VN Ren'Py Abandoned Phuc Mi Island [v0.3.1.1] [Arath Sin]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
on the thread of your old game you said that this game get fem and male protag, on the first day you made only choices for the male. does it stay male protagonist only now?

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
on the thread of your old game you said that this game get fem and male protag, on the first day you made only choices for the male. does it stay male protagonist only now?
Choices will be made by the fem protag when events occur where the male protag is not present.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Choices will be made by the fem protag when events occur where the male protag is not present.
Wait do we as the player make choices for the fem protag or do we only see the results of the choices made by the male protag?

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Looks cool. I'll check it out!

Are you planning to have content where the male and female MCs are able to fool around, share, and swap with other couples in a poly atmosphere? Or is it all just one on one? I'd love to have the choice to include those kinds of things!

Reactions: Kalkuv

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Roughing it without modern conveniences sound great in theory...
Until it runs into the harsh reality of humid tropical nights and mosquitos.

zephrates

May 12, 2017
This appears geared pretty heavily toward cheating/NTR. If that's your thing, more power to you, but it's not for me. I see that NTR is avoidable, but I don't see a harem option. I like to have my cake and eat it, too. :)

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
So I've just finished it (played it twice) and well, my 1st thought after reaching the island was: is there a shovel there I can use to bury corpses of other characters (minus Alisha, she seems ok, but why is she even dating Marcus?). I'm not into Kaitlin at all and tbh I don't really consider her as "my" gf so I don't really care if she will hook up with Chris or Markus, on the contrary, I wish she'd go to them instead of finishing the night with the MC. Unfortunately it seems it'll be a long time until we'll be able to break up with her and I don't know if I'm willing to wait. The sooner will we be able to leave her the better if you ask me.

But the game does look good, there's already a good amount of choices and diverging paths, it seem that if someone is really into NTR, sharing, cheating, etc. will have a good time.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
iRay (1/95 for most shots, 2/98 for closeups) + Nvidia AI denoiser, converted to lossless webp. My 3090 arrived yesterday, so when the Day 1 update comes out you'll be able to see the point from where I switched from trying to cleverly use camera angles to limit the number of characters per scene, to 'fuck it, let's do an entire group shot'.
Nice, I bought a 3090 a couple months ago to finish my new PC because I couldn't find a 3080 that wasn't being scalped at higher prices than what I paid for the 3090. Been thinking about trying my hand at using Daz again.

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
If your girlfriends score towards you stays above zero, you will bypass *all* of the girlfriend cheating events, although you're only playing half the game at that point so I'm hoping the majority of people who will play the game won't play that way or all the time I spent writing and rendering will be for naught.
Thank you for being clear and upfront with where you are going to take this project.
The artwork is fantastic, but I think that I will pass.

My personal tastes don't include sharing/hotwife/swing/ntr/etc. In addition, I am a big fan of story content and it seems like I will only be playing half the game/story by not going these routes.

As a constructive comment;
I don't think it likely that the "non /sharing/ntr/cuck/swing/whatever/ crowd" will be willing or happy to explore those routes (accidentally or otherwise). As such, I would suggest that you consider some form of avoidance mechanic beyond a 'behind the scenes' formulaic +/- variable.

A 'disable' button at the beginning would give players choice regarding if they want to be sure and lockout those options or take the 'risk' and explore without locking out. While you may personally not see the need and want to encourage exploration and natural development of a story, the reality is that it will cost you a chunk of players by forcing them to 'take that risk'.

In any case.

Best of luck with your game.

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
I don't think it likely that the "non /sharing/ntr/cuck/swing/whatever/ crowd" will be willing or happy to explore those routes (accidentally or otherwise). As such, I would suggest that you consider some form of avoidance mechanic beyond a 'behind the scenes' formulaic +/- variable.
Hi Hobo Bob,

I think it's clear from the game description and the posts I've made so far, this game is not for that crowd. If you're looking for a harem game where an unattached guy goes on vacation and bangs all the females present, maybe try something else.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
As a constructive comment;
I don't think it likely that the "non /sharing/ntr/cuck/swing/whatever/ crowd" will be willing or happy to explore those routes (accidentally or otherwise).
As a constructive retort .... it's not aimed at them.

tg

May 1, 2017
I'm playing through, and I like the way the scenes are composed and written. But, I came across a scene that needs some attention.

On day 1, if you choose to spy on katie and kim, before going to join the others, the first thing you're presented with is Marcus pointing his finger and apologizing for some prank or some such.

That doesn't make sense. It only makes sense if you didn't spy, and you got the beer to spy on Marcus' wife.

So... I know how these paths join, and what I'm saying is... is that that pointing scene doesn't make sense with one of the paths. Just doesn't. So, maybe you need to alter it or put another intro for when Erik goes over to join them?

Just saying. You don't need to change it, but I found it odd to see it play out that way. I'm still playing, so I might have some other observations to make once I play further.

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
I'm playing through, and I like the way the scenes are composed and written. But, I came across a scene that needs some attention.

On day 1, if you choose to spy on katie and kim, before going to join the others, the first thing you're presented with is Marcus pointing his finger and apologizing for some prank or some such.

That doesn't make sense. It only makes sense if you didn't spy, and you got the beer to spy on Marcus' wife.

So... I know how these paths join, and what I'm saying is... is that that pointing scene doesn't make sense with one of the paths. Just doesn't. So, maybe you need to alter it or put another intro for when Erik goes over to join them?

Just saying. You don't need to change it, but I found it odd to see it play out that way. I'm still playing, so I might have some other observations to make once I play further.
Great catch! Just fixed it, it will be in the next update.

I've also added visual indicators when a choice affects a score, and I'll try to work in a status page or something along those lines.

Reactions: pochops

tg

May 1, 2017
Yeah, I like this game. Interesting characters, good vibe. I like cheating stories, so I don't mind the direction and the depiction of inner thoughts the people have. A history of involvement that might reignite.

And, I can see paths leading to this or that girl. I don't see myself as Erik. He's just a guy playing the loser, so I don't expect him to do all that much. But, that's the kind of story I like. I like that the girls are pretty promiscuous, and that boyfriend can be either average or worse than that. And if the player wants to, they can give Erik some action. If not, then it opens the story up to more, better adventures.

I look forward to seeing how things go. I think it's an interesting story.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes