Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Which LoK are you guys talking about btw? The 0.8 version? (the abandoned one?) Or the one that's 1.0.1 right now?

Edit: Ok nvm, I just read the 2nd most recent review on the newest LoK:R game and wow, there's some history there.

Last edited:

arimouse

Mar 11, 2018
But you guys will need to wait for that, because I'll follow this development approach...:

...instead of fooling myself into thinking I can implement multiple angles from the start.
Be still my beating heart. It's almost as if somebody understands software development. :D

Massive congrats on the game and the great turnout!!!

DedL0l

May 24, 2020
welp, i was one frame away from initiating a out-of-bounds glitch. damnit.

bugs aside, I like this Diner Dash style game

LoliFlan

Jan 13, 2018
It's the opposite.

Because LOK Rebirth died, this exists.
that's what i meant. All the devs had to do was continue to do what they were doing instead of changing the project 3 times in a row. Now this game cannibalized the one i liked, and there's another project to wait half a year for a couple of bugfixes. The dev said they'll update it every month but that's a big fat lie. They already showed they can't be trusted with dates. It's sad to see a game i liked died because of something like that

• Sad
Reactions: KiroHz and poiman

LoliFlan

Jan 13, 2018
THIS game didn't canibalized anything.

Just to be clear: LOK Rebirth was unilaterally abandoned by my ex-partner, Kuja, who thought it would be a good idea to scrape a successful project that many people liked, including you, to make an AAA KOTOR RPG with some sex. And they're still trying after two years.

He got rid of me, kept the five-figure Patreon, the Discord server with 15K people in it, and hired mercenaries to replace the multiple roles I fulfilled (coder, animator, writer, sound "engineer", etc).

Now, I read your post, and I don't know if you're suggesting that event means the same story is going to happen with my game. I'd like to understand you've chosen poor words and are actually referring to THEM.

Because I'm just a guy that got backstabbed and is trying to get from the ground up.
i know that LOK:R wasn't a single person project and that it was plagued by lack of project integrity. I'm not aware of any personal drama that came out of it, since i'm not a type of person that goes in deep whenever they like something. I've heard, however, that it wasn't nice. Hearing about that game's dev group being unable to come to terms on their project is no less sad than seeing a new one while the old one rots in abandonware with a "fuck you if you download it" plastered on it. I can tell you everything i remember that i didn't like about how it was handled from a perspective of an internet parasite that uses this site and doesn't even know how patreon really works, but i doubt anything i say could be of any use in both game's cases, whenever because devs don't want to listen or because a random post on this site doesn't have the reach.

What i meant, and i guess i didn't really describe it at all, is that this project looks similar as heck to the LOK:R, and i've burned myself on it very deeply. An intro release doesn't yet "light any warning signs for me", so to speak, but i like being wrong about stuff i like. I would like to be wrong particularily about the frequency of updates to this project, because LOK was the worst shit ever that didn't deserve what it got, in this category alone. This site is 100% games that get made, gain attention due to idea or quality, and then never get finished. It's quite infuriating and i lost my ability to believe in dev's direct words, especially if they have a patreon. An effect of this particular industry's musty corner's corruption.

I guess, what you should take away from all of this is that a random person on the internet liked what you did in Lok:R enough to get mad on behalf of seeing Lok:R dev killing the first and making another that looks and feels very similar.

LoliFlan

Jan 13, 2018
So... in a nutshell:

- You admit you don't know what happened.
- You see, two years later, a thread of a guy saying he was the creator of the first LOK Rebirth.
- You feel entitled to call that guy a "big fat liar" before he has the chance to prove you wrong.

Awesome.
I said i've heard enough to know it was a shitshow i didn't want to be a part of, and my apprehension is well-deserved. I also said i want to be wrong, but it seems i'm barking at the wrong tree. Good luck with it tho. This project looks dope, and it has ideas that i'm very fond of. Would be nice to see it work out

vor1993

Dec 12, 2019
how do you save this game ?

and how do you action things im now in the bathroom free to move around but forgot the controls because i went to bed?

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
I have spare drinks on the plate but I can't put them back, nor throw them away and the shift won't end.

EDIT: oh never mind, I could select them on the plate and then interact with the trash can...

jireir

May 26, 2018
I have to say - I have a feeling that this pizza place where Jenny just started working isn't exactly just a normal pizza place. I wonder if Kayla wasn't on point with her comment about the SM dungeon.

Reactions: Pede rasta 1
Feb 22, 2018
I have to say - I have a feeling that this pizza place where Jenny just started working isn't exactly just a normal pizza place. I wonder if Kayla wasn't on point with her comment about the SM dungeon.
It's just your imagination. I wouldn't worry about it.

vor1993

Dec 12, 2019
Save/Load will be implemented in v0.2 next month. For an intro, it wasn't necessary and it's complex enough that would delay the game release.

I don't quite understand your question, but you can move around with WASD or arrow keys. Interactions are always with left mouse click.
thanks for the reply

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Really promising intro. Adore the art style, I always appreciate games that don't use the always-the-same-looking honey select / koikatsu characters. I have really high hopes for a KaylaXJenny relationship. Full lesbian-only would be a dream, but that's obviously not gonna happen.

Furytales

Sep 17, 2020
Small question: the art looks good and promising… any chance in the future you’ll make the possibility for a Krystal adaptation of the game ?

Feb 22, 2018
Regarding the main story arch, how "things" progress, and how features get unlock, I expect it to be linear to maintain my sanity.

That said, for the side storylines and relationships with NPCs, decisions and "love meters" will matter, yes.

Think of the approach Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 took (?), regarding their endings.
Mass Effect 2? So we can expect a pizza suicide mission?

Dec 9, 2018
PC got problems...
Kinda fixed....
What did i miss...
Deltarune chapter 2... ok....
Abelius released the start of the new game... FUCK YEAH!

Will need to try it later

4.00 star(s) 95 Votes