Tutorial Others Playing On Linux - Tutorials, Tools And Help

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So nwjs can't parse ASCII special character for "/"? So the dev named their png file with ASCII character in it? Or was the slash in a path replaced by a ASCII special character in the process of nwjs parsing of rpgmvp files? Tho why would nwjs parser translate slashes in a path into fucking ASCII when it can't parse it in the first place..
The problem seems to be in the plugin file "05_Extend_Title.js" which is used to call the image.

var _0x5872=['_configButton','_galleryButton','getBitmapPath','title/button_new','eventDisableClick','setupNewGame','_scene','fadeOutAll','playSeClick','playOk','title/button_continue','snapForBackground','getDuration','title/button_config','title/button_gallery','_flugGallery','goto','menu_back','gageBase','prototype','initialize','call','create','createBackground','createForeground','createButtonset','_backSprite1','loadTitle1','title1Name','addChild','_gameTitleSprite','width','_buttonSet','drawGameTitle','height','gameTitle','bitmap','outlineColor','black','fontSize','drawText','center','anchor','start','playTitleMusic','startFadeIn','fadeSpeed','update','isBusy','terminate','apply','constructor','createButtons','_list','_newButton','push','_continueButton']

Edit: Removing "title/" in the plugin file and moving the images to "img/pictures" fix the loading error message but a new issue pops up. So, literally the entire game is fucked due to the special character "/"!
Screenshot from 2021-10-14 19-19-12.png

Last edited:

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
Edit: Removing "title/" in the plugin file and moving the images to "img/pictures" fix the loading error message but a new issue pops up. So, literally the entire game is fucked due to the special character "/"!
View attachment 1452682
try finding every instance of this kind of naming kerfuffle and change them all to something more sensible.
shouldn't be too difficult to grep for the files and sed as needed (or awk if that's your preference.)

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
did a hacky fix for it. what now?
e: wow i'm doing this in the dumbest possible way just because it's the first thing i thought of and i already started and i don't want to stop half way through. gg me

Last edited:

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
share it pls
i'm going to have to disappoint you.
i don't have enough patience even if he game wasn't an absolute nightmare to test.
i have no idea if what i've done so far will keep up working much further throughout the game.
i'll share it, in the hopes that someone will want to see the lazy crud i've added to try patching up this dumpsterfire of a game
and follow up by actually un-flusterclucking the root cause (the main problem being the horrible plugins, the rest seems to be garden variety rpgm garbage)
i'll have something uploaded soon

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
yamipleb, burningcel, pazkero

I contacted user kin-kun in his thread the other day, if he would know what might cause the issue with the special character "/" in "Do you have AKIRA points". So, apparently, the game seems to use a JavaScript obfuscation tool, but he was able to come up with a simple solution to fix the issue.

You guys can checkout his solution in his thread here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-repackaged-games.79700/post-6774830
very nice!
i'll make sure to update my compressed version with kin-kun's patch

Reactions: cold_arctus
May 8, 2020
any one know how to fix this?
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

also can't get the rpgm game to run using the local host or the html file it give me a a bug has occured "graphics.isfontloaded@file"

May 8, 2020
Do you play the game with NW.js or with RPGM?
Anyway, you probably have played games with conflicting versions of the executables. Did you read here?
https://f95zone.to/threads/nw-js-profile-error-is-driving-me-insane.96482/
I'll give it a try thank you
I have downloaded both the nw.js files before and the rpgmaker package. I can run rpgwolf games np and most rpgm game's i can run with the .html or local host
it's the house chores game I'm trying to run and it says bug has occured

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.
This message is not important, maybe annoying, but you can ignore it. All it says is: that one of the games you played before use a newer version than the game you try to play now.
In short: RPG Maker MV v1.62 use nw.js v0.29. Latest available version of nw.js is v0.57.1 ( ).
also can't get the rpgm game to run using the local host or the html file it give me a a bug has occured "graphics.isfontloaded@file"
it's the house chores game I'm trying to run and it says bug has occured
You have to show us the error message only then we can help you fix the game.

May 8, 2020
This message is not important, maybe annoying, but you can ignore it. All it says is: that one of the games you played before use a newer version than the game you try to play now.
In short: RPG Maker MV v1.62 use nw.js v0.29. Latest available version of nw.js is v0.57.1 ( ).

You have to show us the error message only then we can help you fix the game.
sorry for the late reply. running on the local host buggymcbug.png

fasefive

Apr 27, 2019
Hey guys,
I cant get the latest version of Third Crisis to work..

Error that appears is "failed to load mono"

its got some "mono bleeding edge" in the game folder I guess its not using wine mono?

tried a new prefix, dif. wine versions etc

old version works and other unity games work so not sure..

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
Hey guys,
I cant get the latest version of Third Crisis to work..

Error that appears is "failed to load mono"

its got some "mono bleeding edge" in the game folder I guess its not using wine mono?

tried a new prefix, dif. wine versions etc

old version works and other unity games work so not sure..
running wine-staging 6.19 with wine-mono 6.4.0 and it runs fine for me
what's your latest software version you tried?

edit:
the game is buggy as hell though. missing textures, broken maps, scripting errors leading to crashes.. not a pretty sight.
probably best to just rip the assets and pretend it's a themed art collection :LOL:

Last edited:

Hyuuga_Neji

Jan 15, 2020
Hi guys,

Did someone converted to Linux the game House Chores ?? It's a visual novel made in 2dcg with nice art but only for Windows and Android so...

First I tried with NWJ_Linux_install script but the script began to erase folders and files (as it does) but then it keeps like this forever:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second I tried Glassix_Linux_Install.sh script but not even delete anything because....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So here I am... asking if anyone of you had a suscesfull convertion of this game please help this stupid cuban linux user to play ;)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes