SQX

Mar 3, 2018
The BIGGEST issue with the save is how bloated it becomes after playing a few minutes. It saves everything you do.
Biggest issue is not even that, the save just didnt work after some time. I dont know what the problem but i think the file is just too big to be load.

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
Thank you, guys, for feedback. Again, I must start my first message with apologies. I've been testing save system and I really thought everything was okay with that. I do understand all the negative toward the game, because if I were you I would have said the same: "grind->grind->bug->wtf? And no way to properly save my progress?!"
It was a deliberate choice to work with Unity for it has Fungus plugin where you can build the game without any scripting. RenPy is the easiest way for developers who actually understand something about coding (real programmers will spit on my face, but it's coding, primitive, but still coding there).
I've been thinking about possible solutions of what should I do now and I've come up with this:
1. Switch to RenPy. The problem is that I'd have to learn this soft so it'd take time, a lot of time which I don't have. I gave everything to my game and unity, so taking extra time is of no option for me. Unless someone will help me with working with RenPy. Not just giving some tips how to do this and how to do that, but doing the whole work with it. I don't dare ask someone to do this work, simply I just don't have anything to pay for this hard work and I think there are hardly anyone who'd do it only because he/she is enthusiastic.
2. Reduce grind elements. So this is the most rational solution. Every kind of repetitive stuff will be reduced. For example, you need to buy a dress (100$ is 75 now), you work in Storehouse (mrn, afternoon, evn - 25$) and you'll buy it in just a day and so on. Just reimagine the game from ADV to story-driven game. That barely can compensate the lack of save system, but still it is something. I found an example of save system with slots, but this time I won't promise anything.
No matter what, I'll be working on this game and I'll finish it.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Save and load system needs to be fixed, like others mentioned game is eating more RAM than some AAA games due to saving everything, hadn't checked exact number, but my save is over 2gb. When i tried to run game again i couldn't load save, so time was wasted. I understand dev is new to the unity, but game would be better on ren'py.

I couldn't unlock lasttmonica option on the right on blackmail route no matter how many times i grinded other options. Is that option even accessible in this version? Also grinding to unlock other options needs to be reduced, as far as i remember it was ok in first version, now it's increased to repeating 5 and sometimes more times. Couldn't unlock monica's house, maybe it's reserved for love route? Regarding new girl, there was an option to offer her massage, but if you make wrong move you're locked out of that content which i hope is not dev's decision because then i don't see the point of open world game if you don't have option to repeat event to fix player mistake. And i couldn't find a way to give japanese girl phone if that is even possible in this version? For 2 other girls i only got first message, but i saw there are 3 or 4 in total.

Anyway just for the love of fap don't lock us out of content because we made mistake in choosing correct option.

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
I couldn't unlock lasttmonica option on the right on blackmail route no matter how many times i grinded other options. Is that option even accessible in this version? Also grinding to unlock other options needs to be reduced, as far as i remember it was ok in first version, now it's increased to repeating 5 and sometimes more times.
You need to buy 'Barbarian queen' outfit and give it to Monica to unlock this. Choosing new option on the right increases points you earn for blm.
ouldn't unlock monica's house, maybe it's reserved for love route?
Yep)
Anyway just for the love of fap don't lock us out of content because we made mistake in choosing correct option.
'Second chance?' Hmm, why not? But only for the love of fap!:D But still, there has to be some kind of punishment, so reducing love points will stay as it is if you fail.

rockaducka

Donor
Mar 20, 2017
@mooch1e your game is bloody awesome, and i would like to support you in the future (currently struggling with economy)

beside the save/load, the game is in pretty good shape. love the renders & story choices and pathes.
i got one question though, how much does the camera cost? cause having to pay that guy every 2 weeks is a grindfest for money & having to attend school at the same time :D

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
@mooch1e your game is bloody awesome, and i would like to support you in the future (currently struggling with economy)

beside the save/load, the game is in pretty good shape. love the renders & story choices and pathes.
i got one question though, how much does the camera cost? cause having to pay that guy every 2 weeks is a grindfest for money & having to attend school at the same time :D
Ahahaha, yeaah) I decided to postpone the answer to this question for later, when you'll meet Mr.Roberts yourself. But, hell, that's not good indeed)) I will lower this value to pay.

Reactions: rockaducka

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Thank you, guys, for feedback. Again, I must start my first message with apologies. I've been testing save system and I really thought everything was okay with that. I do understand all the negative toward the game, because if I were you I would have said the same: "grind->grind->bug->wtf? And no way to properly save my progress?!"
It was a deliberate choice to work with Unity for it has Fungus plugin where you can build the game without any scripting. RenPy is the easiest way for developers who actually understand something about coding (real programmers will spit on my face, but it's coding, primitive, but still coding there).
I've been thinking about possible solutions of what should I do now and I've come up with this:
1. Switch to RenPy. The problem is that I'd have to learn this soft so it'd take time, a lot of time which I don't have. I gave everything to my game and unity, so taking extra time is of no option for me. Unless someone will help me with working with RenPy. Not just giving some tips how to do this and how to do that, but doing the whole work with it. I don't dare ask someone to do this work, simply I just don't have anything to pay for this hard work and I think there are hardly anyone who'd do it only because he/she is enthusiastic.
2. Reduce grind elements. So this is the most rational solution. Every kind of repetitive stuff will be reduced. For example, you need to buy a dress (100$ is 75 now), you work in Storehouse (mrn, afternoon, evn - 25$) and you'll buy it in just a day and so on. Just reimagine the game from ADV to story-driven game. That barely can compensate the lack of save system, but still it is something. I found an example of save system with slots, but this time I won't promise anything.
No matter what, I'll be working on this game and I'll finish it.
I don't want to comment on point number one. If you're confident that you know what you are doing in Unity and you can get it sorted out, so be it. I have played plenty of games in Unity that have ran fine for me, so I believe it is possible.

Now point number two, I'd like to say a few things. The part I find to be grindy isn't the money, but the secondary stats. It appears to me, getting your stats to at least 25 is important if you want to get longer scenes, or better options. So before helping Lina out, or challenging Fiona to squash, I was just grinding my stats to have better options, which for me took more than two weeks in game time. Kind of boring until I started to do different story arcs. To me, this is the most unsatisfying part of the game. I think the characters and the story is interesting and has hope, and I like that the scenes are a 'do it once and then move on' approach - though a gallery in the future would be nice! It's just that if you complete a scene and you didn't have the stats to get some juicy bits, you're out of luck.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
You need to buy 'Barbarian queen' outfit and give it to Monica to unlock this. Choosing new option on the right increases points you earn for blm.

Yep)

'Second chance?' Hmm, why not? But only for the love of fap!:D But still, there has to be some kind of punishment, so reducing love points will stay as it is if you fail.
I was thinking something among the lines of big brother game, where if you didn't do massage correctly, you had chance to repeat event to do it right so you can progress further. Or better example is in this game when teaching lina, if you don't correct her mistakes, you can repeat it later untill you can progress. Having 6 options in massage scene certainly don't make it easier. So in the future updates if you don't make correct decision and don't have enough points you're permanently locked out of content with some girls? If so that sucks, especially in open world games that rely on repetition and grinding.

hotforhairy

May 7, 2017
I wish this game was made with ren'py so much easier to handle than this laggy unity.. overral great game with an interesting story and characters, gameplay is slow and grindy.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
this game needs a total over haul of the save system for me to ever consider playing this again

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Seems interesting, but without "help" (walkthrough, indicators of levels for each girl, cheat mode), I fear that the storyline could be much too slow (how can we know if it's possible to choose something else than going to school and into class ? If we do, we do just that and nothing more, and i'm pretty sure that if we don't we just get expelled : the headmistress really doesn't like MC ^^)

4.20 star(s) 167 Votes