Votes: 446 14.1%
  • Tom

Votes: 287 9.0%
  • Any or all of the above

Votes: 1,111 35.0%

• Total voters

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Her not taking him is the catalyst that kicks off the whole game.
For months and months...
Lisa = 'Wanna go with?'
Tim - 'No'
Lisa = 'Wanna go with?'
Tim - 'No'
Eventually, she stopped asking - and Tim was fine with that, until he realized that they had moved on without him.

Tim blames Tom, because Tom is now much closer to Lisa. Tom blames Tim because he sees it as Tim abandoning Lisa (and him) in her time of need (Lisa's had been all but abandoned by her husband, who is most likely cheating on her). Lisa finally realized how messed up things were between her and Tim when she assumed he would be ok with Tim staying home all day on their birthday. In her defense, why would she assume he would want to go with them when for months, he consistently said no to doing anything with them. When she tried to talk to Tim, he shut her down, and so she chose to ignore the problem instead of dealing with it.
Is any of this shown in the game? No. All that is shown in the game is Tim had asked her to take him to that school fair. She had promised to do so. But lied and went off with Tom to the Mall. Besides if Tom and Lisa had been acting all that time like they were in the beginning of the game. Why would Tim want to go along and watch them playing kissy face like boyfriend and girlfriend instead of Mom and Son. And be the 3rd wheel?
But now I see who the favorite Son is. The favorite was picked before the game even began.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Is any of this shown in the game? No. All that is shown in the game is Tim had asked her to take him to that school fair. She had promised to do so. But lied and went off with Tom to the Mall. Besides if Tom and Lisa had been acting all that time like they were in the beginning of the game. Why would Tim want to go along and watch them playing kissy face like boyfriend and girlfriend instead of Mom and Son. And be the 3rd wheel?
But now I see who the favorite Son is. The favorite was picked before the game even began.
Tim choosing to stay in his room for months is brought up several times and shown in the flashback. As for Lisa and Tom's relationship, it has been evolving over months - since the flashback scene where Tom sees that his mom is lonely and desires attention. The backseat incident was the first time they 'stepped over the line', at least in Lisa's eyes, and the player gets to choose how big a step that is.

Reactions: Hadgar

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Tim choosing to stay in his room for months is brought up several times and shown in the flashback. As for Lisa and Tom's relationship, it has been evolving over months - since the flashback scene where Tom sees that his mom is lonely and desires attention. The backseat incident was the first time they 'stepped over the line', at least in Lisa's eyes, and the player gets to choose how big a step that is.
I for one, totally get that. As an author, every story has a beginning and an ending, and the difference between either of those being happy or sad often depends on at which points you choose to start and stop the story. Even movies use this format.

This story starts out at a point where things appear to be very much not in Tim's favor.

Bill and Ted's story starts off at a point where things look mighty grim for that duo as well. They are about to fail history and flunk out of school and Ted will be sent to a military academy... but, as Bill points out, only if they fail. Then we get to go with them on a most excelent adventure, and in the end, they come out most triumphant. :ROFLMAO:

I expect that in the end, clowns234 will also take us on a most excelent adventure of his own telling.

Keep up the awesome work clowns234 I'm sure it will rock! (Air Guitar rif)

Reactions: clowns234
Feb 21, 2022
Now, I don't think it's something that would fit in the current game, but what are the chances of Tim and Tom hooking up in a spin off/side project?
(M/M fan here)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If you don't want to wait three weeks to see the newest scene, it is linked on my SS, if you have subscribed to a paid tier.
Also, cleaned up some code and added a 'Portuguese' dialog option, by request.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ph4r40h

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Can you tell me which file contains the characters' dialogues?
Up until this last update, they are in the image folders. But with the next update, they will be in their language folder. 'says.jpg'
If you are looking to translate the dialog, let me know. I will add the translations into the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dufy and D Dog

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
As if remade from Unity, nothing is clear) Or am I behind on RenPy updates)
My dialog is in separate files. This allows me to use somewhat canned code and since I write the dialog in a text editor, I can import it directly into my game.

Reactions: Dufy
2.60 star(s) 25 Votes