3.80 star(s) 85 Votes

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Then I pull another shiny. Upper 20's in IV's and 30 sp. def... impish nature xD

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Nice. Also, nature mints will be added soon.
It was deleted... dang...

I posted it because it felt like a cruel joke. Seeing how that was one of the worst natures for it. I played it a while ago as a complete newbie to Pokemon. Having just learned about EV's and IV's. I got pretty far into the game. Then heard about the hard reset and decided to wait, until the new version was posted. Here I am :D

The Adalass I used there had slightly worse IV's, but it had a modest nature and was shiny too. I hope to recreate the success. Timid is also alright. Having a main poke-waifu(?) that's all like "I'm here to blow, and I'm all out of balls" doesn't feel good man. I'm under no delusions of getting a 31 IV average shiny perfect natured Adalass. I just don't want to have to question its existence and my decisions, as I look at its stats.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
It was deleted... dang...

I posted it because it felt like a cruel joke. Seeing how that was one of the worst natures for it. I played it a while ago as a complete newbie to Pokemon. Having just learned about EV's and IV's. I got pretty far into the game. Then heard about the hard reset and decided to wait, until the new version was posted. Here I am :D

The Adalass I used there had slightly worse IV's, but it had a modest nature and was shiny too. I hope to recreate the success. Timid is also alright. Having a main poke-waifu(?) that's all like "I'm here to blow, and I'm all out of balls" doesn't feel good man. I'm under no delusions of getting a 31 IV average shiny perfect natured Adalass. I just don't want to have to question its existence and my decisions, as I look at its stats.
Heh, dw so much about IV's. Focus on maxing the appropriate EV's when you reach the EV dojo and switch to the correct nature when mints are released.

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Heh, dw so much about IV's. Focus on maxing the appropriate EV's when you reach the EV dojo and switch to the correct nature when mints are released.
I don't know much about the pokemans. But does the mints work retroactively? If not, then the "main" ones are still benched just the same. From my understanding IVs works irrespective of EVs. Having a pokemon coming at you at the speed of suck with avr. IVs of under 5 is still bad. You seemingly can't do anything about the IV, once you've obtained a pokemon.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
I don't know much about the pokemans. But does the mints work retroactively? If not, then the "main" ones are still benched just the same. From my understanding IVs works irrespective of EVs. Having a pokemon coming at you at the speed of suck with avr. IVs of under 5 is still bad. You seemingly can't do anything about the IV, once you've obtained a pokemon.
The difference that IV's bring are not worth stressing over outside of competative play. EV's and nature make a bigger impact.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The difference that IV's bring are not worth stressing over outside of competative play. EV's and nature make a bigger impact.
Judging from the sites I've read. The difference between a 0IV and 31IV in everything brings a greater stat total than EVs and much greater than its nature. I want the opposite of this one (except for the HP):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Judging from the sites I've read. The difference between a 0IV and 31IV in everything brings a greater stat total than EVs and much greater than its nature. I want the opposite of this one (except for the HP):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I dunno what sites you looked at, but IV's give the least stat changes.

EV's > Natures > IV's

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
How is an EV of 510/4 in stat points much larger than an IV of 31 x 6 in stat points?

127 (rounded down, which it does) in stat points for EV is not bigger than 186 stat points. Nature is just a 10% stat boost to a single stat and 10% down to another or 0% to either depending on which it is. I don't think there are any pokemon with a base stat of 1270, let alone 1860. There might be, who knows. It's not remotely relevant to Adalass.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
How is an EV of 510/4 in stat points much larger than an IV of 31 x 6 in stat points?

127 (rounded down, which it does) in stat points for EV is not bigger than 186 stat points. Nature is just a 10% stat boost to a single stat and 10% down to another or 0% to either depending on which it is. I don't think there are any pokemon with a base stat of 1270, let alone 1860. There might be, who knows. It's not remotely relevant to Adalass.
Irrelevant. Good luck getting 31 IV's in all stats, not gonna happen unless you cheat.
And my point stands, getting max EV in 1 stat is better than getting 31 IV in 1 stat.
So again, dont bother with IVs and focus on EVs and Nature

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Irrelevant. Good luck getting 31 IV's in all stats, not gonna happen unless you cheat.
And my point stands, getting max EV in 1 stat is better than getting 31 IV in 1 stat.
So again, dont bother with IVs and focus on EVs and Nature
1706899073725.png

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018

If you want, ill show you the math later

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I do understand. That is not the point of me insinuating, you are moving the goal post. You can indeed get a higher boost to two stat points with EVs. Yet there's no way in heck the 10% from it's nature will amount to more than the IV. The IV is also in no way irrelevant. It'll allow you to easier reach break points in your defense and HP. The 31 vs 0 IV is also close to being 50% of maxing EV on the two stats you focus on. Spread out IV's win out in pure stat points. Never did I say that 31 in everything was needed. Rather upper 20's was okay. I just didn't know about the mints, and should have kept the impish shiny Adalass.

It's clear we have different view points and probably different goals in the game. That's okay. There's however, probably little reason to continue this specific topic unless either of us have anything widely important to add. I can attach a save file with good shiny versions of the main pokemons, once I get them. I'll avoid using them and the save file will be at the name change NPC. So you and anyone else can train them how they like.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
I do understand. That is not the point of me insinuating, you are moving the goal post. You can indeed get a higher boost to two stat points with EVs. Yet there's no way in heck the 10% from it's nature will amount to more than the IV. The IV is also in no way irrelevant. It'll allow you to easier reach break points in your defense and HP. The 31 vs 0 IV is also close to being 50% of maxing EV on the two stats you focus on. Spread out IV's win out in pure stat points. Never did I say that 31 in everything was needed. Rather upper 20's was okay. I just didn't know about the mints, and should have kept the impish shiny Adalass.

It's clear we have different view points and probably different goals in the game. That's okay. There's however, probably little reason to continue this specific topic unless either of us have anything widely important to add. I can attach a save file with good shiny versions of the main pokemons, once I get them. I'll avoid using them and the save file will be at the name change NPC. So you and anyone else can train them how they like.
Im good. You do you, good luck.

Reactions: Hajtand

KibouSN

Dec 21, 2021
Can I get some help? The stone puzzle for Drakaiden's 2nd event askes for three seperate stones to be lit, which I do, but when I interact with the center stone, it's a new order and everything resets. Is this intentional and I just have to do it a select number of times or what?

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Can I get some help? The stone puzzle for Drakaiden's 2nd event askes for three seperate stones to be lit, which I do, but when I interact with the center stone, it's a new order and everything resets. Is this intentional and I just have to do it a select number of times or what?
Check the guide for an explanation on what to do

Yooh

Mar 13, 2022
Sorry. Didnt properly read your message and saw that you were already looking in the sewers. The area she is in is at the bottom left. Past the boulders blocking the path
It's okay dude, thanks for replying. At first I couldn't get into the hole even when I clicked. But when I went out and looked at all the logs, I was able to log in

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
The guide says "solve the puzzle and then there's an RNG fight." The problem isn't the fight, it's the puzzle.
You need to remember the correct order for the story and activate the correct stones. How is that hard?
The stones will shuffle after they're first activated, but the order of the story itself won't change. Check on the stone's story first, then decide if you want to activate the stone or not. Don't just activate the stone based on the previous order...

KibouSN

Dec 21, 2021
You need to remember the correct order for the story and activate the correct stones. How is that hard?
Because I do that, then the center stone gives me another set of stones to activate, and resets everything. My original question was "is this how it's suppose to go or am I doing something wrong?" Instead, my answers have been "check the guide" and your smart-ass answer.

3.80 star(s) 85 Votes