3.80 star(s) 80 Votes

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
If you enjoy the game and would like to hang out with the rest of the community feel free to join the discord!

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
My only real issue with the game is Drakaiden Event 3.

Having to finesse your way to stand perfectly in front of the crystals is an issue getting in the way of completing it but that's not the primary one. The most pressing issue is the game freezes and stutters way more during this event for me than the odd hiccup traveling around Eclipse City on the ground (which is odd, considering I was seemingly one of the only people on the planet able to run Dragon's Dogma 2 with zero performance issues), and the timer continues during these freezes, making this literally impossible to complete for anyone experiencing these freezes too much.

Unfortunately, I am one of these people, and the event was impossible for me to complete, despite the fact I have one of the more powerful rigs one can have at the moment. It's a shame because the event is fun, and I imagine not too difficult without the stuttering (I'm using a controller to play this, so even easier for me lol). But I'll just have to leave this one unfinished unless a more forgiving timer is added or the lag in Eclipse City is addressed in the future.

I've decided to stop the game at this point, since it doesn't look like there's much left in current content anyway.

In terms of positives, I've seen some bring up the issues of the waifumons being busted, and at first I agreed. However, the more I thought about it and played with them, the more I realized they're only busted when people know how to use them as such. A person with little understanding of Pokemon can't just take these teams and do well with them. They're busted BECAUSE of the proper usage of the tools in their arsenal, and it's really fun making them perform at their maximum potential.

So while I would argue the game is actually a bit too easy for my tastes as a result, I can't deny how much I enjoyed strategizing them in a way Gamefreak has never allowed me too before. I became so used to just having a team of 6 glass cannon sweepers in pokemon games over the years (simply b/c it was easiest/path of least resistance and all that) I forgot what it actually meant when there's more depth and layers added to the mix. The fact that the enemy teams are clearly so well thought-out and designed only contributes to the reward factor for the player.

I also appreciate the game gives us the tools to min/max our Mons to our heart's content. As a min/maxing fiend, the EV boosting items, EV removing berries, etc, all scratched that insatiable min/maxing itch of mine perfectly.

Also Seras. I would die for her. Kevan might have too as well if he doesn't stop being such a cunt.

Reactions: blubbervink

Persona59523

Apr 7, 2020
Mind probing will return!
But you saw the effects of it during gardevoir 2... There is a time and place for everything. ;)
Fair enough. Just a suggestion though. Depending on if you're maxed kindess or max ruthless, could there be variations to the mind prob? I'm imagining that with max kindness, it take a long ass time, but it ain't too damaging, while the other......well you get all the info you need rather quickly.

Also, is Solar Flare a one turn move? I know that Nymphlora got a ability that brings out sunlight, but do wonder if it's a 1 turn move in general. Solar blade is a two turn move in it's description, while Solar Flare just say it's gather sunlight to unleash a terrible explosion.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
My only real issue with the game is Drakaiden Event 3.

Having to finesse your way to stand perfectly in front of the crystals is an issue getting in the way of completing it but that's not the primary one. The most pressing issue is the game freezes and stutters way more during this event for me than the odd hiccup traveling around Eclipse City on the ground (which is odd, considering I was seemingly one of the only people on the planet able to run Dragon's Dogma 2 with zero performance issues), and the timer continues during these freezes, making this literally impossible to complete for anyone experiencing these freezes too much.

Unfortunately, I am one of these people, and the event was impossible for me to complete, despite the fact I have one of the more powerful rigs one can have at the moment. It's a shame because the event is fun, and I imagine not too difficult without the stuttering (I'm using a controller to play this, so even easier for me lol). But I'll just have to leave this one unfinished unless a more forgiving timer is added or the lag in Eclipse City is addressed in the future.

I've decided to stop the game at this point, since it doesn't look like there's much left in current content anyway.

In terms of positives, I've seen some bring up the issues of the waifumons being busted, and at first I agreed. However, the more I thought about it and played with them, the more I realized they're only busted when people know how to use them as such. A person with little understanding of Pokemon can't just take these teams and do well with them. They're busted BECAUSE of the proper usage of the tools in their arsenal, and it's really fun making them perform at their maximum potential.

So while I would argue the game is actually a bit too easy for my tastes as a result, I can't deny how much I enjoyed strategizing them in a way Gamefreak has never allowed me too before. I became so used to just having a team of 6 glass cannon sweepers in pokemon games over the years (simply b/c it was easiest/path of least resistance and all that) I forgot what it actually meant when there's more depth and layers added to the mix. The fact that the enemy teams are clearly so well thought-out and designed only contributes to the reward factor for the player.

I also appreciate the game gives us the tools to min/max to our Mons to our heart's content. As a min/maxing fiend, the EV boosting items, EV removing berries, etc, all scratched that insatiable min/maxing itch of mine perfectly.

Also Seras. I would die for her. Kevan might have too as well if he doesn't stop being such a cunt.
Yeah, the freezes are annoying, maybe it is something we can fix in the future, we will have to see...

Nice view on the waifumon. Its true they are pretty strong and one of the dev team members can beat the gyms while on average being 10 lvls lower on every pokemon. So if you know what you are doing grinding isnt really needed. And the waifumon will become much more diverse with moves and abilities. Glad you enjoy it.

And yes, Seras is great. Kevan will be more developed in the future (yay?).

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Fair enough. Just a suggestion though. Depending on if you're maxed kindess or max ruthless, could there be variations to the mind prob? I'm imagining that with max kindness, it take a long ass time, but it ain't too damaging, while the other......well you get all the info you need rather quickly.

Also, is Solar Flare a one turn move? I know that Nymphlora got a ability that brings out sunlight, but do wonder if it's a 1 turn move in general. Solar blade is a two turn move in it's description, while Solar Flare just say it's gather sunlight to unleash a terrible explosion.
Possibly. I suppose it depends on the situation, but you can assume that if she has more kindness points she is more hesistant to turn somebodies head inside out.

I, admittedly, havent used Solar Flare that much yet so cant tell. But the move should be the way it is.

Persona59523

Apr 7, 2020
That great to hear. Speaking of which, how exactly do you make the waifus busted? I'm admittedly not a professional pokemon battler(starter glass cannon build most of the time), but I do want your insight into how each one can be made busted. Though before that, I'll give details on how I've kinda learn how to make them busted(or at least ideas).

For Allerita, you simply just need two moves to make her busted. Grande Jeté, and Destabilize. Grande Jete is a steel move that on every hit, raises the defense and special defense. It ain't much, especially against lower level pokemons, but get a tank in front of you, then you can hit it several times for 'free', making your starter pokemon stronger. And once you got some boost to the defensive, that when you use destabilize, which reduce your defensives, to massively increases attack, special attack, and speed. With greater special attack, you can quickly return back to Grande Jete, and start rebuilding your defenses again. Provided that no one got something to withstand being oneshotted(outside of protect), then you can easily wipe out entire trainers with that dirty build. For Eve training, you definitely don't want to waste puting points into attack, all of her most powerful attacks(and Grande Jete) are special attacks. And from what I seen, you can definitely afford to put more points into defense and hp, rather than into the special attack and speed, since those are naturally higher. What items to use, outside of leftovers, I have no idea.

Lopunny is definitely something I haven't used too much, but I do use the extreme speed, sword dance, spin kick, and a physical move that can harm ghost types to do some serious damage. EV training, same for her, except swap special attack for attack. Though I don't know what items to give her.

Gardevoir is unique as a psychic normal pokemon with adaptability. But I assume that giving her Boom Burst and throat spray can make extremely dangerous to face. Add coma which can both deal damage and cause sleep, then you got time to set up calm mind. And shadow ball to deal with the ghost types pokemon. For Ev spread, attack should be ignored, the defense, hp, and speed should get some major investment, and special attack and special defensive should get some evs to make the stats even bigger.

Viruark is definitely a powerful pokemon, though she can be much more useful as a statis inflicter. In fact Caustic Claw and her ability poison touch is perfect for this. She attacks you for large damage, and the enemy rolls 4d20s. If they roll a nat 1, then they either suffer burns, poison, freeze, or paralyzed. Which can be great. Majorly boost her hp and defenses, and moderately boost her attacks and speed, and she could constantly forcing the enemy to roll con saves, simply one shotting them, or getting them to physical attack into Baneful Bunker.

Tsarevniya is unique given her unique ice-grass combo. She got a ability related around getting hit by fire types move, but it doesn't remove her weakness to them. Personally do think that it make sense that fire type moves don't do damage, and instead fuels her defenses, as there are official pokemon abilities that negate fire type attacks. Outside of that, know that she can take serious hits, and with her attack properly boosted, she can return said hits. Do have her running Leaf Blade, Frigid Veil, Tundra Crash, and Frost Flame Blade.

Drakaiden is definitely extremely power, especially when using Hurricane and Thunder in the rain it sets up, not to mention Raijin Breath. You can definitely afford to invest most ev into it's defenses and hp, since both attacks and speed are naturally great. I would definitely think that she would be best a special attack, with Swerving Strike being her only physical move(as it serves as her u-turn)

Vaperon I have nothing since it ain't moded(come back when it evolves further beyond)

Vexinni I haven't messed around with, but do know that it's got a dangerous combo with it's dark type move that forces the opposing enemy to become dark type, then a ghost type attack that deals more damge if the opponent is half-health. And with it's high special attack,Soul Reaper may be capable of pussing the enemy pokemon into the half-range. Especially if it has life-orb. And given it's ability. I doubt life orb can do more damage than it can heal.

Nymphlora is unique, but have figure out that solar flare may be busted, as I'm imagining that it damage all pokemon on the opposite side of the field.

Reactions: blubbervink

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
So I've tried the lifeorb strat with Vexinni. See it's healing first, then damage from orb. But honestly okay.
either way it worked would have advantages and disadvantages; sure, healing first might feel disappointing because you'll never end at full health, but at least you'll never knock yourself out with Life Orb recoil before healing. personally, i think i'd rather it work the way it already does.

Nymphlora is unique, but have figure out that solar flare may be busted, as I'm imagining that it damage all pokemon on the opposite side of the field.
Solar Flare is single target, unfortunately. and yes, it is a 2-turn move outside of sun.

So make it to the last city, and bought the upgrade and reaper cloth from the megastore. Yeah, still act as held items. Better check if you saved the items correctly.
that's really weird. i started my current playthrough last update, and Upgrade/etc all could be used. seeing your comment now, though, i went to check and sure enough, the only options are Give/Toss/Cancel. this makes me think they were unintentionally reverted to default functionality during the most recent update.

Persona59523

Apr 7, 2020
May been the case. Well at the very least, I've catched this problem for you, and now next update, the item could be modded back into being evo stones.

Persona59523

Apr 7, 2020
Oh, as for Solar Flare, definitely something people will pick over solar blade. The only difference between two of them(as far as I'm aware) is that Solar Flare is more powerful

Ind12

Aug 28, 2021
Facing an infinite dialogue loop. I do the interviews for Seras and she gives me her number, the notification comes up that I can initiate the date at the cafe, then it immediately goes back to me telling her about the interviews. I'm stuck there and cannot progress. Any help?

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
not one, this was the first
Right. Well might be a problem with JOIplay. we dont support android builds since the engine used is not compatible =\
Facing an infinite dialogue loop. I do the interviews for Seras and she gives me her number, the notification comes up that I can initiate the date at the cafe, then it immediately goes back to me telling her about the interviews. I'm stuck there and cannot progress. Any help?
Yup, known bug and will be fixed in next update. DM me your save file and I'll fix it.

Ind12

Aug 28, 2021
Right. Well might be a problem with JOIplay. we dont support android builds since the engine used is not compatible =\

Yup, known bug and will be fixed in next update. DM me your save file and I'll fix it.
It won't let me upload RX Data files to F95. Can I save it in another format?

Edit: Nvm. DMed you my Save in a ZIP.

Last edited:

Davdunk

Apr 29, 2022
I can't get Allerita event in player's bed, i am in the bed and pushing the action button and nothing
But Viruak's scene works

3.80 star(s) 80 Votes