VN Ren'Py Abandoned Phuc Mi Island [v0.3.1.1] [Arath Sin]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Raife

May 16, 2018
I'm generally trying to avoid the 'NTR' label as from my understanding of the term, it involves 'jealousy and one unwilling participant', which believe it or not it is something even I don't personally enjoy. In my mind, this is more like swinging/swapping/sharing, however I know people like to group everything under one label and I'll never be able to satisfy those people.

For the 0.2.9 update, there's 4 possibilities:

- the player sees it from her POV and chooses not to cheat
- the player sees it from her POV and chooses to cheat
- the player doesn't see it and she cheats anyways
- the player doesn't see it and she doesn't cheat

At the same time, I want it to be based on their playthrough choices, and not a simple toggle or see it? yes/no choice. That means if someone plays through wants to see it but didn't, they probably need to restart. There is a walkthrough, however I need to add the choices from the latest update. That's also why I added the score notifications and the meter, though I admit it's not always easily apparent which conditions will trigger events. Basically if you don't want her to cheat keep her score towards Erik high, and if you do, get it as low as possible.

Regarding animations, it's a mixed bag. I was playing around with them yesterday, and I have a workflow to at least render and convert them now, plus it's a lot faster with the new hardware than it was when I previously did them. But I still can't create custom animations, which means I'm stuck using the pre-made loops. I think with some lighting and camera angles they might be 'all right', I'm going to try a few in the Day 3 content and see how it goes.
I hear you about avoiding the NTR label, and I respect that; it's also true that the action in your game does not, at least not yet, meet the definition of NTR, in my view. But it's hopeless to defend that perspective in these forums... for many members, a cheating girlfriend (or even a _potentially_ cheating girlfriend) will be seen as NTR. I don't agree... but defending that line in the sand is impossible here.

I also don't agree with the way some are describing the MC as a sort of hopeless cuck figure... he can seem a bit that way, if you play him accordingly... but I don't think he is. The other guys also have fairly obvious weaknesses, which I'm sure that you will eventually highlight, but they aren't evident now (apart from arrogance, that is). You might need to give the MC a chance to really prove himself in a future episode in order to empower/win over some players.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I also don't agree with the way some are describing the MC as a sort of hopeless cuck figure... he can seem a bit that way, if you play him accordingly... but I don't think he is. The other guys also have fairly obvious weaknesses, which I'm sure that you will eventually highlight, but they aren't evident now (apart from arrogance, that is). You might need to give the MC a chance to really prove himself in a future episode in order to empower/win over some players.
How can the Mc be a hopeless cuck figure with 2 other women coming onto him?

I'd agree with that if the other girls wouldn't go near him but they both pounce on him more or less. That and the girlfriend won't cheat at all if you play it right.

He's only a helpless cuck if people choose those options.

Raife

May 16, 2018
How can the Mc be a hopeless cuck figure with 2 other women coming onto him?

I'd agree with that if the other girls wouldn't go near him but they both pounce on him more or less. That and the girlfriend won't cheat at all if you play it right.

He's only a helpless cuck if people choose those options.
I agree 100%. He's not a hopeless cuck if you don't play him that way: in fact, he's perfectly capable of retaining his own GF AND attracting the other girls. The thing that baffles me is that some people seem to mistake player agency and jeopardy for cuckery... it's as if the fact that he _can_ become a cuck in one scenario, if you choose to deliberately play him that way, makes him a cuck in _all_ scenarios. I just don't get it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I agree 100%. He's not a hopeless cuck if you don't play him that way: in fact, he's perfectly capable of retaining his own GF AND attracting the other girls. The thing that baffles me is that some people seem to mistake player agency and jeopardy for cuckery... it's as if the fact that he _can_ become a cuck in one scenario, if you choose to deliberately play him that way, makes him a cuck in _all_ scenarios. I just don't get it.
Funny thing is if they are seeing nothing but a cuck then they picked those choices, says a bit about them.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Before i play this, to get the sharing scenes do you have to be a prick to her or can you be nice and still get them?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Before i play this, to get the sharing scenes do you have to be a prick to her or can you be nice and still get them?
You can still be nice to her, you can adjust the scores by how you act to different people and by the questions on the first night.

For instance when you get off the boat and go to pick up to luggage, if you try and do it yourself you lose 1 point. You lower the MC's score without being a dick there.

Meeting Chris for the first time, if you put the luggage down to shake his hand, the MC gets a girlfriend point. If you just say hi, Chris gets the point with her.

Reactions: DanThaMan

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
You're right.

I tried (during the Erik/Alisha event) doing:
setrel(gf, bf, 5)
setrel(gf,m1,1)
setrel(gf,m2,1)
relmost(gf) was u['bf_name']

So there's a problem somewhere. Looking into it now.

For the little stats window any chance you could use numbers rather than the colored bar? It would make life a lot easier to track changes

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
For the little stats window any chance you could use numbers rather than the colored bar? It would make life a lot easier to track changes
I'd rather not no.

1620029669633.png

Currently it goes from -5 to +5, however the numbers are not important. Only thing that's important at this point is the darker color (relmost), relhigher(t1, t2) and if scores are +- or equal 0.

I should add a vertical white line at the 0 point to make it more clear. And an audible notification when the score change notification appears.

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Funny thing is if they are seeing nothing but a cuck then they picked those choices, says a bit about them.
No, I called him a cuckold for other reasons.
And the fact that he knows how to "attract women" (it is debatable what will happen next) has nothing to do with this.

For me, he is such because of the way he behaves with others and how he reacts to different situations, especially related to his girlfriend.

For example, his girlfriend as soon as she got off the boat and already rushes into hugs to another guy, kisses him and hugs him. Zero reaction.
She walks arm in arm with him half the day and whispering about something. Zero reaction.
At the table, she again throws herself into the arms of the other guy and kisses him. Zero response.
A conversation around the fire, at the mention of a threesome, Keitlin runs into the house.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's what. Instead of talking openly with the girl, he allows her to close the topic and turn everything into sex.
Etc.
I'm not even talking about how he looks and that he is a target for ridicule.
Plus, if I remember correctly, when trying to defend himself, he loses a point with a girl.

And about the fact that he seems to attract someone there.
Kim, a spoiled girl with a dominant character.
To "get her attention" you need to be a completely spineless worm, and behave like an obedient dog.

Alisha is a wife abandoned by her husband, offended and seeking revenge.
As for me, she's just looking for a way to get revenge and feel loved again, and that's where the first person comes in.
But since there is no particular choice in men ...

Roughly speaking, he is not a hunter, he is the target of the hunt.

I don't understand at all, how did he get to meet a girl like Keitlin? How did he attract her?
I'll quote Kim here after she found out they got engaged: "Why?"

I understand that by making such a spineless character, the author wants to justify Keitlin's betrayal.
(After an unforgettable night with Chris, she was scared of her inner whore, and made a rash decision to get engaged to Eric. Now she regrets it, and wonders if she was mistaken. She pulled Eric to this island to test her feelings, and perhaps feel again what she felt that night with Chris)

I really like the game, and I am not asking to change and rewrite Eric completely, because I have no right and that would be stupid.

I just ask you to give him some lines in the future, where he will finally be able to drive adequately to the situation, stand up for himself and not look like a complete idiot in scenes where the player has no control.

Sorry for my English

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
No, I called him a cuckold for other reasons.
And the fact that he knows how to "attract women" (it is debatable what will happen next) has nothing to do with this.

For me, he is such because of the way he behaves with others and how he reacts to different situations, especially related to his girlfriend.

For example, his girlfriend as soon as she got off the boat and already rushes into hugs to another guy, kisses him and hugs him. Zero reaction.
She walks arm in arm with him half the day and whispering about something. Zero reaction.
At the table, she again throws herself into the arms of the other guy and kisses him. Zero response.
A conversation around the fire, at the mention of a threesome, Keitlin runs into the house.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's what. Instead of talking openly with the girl, he allows her to close the topic and turn everything into sex.
Etc.
I'm not even talking about how he looks and that he is a target for ridicule.
Plus, if I remember correctly, when trying to defend himself, he loses a point with a girl.
All the events you describe are player choices however, and are explicitly intended to create enough of a rift to justify him (or her) fooling around with someone else on the second day of their vacation.

Katie giving Chris a big hug on the docks is the result of a player choice and is meant to put you down the "she had a sexual relationship with Chris in the past that Erik doesn't know about" path. Zero reaction? If she hugs him on the dock, you're shown hints of their previous relationship later on after dinner, which only happens if she hugged him on the docks.

If there isn't enough of a rift, then how far he's willing to go with Kim/Alisha on day 2 changes, and the same with her.

And which part of his looks are the subject of ridicule? The part that he's an average guy with a white collar job and an average sized dick (6 inches), versus the trust fund kid with the sculpted body, or the street-raised basketball scholarship Marcus? Why wouldn't he be able to land Katie; she's a slightly thicc college grad who hasn't found a job yet from a middle class upbringing. I don't remember anyone making fun of him, unless you're referring to Marcus' prank which was more of a jab at Alisha than the new guy.

Each 'day', i basically need to have enough player choices to alter each of the 6 scores up or down, so 12 player choices. Each of those choices adjusts a score that not only affects the immediate dialogue, but also future events. Scores you (the player) affected on day 1 might mean the difference down the road of Katie suggesting a 3 some with Erik/Marcus, or Erik suggesting a 3 some with her and Kim for example.

Last edited:

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Nice renders! Copy paste level are low. Something visually fresh.

It's odd novel with such a good renders and positive environment having such a few patreons. :(

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
All the events you describe are player choices however, and are explicitly intended to create enough of a rift to justify him (or her) fooling around with someone else on the second day of their vacation.

Katie giving Chris a big hug on the docks is the result of a player choice and is meant to put you down the "she had a sexual relationship with Chris in the past that Erik doesn't know about" path. Zero reaction? If she hugs him on the dock, you're shown hints of their previous relationship later on after dinner, which only happens if she hugged him on the docks.

If there isn't enough of a rift, then how far he's willing to go with Kim/Alisha on day 2 changes, and the same with her.
By "reaction", I meant that the character does not react at all to the fact that his girlfriend is constantly hugging, kissing and walking with other guys. He just stands and looks.
This not normal. At least for me.
And which part of his looks are the subject of ridicule? The part that he's an average guy with a white collar job and an average sized dick (6 inches), versus the trust fund kid with the sculpted body, or the street-raised basketball scholarship Marcus? Why wouldn't he be able to land Katie; she's a slightly thicc college grad who hasn't found a job yet from a middle class upbringing. I don't remember anyone making fun of him, unless you're referring to Marcus' prank which was more of a jab at Alisha than the new guy.
This is a story about sex and everything connected with it.
I am not interested in who has what education, who works where, etc.
Only physical attractiveness, sex skills and the ability to keep oneself in the company.

In this regard, the comparison is completely not in Eric's favor.

I can't understand what Katie found in him.
Moreover, after the stunning sex with Chris (and Marcus?) that she still can't forget.
Each 'day', i basically need to have enough player choices to alter each of the 6 scores up or down, so 12 player choices. Each of those choices adjusts a score that not only affects the immediate dialogue, but also future events. Scores you (the player) affected on day 1 might mean the difference down the road of Katie suggesting a 3 some with Erik/Marcus, or Erik suggesting a 3 some with her and Kim for example.
As I wrote before,
I like cheating/swinging/sharing;
I like the game;
I like the way the mechanics of the relationship are thought out;
I love Katie's scenes with Marcus and Chris;
I perfectly understand the motivation of the characters (most of the characters), and why they are the way they are;

The only thing I don't like about such games is the lack of full control over the main character and things that clearly resemble humiliation.

I have no right to demand anything.
Regardless of whether you change something or not, I will still play the game because I like it.
I've already decided that here I am only interested in Кaitlin and her scenes.

I will not provoke an argument. Therefore, I will not return to Eric's topic anymore.

JLConradie

Nov 17, 2019
To the def... I really like your game. Renders are good and the story is worth watching and reading.
I just want to tell all the people (I'm really sick of it) like
Def..... You keep it up.. GOOD GAME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Speaking of unren, anyone found the console commands or do they even exist? Particularly for relationship score controls.

I know they're not particularly meaningful stats right now, but knowing how mess with them for when they are would be cool.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes