3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Dammit. I didn't notice the multiple protagonist tag.
I'm really not a fan of multiple protagonists in the same setting, as it kinda breaks the immersion for me; what with the conflicting/competing relationships and stuff. I tend to lean more towards games/VN's where the MC is essentially the only cock on the block (i.e. the women are potentially all his for the taking).
Given that we start out as Steve, I took him as my avatar (bear in mind that at this time I viewed him as the sole protagonist). Chloe was instantly my favourite, but then something seemed to be developing between her and the new guy, which annoyed me, as I (Steve/the MC) wanted her. I then came here and searched "Chloe" to find out what was going on and only then did I find out, to my disappointment, that I (Steve) don't get to have her and that there is a second protagonist (the new guy) that does.

I'd advise adding a public service announcement at the start of the VN that informs people that there are multiple protagonists (in the same setting/environment) and their genders. Perhaps add a confirmation button so that it can't be accidentally skipped too. Then you will have done all that you possibly can to avoid the unfortunate situation of people going into it without realising that there are multiple protagonists.

Since, as I mentioned, this isn't really to my taste, I'll be bowing out now; but good luck.
Well, at least the game has separate LIs for each protagonist. The problem is that there will be enough people that if the LI they like is not with the MC (the first protagonist) they will feel frustrated. I'm not a big fan of having several protagonists, but, as I say, in this case it's not as bad as in others.

I have already explained several times what I prefer to be able to do with the second protagonist (Daniel) and his LIs, and I think that at this point it would be redundant to put it back.

Mar 11, 2019
Dammit. I didn't notice the multiple protagonist tag.
I'm really not a fan of multiple protagonists in the same setting, as it kinda breaks the immersion for me; what with the conflicting/competing relationships and stuff. I tend to lean more towards games/VN's where the MC is essentially the only cock on the block (i.e. the women are potentially all his for the taking).
Given that we start out as Steve, I took him as my avatar (bear in mind that at this time I viewed him as the sole protagonist). Chloe was instantly my favourite, but then something seemed to be developing between her and the new guy, which annoyed me, as I (Steve/the MC) wanted her. I then came here and searched "Chloe" to find out what was going on and only then did I find out, to my disappointment, that I (Steve) don't get to have her and that there is a second protagonist (the new guy) that does.

I'd advise adding a public service announcement at the start of the VN that informs people that there are multiple protagonists (in the same setting/environment) and their genders. Perhaps add a confirmation button so that it can't be accidentally skipped too. Then you will have done all that you possibly can to avoid the unfortunate situation of people going into it without realising that there are multiple protagonists.

Since, as I mentioned, this isn't really to my taste, I'll be bowing out now; but good luck.
i remembered this game the moment i saw it and i loved it, and i also noticed something with the new guy...and the walkthrough was telling me to basically help him get the girls i wanted as the first MC...and it didn't sit right with me...i was like why am i being allowed to cock block myself...and i thought the multiple MC thing was gonna be his Sister not another dude .-.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
v0.5.1-MusicUpdate
MusicUpdate.jpg

Changelog:
v0.5.1-MusicUpdate does what it says, it adds music
  • adds 29 new Music-Tracks to the game
It includes a unique soundtrack for each Route inside the Game (JennyRom, JennyDom, Marie, Lena and Izzy)

Reactions: najm and sn3p

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I already compressed this release from 1GB down to 180 mb, so I don't think any third party is going to bother with getting rid of the least 20 mb. It's pretty much compressed already
Did you experience any loss of compression quality?
I still haven't downloaded the latest update.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Did you experience any loss of compression quality?
I still haven't downloaded the latest update.
To be honest, I'm not an expert in compression but I converted the .png format to .webp with a 95% compression rate, so technically there is a certain loss of quality. But the general consenses in the dev forum is that as long as you stay aboth the 90% mark you shouldn't see the difference unless of course you zoom in very close. 180 mb is very missleading for a game that has about 5-8 hours of playtime. If you haven't plaied day five yet, it's very worth your time. The production quility went way up and it's a big release (added 21.000 words of story)

zeggdar

Jul 19, 2021
Changelog:
v0.5.1-MusicUpdate does what it says, it adds music
  • adds 29 new Music-Tracks to the game
It includes a unique soundtrack for each Route inside the Game (JennyRom, JennyDom, Marie, Lena and Izzy)

Playing With Fire v0.5.1-MusicUpdate:
Pc:

Mac:

• Hey there
Reactions: HighbornTiger

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Playing With Fire v0.6:

v060_announcement.jpg

Changelog:

v0.6.0 adds day six of the story
  • ~ 11.000 words
  • 220+ new Renders
  • 15 Animations
  • ~ 1.5 hours of playtime
(3 weeks early access phase)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: najm and sn3p

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Playing with Fire [v0.6.0]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Playing with Fire [v0.6.0]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

of Playing with Fire [v0.4.1]

di un fan Playing with Fire [v0.4.1]

of Playing with Fire [v0.3.2]

di un fan Playing with Fire [v0.3.2]

of Playing with Fire [v0.1.1]

di un fan Playing with Fire [v0.1.1]

NEW UPDATE Italian translation

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Until day 5 I'm liking the game (removing the last scene of Marie, I'm not a fan of that fetish and I skipped it). Let's see how is day 6.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
This game looks interesting but yeah, as others have mentioned the multiple male protags really throws it off for me. I would much rather have 2 different games share the same world then have to play 2 different guys in one story. Having friends is great, watching friends fuck is.... a kink I do not have. lol.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
This game looks interesting but yeah, as others have mentioned the multiple male protags really throws it off for me. I would much rather have 2 different games share the same world then have to play 2 different guys in one story. Having friends is great, watching friends fuck is.... a kink I do not have. lol.
i have to agree. one of my issues is introducing a girl like chloe into this game and not letting us have her. and as a result making me hate the other male protag.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
One of my issues is introducing a girl like chloe into this game and not letting us have her. and as a result making me hate the other male protag.
100% this.
Normal stories its okay to have other characters with their own romantic interests but its quite another to introduce a potential love interest, get people intrigued, and then have to find out oh, she's for the other guy... it just breeds contempt for Daniel.
Best to separate the story/limit the other characters until its their time to shine with their man.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes