VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Picture Perfect [v1.0] [SuperWriter]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Fredd<

This game is really good, and I expect it to get great, according to that what dev already presented here.

The ladies are really well rendered, hot looking and dev grants the decision about their relationship to the player, so YOU can decide whether kinky or not to play with the ladies.

The novel is nicely written and all characters have a believable background story, relatable motivations and a good connection towards the MC that doesn’t give headache.

To whom I recommend this: Everyone who wants more than just a “Ready set go”-fuckparade.

To whom I really do not recommend this: Except if you choose the incest path, this game is pretty vanilla with a little harem, so in case you are looking for more: Look somewhere else.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Tarkash

So this is a game that got recommended to me by GG.

DLed it and fired it up only to stumble in a rather generic and bland setting.
    A generic Dude lives with three generic girls and things will happen. Mmkay.
    Normally I'd close the game at this point and delete it again. But it has something that makes it special:
    The Story is very amusing, the lines, those characters throw at each other are fun and the characters are well executed.
    So I kept on reading and boy am I glad I did.

Onwards to details!

The Cast:

MC - The 40-year-old, strangely overfit Dude with a horsecock.
    Seriously? I am a woman and such things... are far from enjoyable. So for the next game, try to tune it down to realism, rather than sodomism.
    Besides that, it's not the model, which looks okayish facewise, but the Inside that shines brilliantly.
    A loving and doting Father, that was left by his wife and the mother of the three girls, so he had to shoulder all responsibilities alone.
    He is a photographer not being too well off. So it is kept to a believable amount for a decent house, paying the bills as best as he can.
    But, as it is with kids, bills keep piling up and financial trouble is on the horizon. Will he manage to overcome it? Or will they lose the house etc?
    So we get mixed in some rather normal day problems, which I appreciated.
    Bst thing about MC is, he is a grown-up.
    We don't get the typical horndog trying to peek and lust after his girls at every fucking corner. He is thoughtful, sometimes might have urges, but, as a professional psych, a lot of Dads do If there is no wife. The difference is, how they handle those.

Paris - The typical easy to fuck householdwhore, aight?
    WRONG!
    In the beginning, she is wonderfully displayed as exactly that. Her sister hates her, accuses her of whoring around like a succubus, and for all the player cares, it seems as if she does.
    It was even so well executed, that I snorted when she said she was still a virgin and thought "Yeah... right."
    But there is fucking more to her and I loved it!
    A sweet, delicate personality of a girl, struggling to cope with the sudden loss of her mother as the oldest of the kids. Trying to replace her, slowly but surely falling deeper and deeper into the clutches of an Elektra-Syndrome!
    Her personality, as far as we saw it so far, gets explained within all reasonable parameters and I'm completely satisfied with it.
    Did I enjoy her as a good source for funny banter? Yes.
    The reveal and scene afterward though made her really grow on me to deeply love this girl.
    Her model is... okay...ish. Way too big tits, the face is kind of cringy but okay.

Sasha - Oooh Sash. The firecracker in the household. She has some serious issues, that keep your mind busy all the time. Why is she so angry, what happened between her and Paris that she seemingly hates her so much?
    Okay. The solution was kind of anti-climatic, yet relatable. I guess the problem here is the order. You should have spared the big reveal with Paris for AFTER her reunion with Sash. Because in the light of that, Sashs motives for being the way she acted so far rather paled.
    Yes, it is natural for that misinterpreted situation, that caused it, besides with the deep feeling of betrayal from her mother, to come to hate her Sister, but that feeling should have subsided with the next liaison of Sash.
    It was really good, that you mixed the mother issue in the problem or otherwise I would have had to call you out on rather flawed reasoning now. Glad you did what you did, which made the bathroom scene all the more enjoyable.
    Modelwise I enjoyed her the most, despite not being into all that Ink on her. Her body seemed to be the most natural one, as I hate oversized "horndog male Fanservice" Melons. Keep it natural and enjoy the immersion. And her face is really enjoyable.

Miracle - Oof that name... But as my brain started calling her sweety pie anyways soon after a few scenes with her, I stopped rolling my eyes xD
    A sweet, innocent, and down to the core naive little angel.
    Sometimes to the point of cringing, which I enjoyed. There are such character types out there. rare but yet still existent. And you pictured her very well.
    Especially if I take into account that it all stems from her being a shut-in with anxiety and fear of loss problems, caused by the abandonment from her mother.
    The scenes with her are enjoyable, we get tons of D'aaawwww moments with her and the way she comes across lewd stuff is very well fabricated to be believable. The panty scene made me raise an eyebrow at first but when she explained, later on, I had to laugh and could only say "Fits the bill..."
    Modelwise she is okay up to good. Only her very weird canines rubbed me wrong. she practically looks like a vampire xD So maybe fiddle around with the model a bit to tone those teeth down or crack a few jokes about them. A slight contradiction was that she is rather tanned, despite being cooped up in the house all the time more or less.

Sabrina - The slightly more mature innocent second angel.
    To be honest, she confused me for quite some time. Okay, she seems to has no father and bein an only-child but... For that, she is displaying some heavy daddy issues with all that pressing to get into the group with MC and the three girls.
    That aside...
    Fuck! That's cuteness overload having scenes with her and Miracle together! Although she is on the bit more mature side of innocent, she still is so bonedry diplomatic and honest, that it sometimes hurt. In a good way.
    Didn't take my thought long to get accustomed to her being part of the family. As player. not MC.
    Although her taste is... special. One crazy camping trip I'd say xD
    A slight downside on her is this tearyness and insecurity. It conflicts a bit with her cheerfulness. And some of the points, where tears started to roll, it felt kinda unnatural to me. So I hope those insecurities will get a proper background for her or she might very well be the only not relatable girl in the game, backgroundwise.
    Her Model is cute, nice realistic tits, firm body, etc.

The Story:

40-year-old photographer meet girl, fucks girls senseless, she pops him out three girls and makes a run for unknown reasons.
    Nothing great to be honest. But these things happen so... why not?
    It is relatable, that he does, what he has to and raises the girls. Doing his best to dote on them, provide proper education, and fulfilling their dreams.
    But as the kids grow, so do the bills. College fees and other stuff adds up and the situation gets worse. At our point, we have some financial problems, which the girls don't know off but will find out eventually.
    As we progress opportunities arise to get closer to the girls.
    We get shocked a bit by our innocent little angel, have our thoughts about the rather flirty relationship our oldest one keeps with us and wonder, why we only have what feels like a real friendship with our middle one, who behaves like an ogre sometimes.
    Lots of funny moments, interesting banter, and hints whats going on under the surface accompany our path to either getting a relationship with one of our daughters, Sabrina, or none of it.
    Seems like I'm a Harem-Queen, as I didn't go for it but ended with the harem route anyways xD
    so... yeah.

Mechanics:

Oh, wonderful world. No Cellphonebullshit, annoying minigames, and search yourself dumb what to do next. An enjoyable and good read-only suspended over Choices.
    Those aren't much and not really... big. It's either do the right thing and act like a grown-up adult or not.
    What I loved on those though is, that you sometimes have to choose the rather dicklike where you wouldn't expect it.
    Or the gentleman one, where you say "Nah... she's fine on her own".
    Still no major game-changers there and not consequences down the road except the usual "make her love me/make her hate me".

Renders:
    In my book, the renders are of good enough quality to love them. They aren't ugly (well... maybe Paris strange face but whatever) and sharp enough to be enjoyable. So I can't relate to some other reviews calling them blurry and whatnot. On the other hand, I didn't rub my nose on the screen either to search for missing details. *shrugs*
    One mishap I found: Cyan font on white background sometimes. Noooot easy to read. So a point for improvement here.

Language:

The lines were understandable, jokes relatable and I liked it.

Soooo, the final score, eh?

Renders: 3/5
    Characters: 4.5/5 <- -0.5 cause of Bri.
    Storyline: 5/5
    Language: 5/5

Total: 4.5/5

Comes around a 4.5 but as I can't give it, I round it up to 5 Stars.
    Flesh out the background for Sabrina and those last 0.5 are well earned for me.

If you have questions, lemme know via PN or DC.

Nice and enjoyable work!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

alex13_zen

What a pleasant surprise this game was for me! It quickly won me over with the high quality renders and really beautiful girls. Their personalities are well done, they are very different to each other and also seem pretty convincing and real.
    The grammar is also really good, I think I read the dev is a also a writer so that explains it. I also like the font size and color which may not seem important but it makes the whole experience better.
    The pace of the VN is slow to moderate which makes sense since it's an incest story so you need to build up the attraction. There are rather few sex scenes, but it's one of the very few instances where I wasn't bothered. The reason is that although the story isn't objectively interesting (it's a slice of life), I was nonetheless interested because you get to care about all the characters and want them to triumph in their relatable struggles.
    As negatives I'll first mention a drop in the image quality at one point, not sure what the reason was. Also the MC has an almost horse cock, I'll never understand the fascination with that since the game is supposed to be played by straight men who are interested in women bodies. At least the breasts are realistically sized, ranging from small to big depending on the character.
    I definitely recommend this VN to everyone and would gladly buy it if it ever were on Steam. Just do yourselves a favor and don't rush through it, it would be a shame and you wouldn't enjoy it since it's not meant for a quick release.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Really enjoying the game, Char's are well written and rendered, each one the personality comes off very well. Played through the story in one sitting and am waiting for more. Has some very cute fatherly moments if you play with the patch. Will watch and support!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

JohnHypePlayer

A pretty solid novel to start with, however I feel that each chapters is a little short and wanted to see a little more out of them

Characters a nicely designed and the MC is need of a good shave .

The only flaw I find with the game is the point system. Sure the dev(s) wants us to go down a particular path, however this novel has the possibility to open so many others & with that point system, it restricts the basic paths other than that, yeah pretty solid build.

Would highly recommend this novel & it's play time 4/5
  6. 2.00 star(s)

polycentric

[Review based on 'Chapter 7']

Short version: a poorly-assembled cringe-fest that I couldn't finish.

Slightly longer version:
    I might be in the minority but I found this unplayable for three main reasons:
    - Stilted, groan-worthy dialog. Humans don't simply don't talk this way and this prevented me from developing any investment in the characters.
    - Ridiculous scenarios. Every situation is simultaneously poached from other games, focusing on some very cliched tropes, and utterly silly.
    - Assembly issues: I noticed, after just minutes of play, that there are several occasions where a shot (image) flashes on the screen for a moment during a scene transition and then disappears with no amount of scrolling bringing the image back.

I understand that taste vary, and things that make me wince in embarrassment might make others laugh, but I don't understand how this VN could be released with obvious, fixable script problems. These barely-visible images seem, in at least a couple of cases, to provide useful information and it's a shame that we can't see (and advance through) these images correctly.

Should you play this?
    I can't answer this question properly because I stopped playing it, but I would suggest that people that like good stories and well-written characters should give this a pass and find something a little less annoying to do with their "fun time".
  7. 5.00 star(s)

darth_hiruma

Great game. A plot is cliche but I love it. The pacing is slow at first but now it's faster. The render is nice but sadly no animation yet. What I love about this game is character. All girls are lovable and have different personalities except Miracle and Sabrina which got similar personality. All girls got issues and it fit with the story.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

Neither super nor perfect

The good
    • Decent renders, but lacking attention to detail (at times characters aren't directly looking at the MC, but above him - or Paris' hair constantly defying the rules of gravity).
    • Proper English

The so-so
    • Girls are okay, but I didn't really feel attracted to any of them (Sasha is quite nice, but I'm so not into tattoos).
    • Voice acting - not bad, but not that good either (and yes, you can disable it). VA - as long as it's not really well made - only takes me out of immersion, so in most cases just a waste of resources.
    • Light-hearted, humorous, smartass-y dialogue (which you either like or quickly get annoyed with).

The improvable
    • MC looks like a smug fashion model.
    • MC’s face always seems to show the same bland and emotionless expression.
    • Monotonous music, which quickly got on my nerves.
    • Implausible characters which at times don't act like real people (let alone a dad and his daughters).
    • The story is super cheesy / cringy / nonsensical (only a few minutes in and one of the MC's daughters already lets him sniff her panties).
    • Lack of choices (we can decide to stare at Paris' "melons", but later have no choice but to stare at Miracle's crotch. Another time we are asked to advise Paris buying underwear, but then the MC decides without us having a say in it).
    • Text box with subpar readability (light blue font on light dark backdrop)
    • VA slider doesn't work as intended in the current version.

Like so many other incest-themed VNs Picture Perfect fails to tell a plausible story and quickly turns into a cringefest.
    I get why people may like it - probably because of the girls and the light-hearted tone.
    I thought it was rather dull and quit right after one of the MC's daughters told him to jerk off (still on the first day of the story, mind you!).
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Kartmaster

Out of all of the games/stories I follow on F95 this is becoming one of my favourites, Love all of the characters in it, the girls look great and IMO are not overdone and the story is progressing really well, I don't normally go for voiced games but this one is done really well and the voices used are very good and match the characters well. I don't even mind the current lack of animations and understand that they will be added in the very near future. I can't think of a single reason why not to recommend it to everyone that is into this sort of thing. I can only see this getting better and better and can't wait for the updates to come.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

jldhx

It is the first time that I felt compelled to rate a game. Congratulations to SuperWriter for creating a great story with very nice graphics. I am looking forward to the next chapters and exiting updates.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Condemned77

Honestly a great little game and i say little not because of its size(which is good) but because the story is not the usual over the top high stakes(mind control everyone or die in 5 days) type thing we are used to and its actually quite refreshing.

It does have some flaws like the points system which i dont think suites this style of game, given the growth of the charaters it means if you want to change your mind and pursue someone you have not been interested in you have to restart and pick all their choices, also if the points system continues maybe instead of saying "you missed a scene because you didnt have enough points" go with "no thanks not after earlier" to keep the game flowing, but these are minor things compaired with how good the game is.

The story is great, not over the top but just family life with its normal struggles(and incest of course), the writing is well done, so well that its really hard to say no to the girls and its very nice to have a normal MC, not some sex obsessed moron but instead a real dad strugging with everyday life.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A few things need to be tidied up a little for example redoing a scene before the model was changed and adding the animated scenes(not needed in my opinion) but other than that it runs very well, no crashes or lag.

So overall a great game i highly recommend.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

muschi123

The girls and the renders are nice, but the writing has to be the most absurd stuff I´ve read in a long time.
    The story is so random and the characters just dont make sense, there is no logic to it and the h scenes just come up and everyone is just so naive its not even funny.
    So unless you absolutely like one of the girls in the preview pics dont bother.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

KoGa3

Update May 30, 2020:
    In the meantime version 7 was released, with now integrated music and some animations. Therefore my upgrade now to 5 points.

Old Review :

Good game so far with a well written story (based on a novel from the dev himself), likeable characters, funny dialogs and really cute girls. Technically the game is ok with mostly good renders and hot looking girls. No animations and music/sound so far (music is allready announced, animations are also planned). Some decicions in the game, but mostly only good/bad choices (not really branches) - but that's ok with me.

Outstanding moments for me: Paris confessing her love to the MC + telling that to Sarah (shit, I had even tears in my eyes...)

Summary for my rating to version Ch.7:

Excellent:
    – Storytelling
    – Characters
    – Models (maybe I'm in the minority here, but my favorite so far is Paris)

Good:
    – Story (ok, it's a "landlord with tenats" story...but well made)
    – Humor in the game
    – Amount of gameplay
    – Sex scenes (only still images, but really hot)

Neutral:
    – Choices
    – Graphics/Render: mostly good with some flaws:
    (e.g. grass passes through bodies, the head of Sabrina is sometimes to pale - looks like patched up for me)

rather bad:
    – No music and audio (for this game version)
    – No animations (for this game version)

All in all this adds up to 4 points at the moment, but with future music (and maybe some minor corrections to some graphics) it will definitely add up to 5 points then.

Finally I would like to say:
    I really enjoyed playing it and now I'm waiting eagerly for the next update!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Ali ibn Hassan

Hey Super(duper)writer !
    I really almost cannot find words enough to praise this spectacle!
    All the gals would fit in my dreams 'cept SASHA whose mere smile melts me to lard.
    Struggling dad fights to keep house from the grasps of bankers and trying to keep his family of four in line when suddenly ….
    Of course it's a standard dad molests his kin but its sooo good you yearn for more.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Evil B. Monkey

The renders are high quality. It's weird though that a 20-year-old unemployed actress is covered in high-quality tattoos for both financial reasons as well as suitability for various roles. Also, Paris looks strange to me, particularly when she smiles. And there's a change of models for a minor character which I didn't really understand and isn't a huge deal, but I'm not sure why he didn't just redo the small handful of renders she was in before that. Everything else is good. There are no animations, but that's not the dealbreaker for me it seems to be for some others on this site. Better no animations than bad ones.

The prose is generally good (which is high praise from me). Some phrasings are strange such as "upper age" instead of something like "advanced age." Still, most adult western VNs have dry, boring prose even when it's not confusing, so this is definitely a cut above.

The humor is good but the writer has a tendency to explain the joke. For example, the line, "anyone else have a landlord with a giant dick that could probably destroy Japan?" is amusing in context and 95% of readers will get it. Explaining it in the next line kills it though. Better to let a few people miss the joke. This happens again later when one of the girls turns a line the protagonist said earlier back on him, only to remind the reader in the next line that he said it earlier. Yeah, I was there twenty minutes ago when that happened.

Paris is annoying at first, but that's largely because of the spineless protagonist. If he were willing to verbally spar with her and come down hard when she's out of line with Sasha, Paris would be less irritating. She does grow as a character more later.

I'm so tired of these wussy main characters. I don't want an adult male protagonist who gets floored by one punch from a 115 pound girl when he's sneaking up on her and expecting to be punched. At least the writer lampshades it by having her note he's a pussy, but maybe just not have him be such a pussy in the first place? That's the worst of it, but the guy never stands up for himself and rarely for the girls. Those few times he asserts himself in the tiniest way, he accomplishes nothing.

Speaking of the 115 pound girl fighter, she later drops a guy in headgear who is "twice <her> size" with one punch, and not even with wraps or gloves. So I guess it's not so much that the MC is a huge pussy (though he is) as she's some kind of once-in-10-generations freak of nature or cyborg or something. Whatever the case, my suspension of disbelief shattered in this scene. I could buy her snapping off leg kicks until he gave up or even catching him with a knee when he shot for a takedown, but not this. She'd still be a Mary Sue, but at least it would be plausible. Better would be for her to get in some good shots but ultimately be overcome by his size and strength advantage (and his headgear and gloves). Weight and gender divisions exist in combat sports for good reason. At a minimum, make him about her size. He doesn't actually look that much bigger in the render, but I'm going off of the text.

The VN has choices, but they are almost exclusively a good choice vs. a bad choice rather than actual options. I wish VNs would stop doing this as it makes me feel I have to use a walkthrough or mod and doesn't add anything. I'd prefer it was kinetic if the choices are pointless.

I'm cautiously hopeful for this project if the writer can fix some of these flaws, which are mostly minor text revisions plus maybe two-ish renders. For me, making the MC more assertive and nerfing Sasha's one-punch knockdown would bring this to a 5-star VN. Not explaining the jokes would help too. I'm assuming the financial troubles plus the photography stuff will grow to become the primary conflict. If this (or some other conflict) can be done well, I think this VN has the potential to be one of the best out there.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

nomadjc

So far, this game has good characters and a good story. The English translation is well done thus far. I was hoping that there would be more content in this version, but i guess it is still early on. I will watch this game for updates but so far i really like it
  17. 5.00 star(s)

frozted

Characters are some of my favorite so far. For a new game, this I am already quite invested in each of them. Miracle especially, but also Sasha and Paris in their own ways also. I definitely recommend giving this game a try.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

KingC93

A great game with amazing models and a simple but good story. Not a lot of content yet but good enough for how long it is (version 4) and what content is there is very good. I especially love Miracle.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of (V.04) is:

Pros
    :
    + Great Graphics
    + No Grinding
    + Hot Scenes
    + Long Update
    + Nice Story
    Cons:
    - No Animations

Conclusion:
    Love the Game,no grinding game play (Thats Important for me) and the Story is hot with the three girls and there friend.
    The closeups are very nice also, and the story is being told very nice and this also shows the Devs fun in writing it,no fast slap down on the text.
    There is no animation in the Game,but with all the closeups and the nice story behind the game I really dont miss the animation.

My Advisory:
    Gave it four Stars because of the Sex scenes and story that are Great...
    Worth the Download
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Only4You

Doing this review because this game has only 8 of them and the average is 4/5, which is misleading. It certainly is one of the better F/D games I've played and it actually has a story. And the fact that it is based on one of the erotic novels by the author is reassuring; because it means that the author has a more/less complete plan about the future direction of the story.

I don't like comparing artists to each other but from the two games I've played, SuperWriter certainly seems to be one of the better writers working on Adult VNs. He has a humorous writing style, but still can be serious when it needs to be - compared to writers like PTOLEMY, who have a much more darker/mature theme and trying to be as realistic as possible. This works out well for him because the story feels more lighthearted and enjoyable. And occasionally you'll get erotic scenarios out of the blue - which are amusing and sexy at the same time.

It's a bit early to say how the story's gonna be, but the dialogs are crisp and witty - which makes the game enjoyable. As for the characters, I can vouch for one of the girls - Sasha, she seems like a real badass. She certainly doesn't look like she needs her father's help or pampering. It's a refreshing take on the father-daughter relationship in an Adult VN (as far as I know), most other games are depicting fathers spoiling their daughters, which, although not unrealistic, is too much mainstream.

I see a lot of potential in this game, and I wanted to let you guys know as well - hence this review. Also, I wish my best to SuperWriter - Adult VNs certainly need more good writers like him.