3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

DatRacoon

Dec 1, 2020
My two cents about the multiple protagonist.

I think that it would be better to finish the game with steve's story plus some kind of satisfying ending.
Then make a spin-of game with daniel, even if it all happens during the same week.
Why?...

First : it will make you have a completed game under your belt which is always a good thing patreon wise (people being more trusting).
Second : you will avoid "alienating" part of your audience.

It will always be better having two high rated games than just having one with middling reviews.
To be honest, i really think you're doing a good job even if i would prefer having a second week where steve steals all of daniel's LIs ;) , but it's rather niche so i don't expect anything like that.

Anyways , that's just a suggestion. As i said i really like your game.
Good luck.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
NakkiMuki There is no NTR in the Game. It's a game that will have multiple Protagonists. The only mistake I made with this game was to not mentione future Tags in my first post and that's because it's my first game. Thank you for your input, though. I'll keep it in mind for my next game.

Reactions: NakkiMuki

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
DatRacoon I'm not against the idea of putting Daniel's week into a second Game. There is one cool thing from an authors perspective that's holding me back but idk, that's an issue for future me :D

Reactions: DatRacoon

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
NakkiMuki There is no NTR in the Game. It's a game that will have multiple Protagonists. The only mistake I made with this game was to not mentione future Tags in my first post and that's because it's my first game. Thank you for your input, though. I'll keep it in mind for my next game.
So, that means, two protoganists have seperate different love interests with seperate harems and there is no chance of stealing or shared by one another their harems?

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
Multi protags are fine if it fits in the narrative, it serves the overall storyline and doesnt shit on what came before. Switching halfway through just because doesnt seem to serve any purpose though (other than to piss off a lot of people).
Would advise to make a spinoff in that case.

Reactions: HighbornTiger

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
So, that means, two protoganists have seperate different love interests with seperate harems and there is no chance of stealing or shared by one another their harems?
Steve:
Jenny, Marie, Lena and Izzy
Daniel:
Chloe, Julia, Dr. Carter, Ms. Greenwell and maybe a one night stand with Sandy

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
This game is right on the edge of being really good. My only suggestion is if you are not going to use animations (which is totally fine), then you should consider adding a few more stills for the sex scenes. The dialogue is good, but with only one or two shots per scene, it seems a little lacking.

Regardless, nice job. Finally, a game with some edging and orgasm denial! Love it!

Reactions: HighbornTiger

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Steve:
Daniel:
Then i dont know what the issue with all who are complaining. Even, i'm a hardcore ntr hater, that hates ntr/sharing/swinging games even if it have as "optional" kink. But, i dont treat this game as NTR or sharing or anything that comes close to this. It is not even borderline ntr as claimed by dev.

Both have separate girls. Both have seperate different harems. And they stay on their own routes. No one cucking or sharing none here. It's like playing two different games in a same cinematic universe.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Then i dont know what the issue with all who are complaining. Even, i'm a hardcore ntr hater, that hates ntr/sharing/swinging games even if it have as "optional" kink. But, i dont treat this game as NTR or sharing or anything that comes close to this. It is not even borderline ntr as claimed by dev.

Both have separate girls. Both have seperate different harems. And they stay on their own routes. No one cucking or sharing none here. It's like playing two different games in a same cinematic universe.
Some got hung up, that Chloe was visible in Steve's story and waited to smash her (as Steve and not as Daniel). If you take the defenition of NTR which at least includes making someone jealous, then no, there will be no NTR in this story. That is partly because I'm not really into this myself. But hearing the experience from other devs and looking at five pages of criticism, I figure that not everybody agrees with that which is totally fine. I don't shame people for it.

Best I can do from this moment out is be open about where the story might lead to (even though, it's supposed to be a surprising turn of events within Steve's story)

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017

I think that wasn't it originally you'd play as Steve and then replay the same content (ish) as Daniel. This thread is confusing as fuck

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
What if players dont want to play through dick #2's eyes? I wont and will walk away along with many others. Most people will want to stick with the main MC and not care about the other guy. I do believe we have gone over this before but your insisting on driving people away with this Daniel guy. If he had the "more interesting" story then the game should have been based on his perspective from day 1 making him the main and only mc. But you didnt now your going to push this forced play with another dude ending with people walking away. Its your game do what you want but im out as i didnt start playing this to play someone else.
I agree with this. If the two MCs don't share girls it would be OK I guess, but then it will feel like Dev is holding some girls back to save for the other guy. Maybe 2 separate games is the way to go? I dunno, but 2 male MCs in the same game seems bad to me. Maybe Dev will surprise us though? :unsure:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

I may be weird, but personally I'd rather have the opportunity to avoid every sex scene involving Daniel (and possibly every romance, except maybe one, if I don't have to watch the sex scenes).

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I agree with this. If the two MCs don't share girls it would be OK I guess, but then it will feel like Dev is holding some girls back to save for the other guy. Maybe 2 separate games is the way to go? I dunno, but 2 male MCs in the same game seems bad to me. Maybe Dev will surprise us though? :unsure:
The thing is the updates could take twice as long and be sparse on content because the dev is essentially making two vns in one. So yes two sperate games would be better just not at the same time.

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017

Because most of the "complains" were not about NTR, were only about having 2 protagonists. :FacePalm:

Reactions: EJW and Teddy 369

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Nah, I tried that and it broke the game. Would need to rewrite the internal logic which is a pain in the ass.

You only have to watch out for Marie and Izzy. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.
With Izzy, you got to approach her on day two in front of the strip club, block her way out on day three, don't fuck her in the afternoon (talk instead) and then you got it.
For Marie, you got to go after her on day three when you are waiting for jenny by the changing rooms. (Yes, you miss out on a Jenny scene, most likely)
For Lena, the only thing you need to do is ask her on a date on day three.

Jenny has 2,5 routs.
ConDomRout: Make it kinky, give her the video and agree to some consentual fun
BlackDomRout: Make it kinky and don't give her the video
RomRout: Give her the video, say, you're not into that kinky stuff and tell her the next morning that you want to be with her.
According to my save game I have the variables JennyRomRout, IzzyRom, LenaRom and MarieLoveRout activated. So I guess I'm doing fine.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
kakstris There are actual walkthroughs for each girl build into the game. You can activate one of them at the beginning of the game. If you don't want to play through it mutiple times, then activate Cheat mode and Izzy's walkthrough. Getting together with the other girls (Marie, Jenny and Lena) is pretty straight forward.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Steve:
Daniel:
Dammit. I didn't notice the multiple protagonist tag.
I'm really not a fan of multiple protagonists in the same setting, as it kinda breaks the immersion for me; what with the conflicting/competing relationships and stuff. I tend to lean more towards games/VN's where the MC is essentially the only cock on the block (i.e. the women are potentially all his for the taking).
Given that we start out as Steve, I took him as my avatar (bear in mind that at this time I viewed him as the sole protagonist). Chloe was instantly my favourite, but then something seemed to be developing between her and the new guy, which annoyed me, as I (Steve/the MC) wanted her. I then came here and searched "Chloe" to find out what was going on and only then did I find out, to my disappointment, that I (Steve) don't get to have her and that there is a second protagonist (the new guy) that does.

I'd advise adding a public service announcement at the start of the VN that informs people that there are multiple protagonists (in the same setting/environment) and their genders. Perhaps add a confirmation button so that it can't be accidentally skipped too. Then you will have done all that you possibly can to avoid the unfortunate situation of people going into it without realising that there are multiple protagonists.

Since, as I mentioned, this isn't really to my taste, I'll be bowing out now; but good luck.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes