VN Ren'Py Abandoned Phuc Mi Island [v0.3.1.1] [Arath Sin]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Raife

May 16, 2018
Hi Hobo Bob,

I think it's clear from the game description and the posts I've made so far, this game is not for that crowd. If you're looking for a harem game where an unattached guy goes on vacation and bangs all the females present, maybe try something else.
Stick with your vision, Arath, and don't be too bothered about appealing to absolutely everyone. There are plenty of Gary Stu games on this site, like WVM, for those who prefer a risk-free harem experience (deadly dull, in my view).

I like the fact that you have developed a good range of distinct personalities in your characters, with different attitudes to sex, guilt and shame. The girls, in particular, have appealing and unappealing aspects to their personalities -- and I like that you haven't depicted them in dumb, two-dimensional ways (saint/slut). This gives you a chance to achieve real erotic tension, both in the relationship between the MC and the girls, and between the girls and the other guys. You could achieve a degree of erotic risk even in situations where your girlfriend remains true to you, if the MC chooses to make a move on one of the other girls.

Please also don't be put off by complaints that the MC is some sort of hopeless beta/omega just because he doesn't have huge muscles and a horse cock. I like the realism. Deploying a bit of empathy and decency goes a long way in real life, especially when the competition consists of flawed/dumb pseudo alphas.

So stick with your vision -- I tossed a buck your way via Patreon, and am happy to boost my support if you keep plugging away.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
First of all, I want to say that this is not a complaint, but my personal thoughts on the first episode.

In every game, the first playthrough, I try to assume the role of the main character and make those decisions that I make in real life (no matter whether they are good or bad). But in this game, it was especially uncomfortable.

The main character, by default - cuck. And I'm not talking about his looks. I don't care if he's alpha or not. Does he have a harem or not.

I am talking about the fact that I have no choice in reaction to what is happening around me.
Jokes about him, the attitude of others. His wife openly hugs, kisses, and flirts with another man, and that man does the same to her.
And no reaction at all. Not a word, even to the detriment of the relationship.

Also, I went through the first episode, and I still did not understand how these two got together. How, with such personality, he even got such a wife? There is nothing in common between them.

And, I have no idea how he will get into the panties of two other girls.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
1 of them is trying to split them up and will probably be more than happy to fuck him if it means his other half finding out and leaving him.

The main character, by default - cuck. And I'm not talking about his looks. I don't care if he's alpha or not. Does he have a harem or not.
He deff doesn't have a harem, that isn't quite what the game is about. Sure he may get laid but he isn't going to walk away with all the girls I don't think.

As for the cuck comment, pretty accurate. There is a very, very strong hint that she's already cheated on him. During the drinking game a threesome was mentioned and she got up and walked away. If asked about it her inner monologue says she hopes Chris stays quiet for the next 2 weeks which I think means she had a threesome with her best friend and that Chris behind her mans back.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting game, I hope you'll show the wife cheating scenes (I like the cheating kink) from the narrator PoV (so to not be forced to the male MC PoV only).
Good luck ;)

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
- MC and his girlfriend stay true to each other
- MC ends up with one of the other available beauties
- MC's girlfriend ends up with one of the other men (or both)
render looks great!
but i wish there will be harem and forever alone route also :coffee:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
He deff doesn't have a harem, that isn't quite what the game is about. Sure he may get laid but he isn't going to walk away with all the girls I don't think.
Sorry for the bad English, this is not my native language.
I meant that I do not care how he looks, if he is alpha and whether he has a harem.

What makes him a cuck is his actions (or rather their absence) and how he reacts to what is happening in his relationship.

Yes, this is just the first episode, it is too early to judge, and it is possible that everything will change, but for some reason I doubt it.

As for the cuck comment, pretty accurate. There is a very, very strong hint that she's already cheated on him
Personally, I think it happened before the wedding. At least I'm counting on it.
It would be very foolish of her to drag her husband to the place where her lover will be.

Reactions: dark.knight48

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
Sorry for the bad English, this is not my native language.
I meant that I do not care how he looks, if he is alpha and whether he has a harem.

What makes him a cuck is his actions (or rather their absence) and how he reacts to what is happening in his relationship.

Yes, this is just the first episode, it is too early to judge, and it is possible that everything will change, but for some reason I doubt it.

Personally, I think it happened before the wedding. At least I'm counting on it.
It would be very foolish of her to drag her husband to the place where her lover will be.
i agree he is the sterotype cuck at the moment. i hoped for a more manly guy. and they are not married yet, just engaged. alisha and marcus are the married couple.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i agree he is the sterotype cuck at the moment. i hoped for a more manly guy.
The game is pretty much about him getting cucked, what would be the point of a manly guy?

He isn't going to get a harem, chances are it's going to be damn hard for him to get laid by the other girls and all the other guys are going to be going for his fiance and more than likely succeed.

Hints she's already cheated and she overly flirty with other men.

• Angry
Reactions: Tunak23

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
I am talking about the fact that I have no choice in reaction to what is happening around me.
Jokes about him, the attitude of others. His wife openly hugs, kisses, and flirts with another man, and that man does the same to her.
And no reaction at all. Not a word, even to the detriment of the relationship.

Also, I went through the first episode, and I still did not understand how these two got together. How, with such personality, he even got such a wife? There is nothing in common between them.

You're not wrong, but at the same time, this is like screaming at the movie "don't go in that dark room are you an idiot? why are you asking if you should split up and search the haunted house or stay together? you _always_ stick together".

Things will happen purely for entertainment value, and I'll try to make it fun, funny, and a little bit sexy, but yes, you're going to have to play make believe along with me.

It's not a dating sim, I want to make a game where everyone is getting laid. Some people won't be happy unless I made them brother and sister and would still call it NTR, shrug.

I'm trying for a _bit_ of realism. Alisha for example, staring at her tits in the shower won't win you any points, but apologizing and covering your eyes will. She's stuck in a shitty marriage with a husband who doesn't respect her.

Kim on the other hand is a dominating spoiled brat, and if you go that route it's going to be the opposite, you'll have a chance to try and resist her which will only egg her on further.

Marcus is a womanizer, and Chris has a past with Kaitlin that Erik doesn't know about. It's my first writing project since grade school (30+ years ago) so if you're expecting Gone With The Wind... I don't know what to tell you other than "frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

My goals were to make something more relationship driven than TAC (which I enjoyed) and with decent renders/dialogue. I'm not 100% happy with all of it so far, but I think I'm on the right track.

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
Harem really doesn't fit this kind of game.
kaitlin 3s with marcus & chris. mc femdomed by kim and alisha fall in love with cuck mc. happy ending :coffee:
Alisha for example, staring at her tits in the shower won't win you any points, but apologizing and covering your eyes will. She's stuck in a shitty marriage with a husband who doesn't respect her.

Kim on the other hand is a dominating spoiled brat, and if you go that route it's going to be the opposite, you'll have a chance to try and resist her which will only egg her on further.

Marcus is a womanizer, and Chris has a past with Kaitlin that Erik doesn't know about.
damn, MC is real cuck. cant even hope for an orgy with that kind of character :HideThePain:
Some people won't be happy unless I made them brother and sister and would still call it NTR, shrug
let players made the incest patch with option to avoid NTR for that :KEK:

Raife

May 16, 2018
It's my first writing project since grade school (30+ years ago) so if you're expecting Gone With The Wind... I don't know what to tell you other than "frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

My goals were to make something more relationship driven than TAC (which I enjoyed) and with decent renders/dialogue. I'm not 100% happy with all of it so far, but I think I'm on the right track.
You're beating yourself up too much. Yes, the main character is cuck-able, but he's not a certain cuck. Kaitlin might have gotten drunk and had a threesome at some point with her dodgy best friend and Chris... but we don't know for sure whether or not that was while she was in a relationship, or not. She might have been tricked into it... or not.

The point is that there's a lot of ambiguity and uncertainty here -- and that's good, not bad, because it leaves room for player agency. The MC can man up a bit, show his best qualities and firmly win Kaitlin over (and/or the other girls) or not. He can ditch Kaitlin for another, or not. He can straight up get cucked... or not. It's up to the player... that's _good and suspenseful_ and means that _choices matter_.

I think _Our Red String_ is an even better model for you, in this respect, than TAC. The TAC relationship between the MC and his wife is so unusually open that even cheating or getting cucked doesn't really feel too meaningful. It would in your game, since you are building stronger, more realistic relationships -- which makes the stakes higher.

What's funny is that the male MC in ORS is often referred to in these forums as a beta/cuck... even though he can be extremely strong and easily win fights if necessary. It's as if the possibility that he might get cucked, if he makes the wrong choices, makes him a cuck... which I don't understand. He's just a normal guy, not a Gary Stu.

I say stick with your vision, aim for ambiguity, and you'll make something interesting and true. Or at least, true to yourself.

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
I think _Our Red String_ is an even better model for you, in this respect, than TAC. The TAC relationship between the MC and his wife is so unusually open that even cheating or getting cucked doesn't really feel too meaningful. It would in your game, since you are building stronger, more realistic relationships -- which makes the stakes higher.

What's funny is that the male MC in ORS is often referred to in these forums as a beta/cuck... even though he can be extremely strong and easily win fights if necessary. It's as if the possibility that he might get cucked, if he makes the wrong choices, makes him a cuck... which I don't understand. He's just a normal guy, not a Gary Stu.
I never got into ORS, though I might have to take another look. Same dev as GGGB right? Yup, GGGB was another awesome game I have hours upon hours clocked in.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Thank you for your answer.

My main questions were - will they give me more control over the character, and will they allow me to take him out of the miserable state in which he is now?
Since it is very difficult to take on the role of a character who does not evoke any emotions other than pity.

I understand that the answer is no.
Thanks, but this game is not for me.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your project.
Don't try to please everyone, every story has its own audience.

Raife

May 16, 2018
I never got into ORS, though I might have to take another look. Same dev as GGGB right? Yup, GGGB was another awesome game I have hours upon hours clocked in.
Yeah, same Dev as GGGB. ORS might be more apposite as a model because you switch regularly between the male and female MCs -- you can actually cuck yourself, if you wish, or absolutely prevent it.

That game is Byzantine, though, and might have too many characters, which prevents the Dev from delving too deeply into particular characters/relationships. Your smaller group might make things more intimate and meaningful, if you can manage things correctly and preserve the player's agency. Try to resist adding more than one or two more significant characters, at most.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes