3.90 star(s) 83 Votes

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Is everyone guaranteed a shiny on their first encounter or did I get super lucky ?
Is shiny the red star? Later in play I counted
it took over 28 encounters to see a red star on the 29th
then 28th
stopped trying and counting at 74 in Eclipse City
went to front of Dew town and stop trying at 143

so side note over 50 passes nothing drops in grove

Last edited:

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
I know you provide the breeder and I also know you don't intend it for how you plan out the players progression. hence that entirely intentional low jab crutch statement you put in. And I say sorry and apologize for lack of specificity and I don't wish to bother thy motivation for the project. I will very gladly admit never saw the hidden grove and never looked for it as not really what I expect in pokemon... Your intended path is too long and one exp share to grind up the main and secondary pokemon equiped with it and then to capture another pokemon to level that up too. Anything below 5 levels tops is pretty much just one shotted by the wall of I ain't no meme. No matter what of the few pokemon the player will have by the metaphical mountain of the child in front of the bridge to the outside world beyond the Dew town. Without the breeder not really a way to buy a lot. The breeder is significantly not really optional and more mandatory to progress or to even grab every starting pokemon and to level them. Breeder ain't optional at all. Your intended path would take way to much damn time
Because my 'intended' path was meant to reflect old Pokemon games, where (SPOILER) they do NOT provide any such Breeders to give you free EXP. Yes, my intention was for players to grind regular grass patches, however the breeders are optional because if they, like you, do not intend on spending too much time grindin levels, are presented with the option to use the breeder.

I mentioned this earlier, that route 1 is meant to be a reflection of how the game is going to be like for the rest of your run; It relies on players catching and training the right mons for the right moves (For example, I allow players to catch Houndour in Route 1 to counter Joey's Ferrothorn). Also, the waifumon presented to you are extremely overpowered for lore reasons, and the 'difficulty' of the game is to balance that.

And here's the thing; the game expands like crazy upon reaching city no 2, where the player is given access to a WHOLE lot more supporting items like tons of TMs, battle items, healing items, move relearners/deleters, more waifumon, and more incentives to continue. That's how I pace this game. Weed out the casual players, and reward those who truck through.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
I know you provide the breeder and I also know you don't intend it for how you plan out the players progression. hence that entirely intentional low jab crutch statement you put in. And I say sorry and apologize for lack of specificity and I don't wish to bother thy motivation for the project. I will very gladly admit never saw the hidden grove and never looked for it as not really what I expect in pokemon... Your intended path is too long and one exp share to grind up the main and secondary pokemon equiped with it and then to capture another pokemon to level that up too. Anything below 5 levels tops is pretty much just one shotted by the wall of I ain't no meme. No matter what of the few pokemon the player will have by the metaphical mountain of the child in front of the bridge to the outside world beyond the Dew town. Without the breeder not really a way to buy a lot. The breeder is significantly not really optional and more mandatory to progress or to even grab every starting pokemon and to level them. Breeder ain't optional at all. Your intended path would take way to much damn time
Joey falls to lopunny and watever level your starter is by the time you get there...
Buddy, lopunny... when you recruit her kills everything in pretty much one shot except for the skarmory. No need to use the breeder.
And wtf are you doing if your mon gets one shot by a wall when you are -5. You are so focused on levels you fail to see that the waifumon have stats rivaling legendaries.

Feels like you went in this with the wrong mindset.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Joey falls to lopunny and watever level your starter is by the time you get there...
Buddy, lopunny... when you recruit her kills everything in pretty much one shot except for the skarmory. No need to use the breeder.
And wtf are you doing if your mon gets one shot by a wall when you are -5. You are so focused on levels you fail to see that the waifumon have stats rivaling legendaries.

Feels like you went in this with the wrong mindset.
Like I already glady admitted. Never found the grove until I used Fly. Also on a relevant note I am pretty sure a earlier rendition of this had it later on too

Reactions: dadag

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Like I already glady admitted. Never found the grove until I used Fly. Also on a relevant note I am pretty sure a earlier rendition of this had it later on too
Incorrect, I'm afraid. You can find much older versions on other pirate sites and it won't be any different. The grove was introduced the moment you rescued Buneary in the cave on Route 1, and always has been.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Incorrect, I'm afraid. You can find much older versions on other pirate sites and it won't be any different. The grove was introduced the moment you rescued Buneary in the cave on Route 1, and always has been.
Hmmm :unsure: well then I am entirely wrong on that and thinking of the other pokemon game.... and after several minutes of searching I might be thinkin of pokeich but only in regards to a hidden grove/area to raise intimacy thing as it had? has? (been almost a year since update) something like that

mechdragon

Aug 29, 2017
...That's how Pokemon works. Pokemon is LITERALLY all about building the right moves and praying for RNG that the opponent doesnt do something to shut you down before you pull off your combo.
Dont trainers ALWAYS use the move that should be highest power? like I remember the AI kinda acts human and uses moves that should hit the most damage on your mons typing, ignoring item and ability immunity cuz they wouldnt know about that. So a good trainer preps for the opponents moveset and can switch in mons that resist what the AI thought was gonna hit what was originally out. Or am i just on glue and misremembered.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
It really shouldn't take over 75 encounters to see a vulpix

on another note
At area with Lopunny in the dark back storage room. after losing there is a game breaking bug in that any save I load I can't save and this just fucks it all. Only starts working again after going to saves and deleting the auto saves

Don't know if skipped some shit somehow but at Phobos town after taking out the little hideout Asha is there upon exiting talking about going... in? "I'll wait for backup before we storm the place."

Last edited:

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
It really shouldn't take over 75 encounters to see a vulpix
Thats RNG encounter rates for you =\

on another note
At area with Lopunny in the dark back storage room. after losing there is a game breaking bug in that any save I load I can't save and this just fucks it all. Only starts working again after going to saves and deleting the auto saves
Bug due to a limitation in the engine. Pressing F12 or restarting the game fixes it. This is mentioned in the guide.

Don't know if skipped some shit somehow but at Phobos town after taking out the little hideout Asha is there upon exiting talking about going... in? "I'll wait for backup before we storm the place."
There are still people inside. One person is unlikely to be able to arrest 5 people and keep em in line.

Doruza

Jan 9, 2021
Saw on the guide that a reset may be needed to introduce new characters and other things. Just want to confirm whether we will definitely have to start new games or not?

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Saw on the guide that a reset may be needed to introduce new characters and other things. Just want to confirm whether we will definitely have to start new games or not?
Yes. Next update will require a hard reset.
Not just to introduce a new character but also to fix some bugs and re enable some plugins.

3.90 star(s) 83 Votes