduous to read tho - I can't even imagine how a non-native speaker would do.

Is there actual story with the other denziens of the brothel? I pretty much skipped over the non-sakura non-rachel options, but towards end of game I remember there being a menu of more?
Damn right on the first. Usually good debates going on in this thread. Specially around the more mysterious uncleared stuff like RM or Skylar.
And yeah I started ignoring the way she talked too. Even the girls/guys ingame make fun of the way she speaks and just says to ignore it. My brain kinda corrects it into english as I read it anyway :LUL:

As for girls being involved with Sakuras little plan only one we have meet or run into is Thalia (Black haired chick in the cutscenes, blue shirt when you meet her during the Grace storyline)
Other than that there is only suspected involvement into the story like Charlotte seems to be aware otherwise most of the girls are just your generic tricked into/easy money scheme run of the mill type of stuff.
Then you have rich guys running about that have ties to Grace dad.
But lots of stuff is still in the dark regarding who runs the place other than Sakura.

Oh and can't forget Kira throwing herself headfirst into this entire thing :FacePalm:

Reactions: chenerba

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
well - even it's very rare common days, but there are still people who are able to have a civil content-based conversation.

There is no need to convince others to take your own opinion - if both sides know that, it will stay civil.
As soon as one part is trying to make the other change opinion, the fight starts.
A good conversation is based on facts, so that everyone should be able to reflect his opinion and MAYBE change it - if not, that's also ok as long as HE respects the other the same.

Reactions: MrTrue

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
well - even it's very rare common days, but there are still people who are able to have a civil content-based conversation.

There is no need to convince others to take your own opinion - if both sides know that, it will stay civil.
As soon as one part is trying to make the other change opinion, the fight starts.
A good conversation is based on facts, so that everyone should be able to reflect his opinion and MAYBE change it - if not, that's also ok as long as HE respects the other the same.
Oh I meant that more in a cynical sense, as in the chilling effect of offtopic overmoderation - though I do appreciate people who have civil conversations. I think the fight starts not when one part tries to change the other's opinion, but when one part STOPS trying to change the others' opinion. Caustic speech usually isn't persuasive, and once the conversation moves there neither side really cares about convincing the other but only self victories ala "REKT WITH FACTS AND LOGIC".

Unrelated, on game, I really hope he keeps going with the Evelyn PS path, I love the conversational dynamic between the fresh-faced newbie, the fashion model mother, and the industry veteran. IMO some of the strongest writing in game so far.

Reactions: chenerba

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Unrelated, on game, I really hope he keeps going with the Evelyn PS path, I love the conversational dynamic between the fresh-faced newbie, the fashion model mother, and the industry veteran. IMO some of the strongest writing in game so far.
Well - after having savegame issues, i did 2 complete fresh full-runs the last 2 days:
1.) Full corruption, all RM (incl. Sis) and Mom PS
2.) Full love, Mom FS, Sis Romance, only Quinn RM to unlock the other RM girls.

I figured out that these are 2 complete different "games" and feel also completely different. The writing is excellent, and the game deserves 2 savegames for that.

Still i hope i will never be forced again to do new saves, as you can't really "rush" or skip them because of sandbox. about 26 hours of "gameplay" is enough. I will enjoy the next updates, but for now i don't want to see anything at all about PH for the next days/weeks - lol

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Does the 'cest patch still works? How do you change "Evelyn" to "Mom"? It's been awhile since I played this and I can't remember View attachment 2634640 View attachment 2634642
she is refered as Mom in textlines - just the nametag is still Evelyn - which is a good thing as all hints and WT mod refer the content to Evelyn. You maybe can change even that tag by using urm mod in addition

sigaretek

Dec 23, 2018
Well - after having savegame issues, i did 2 complete fresh full-runs the last 2 days:
1.) Full corruption, all RM (incl. Sis) and Mom PS
2.) Full love, Mom FS, Sis Romance, only Quinn RM to unlock the other RM girls.

I figured out that these are 2 complete different "games" and feel also completely different. The writing is excellent, and the game deserves 2 savegames for that.

Still i hope i will never be forced again to do new saves, as you can't really "rush" or skip them because of sandbox. about 26 hours of "gameplay" is enough. I will enjoy the next updates, but for now i don't want to see anything at all about PH for the next days/weeks - lol
can you share your save files please?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
can you share your save files please?
Here you go.

Savegames from END of content version 0.15.3a

You might have to change Playername if you don't want to be called "Hyper".

Aside that, you also want to use Shawns Mod for WT, as i used it for these savegames.

Both savegames are also made using cheatmod to max personal stats and enough money.

So to have a 100% compatibility, you may install these 2 mods too. At least Shawns WT mod.

both games have:
- Fiona Submissive because i don't like dominatrix at all
- Jennifer Love because i hate Yandere.
- Shan-Mi max humilated ( i don't like bullies XD),
- Kira-Mom non-lesbian
- Liam-Mom no relation

other than that:

Full corruption: =>All possible RM girls, Mom PS route, Rose sharing ok
Full Love => Only Quinn in RM to unlock all other RM-Side Characters, Sis Love, Mom FS, Monica Love, Rose no sharing

Final note:
Not sure about Kira - i guess i made her "True Maiden" in both games - can't remember :p

Last edited:

sigaretek

Dec 23, 2018
Here you go.

Savegames from END of content version 0.15.3a

You might have to change Playername if you don't want to be called "Hyper".

Aside that, you also want to use Shawns Mod for WT, as i used it for these savegames.

Both savegames are also made using cheatmod to max personal stats and enough money.

So to have a 100% compatibility, you may install these 2 mods too. At least Shawns WT mod.

both games have:
- Fiona Submissive because i don't like dominatrix at all
- Jennifer Love because i hate Yandere.
- Shan-Mi max humilated ( i don't like bullies XD),
- Kira-Mom non-lesbian
- Liam-Mom no relation

other than that:

Full corruption: =>All possible RM girls, Mom PS route, Rose sharing ok
Full Love => Only Quinn in RM to unlock all other RM-Side Characters, Sis Love, Mom FS, Monica Love, Rose no sharing

Final note:
Not sure about Kira - i guess i made her "True Maiden" in both games - can't remember :p
thank you kind sir

Reactions: Hyperserver
4.20 star(s) 167 Votes