SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Just for clarification on the above questions about A & E, you guys are right that they are taking the course because they're worried about our resident psychopath in Polarity... it was just worded somewhat poorly, which was actually brought to my attention by HoboCop86 a couple days back and was already corrected.

The new lines read:

"What if that psycho murderer guy comes after us?"
and the MC responds via inner monologue with
"(They must be talking about the masked piece of dogshit.)"

As for the alternate timeline, you guys are correct to assume that it's assuming PL MC never returned home. Hope that clears some stuff up.

For the sake of not overstepping too much on Luxee's kindness to let us "borrow" his amazing characters, their side-arc will be pretty lighthearted and inconsequential, and we made sure that its intent is a completely alternate timeline rather than something that takes place during/after PL's story.

Ozel

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Also like your idea about them being more sensual/romantic to start off with. That certainly wouldn't have hurt.
Yeah, sorry about that. That's what I meant the whole time, but I explained it poorly. Twice. Luckily my brain eventually started functioning properly and I was able to actually express exactly what I meant. :LOL:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just for clarification on the above questions about A & E, you guys are right that they are taking the course because they're worried about our resident psychopath in Polarity... it was just worded somewhat poorly, which was actually brought to my attention by HoboCop86 a couple days back and was already corrected.

The new lines read:

"What if that psycho murderer guy comes after us?"
and the MC responds via inner monologue with
"(They must be talking about the masked piece of dogshit.)"

As for the alternate timeline, you guys are correct to assume that it's assuming PL MC never returned home. Hope that clears some stuff up.

For the sake of not overstepping too much on Luxee's kindness to let us "borrow" his amazing characters, their side-arc will be pretty lighthearted and inconsequential, and we made sure that its intent is a completely alternate timeline rather than something that takes place during/after PL's story.
Yes, that clarifies things considerably and makes sense. Regarding Luxee, I think they will be happy to have any cross-promotion of their game, even though it is nearing completion because additional exposure means a broader audience. I never cease to be amazed at how every few days Acting Lessons keeps getting rated, even though it has been completed for some time. Some games are just timeless that way. I am sure you can have some fun with Ada and Elly, just the same. Since they haven't been "corrupted" yet by Papa, perhaps some corruption by the MC is in order (LOL)?? Just dreaming here.

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Really do love this game. The only thing that bothers me is Lyanna being Kayla's mom, given she looks the same age if not younger. Plus the whole milf thing really isn't my thing, kind of a turnoff actually.

That's why I went into the files and tweaked the dialogue to make them sisters instead. :devilish:

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
After discussing a potential (spoiler free) walkthrough with Sir Dammed I finished making one for Polarity so all you lovely users can use it if you would prefer to do so.

Do yourself a favor and read through the 'Foreword' section beforehand.

Our walkthrough will never be point based and a handholding guide that will spoil each outcome, we want the player to truly experience the game's story instead. Though, the way I worded it it should give enough hints on how your choices would possibly impact the story.

*Walkthrough updated with the latest release.

Last edited:

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Finally a harem with a decent MC, i like the incorporation of martial arts, i practiced Teakwondo myself when i was younger, and from the way he handled the serial killer my guess is Aikido is his second discipline and also how he choose to not disclose it in that scene. Although it is considered a form of self defense it is actually one of the more deadly marital arts. Keep up the good work Sir Dammed (y)

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
There's soft martial arts in Korea too, no need to look for japanese systems. For example Hoi Jeon Moo Sool that I used to teach and better known Hapkido.

Anyway, I played this first time and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I hope that stalker plot stays mostly on the background. I'd prefer seeing this bit light-hearted instead of heavy drama (not Acting Lessons style...). Given on how many possible love candidates there are in the game, there'll surely be some drama if they find out about each others, but that's a different thing.

For some reason Naomi's face isn't to my liking and i'd drop her from my harem, but you'll have to do some sacrifices to get to know her daughter better ;). Lyanna on the other hand was hot and looked far younger than her age. During the bar scene I was wondering which one she is, daughter or mother.

Girls were pretty and quite well written, making them act like teens. it was nice surprise to see Ada and Elly here :D.
I'm eagerly awaiting what comes next.

Last edited:
Reactions: SrRK and Draon79

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
As always, appreciate all the thoughtful comments and if you like the game, leaving an honest rating helps me out and allows you to leave me some detailed/valuable feedback. (y)

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Some theories about happenings i game. I put spoiler tag in case someone who hasn't played game yet reads this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: seamanq

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
great game..well written..so many paths to take..some i think could fuck you up in the end though..lol...Valerie is stunning...but she's weird..methinks she's gonna be a tough nut to crack..i claim her as waifu!!! this is another dev deserves more support..you see this game and think HS..SD does his own faces...that takes alot of work..i really appreciate it cause they are beauties..so sub to him so he can upgrade and push out his unique faces faster and of the highest quality he can handle.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
So how old is Lyanna and why does she looks like shes's 16?

Edit:
16's a big stretch. She's in her 30's but looks like she's in her mid 20s. Not that uncommon.

We're still early in the story-- each character in the game has their own wants, desires, personalities, etc. Melanie already has low self-esteem for reasons partly explained through the narrative, and any form of rejection is typically a blow to one's self-esteem. The concept that Melanie vying for the affection of the PC is a "forced path" is silly, however, considering it is central to the plot. How do you reject someone if you don't know they're interested in you in the first place? Or how would I allow her to be a romantic option for players who do like her if her interest wasn't written into the story?

If you ever take the time to write a story-game, let me know if you come up with a way to create interesting characters with zero autonomy who only want the exact same things every individual player wants... because I think if that were possible every game developer would do it. Sadly, however, I haven't yet figured out how to code "mind reading" into Ren'Py. I can only guess/assume, and I think I hit the nail on the head since she's the most popular character according to a recent poll.

With all of that said, it's an early-access game and there's still a lot more to come for Melanie's arc -- both for those who pursue her romantically or those who wish to pursue her as a friend/father figure, and despite her displaying a perfectly normal reaction in response to rejection it's not all gloom for her.

Either way, thanks for playing, thanks for the feedback, and hopefully you find something to your liking, but if not- there's plenty of games that cater to the more vanilla audience who prefer just straight up romance with none of the drama/who don't have young adults in their games.

Last edited:

Ozel

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
So how old is Lyanna and why does she looks like shes's 16?

Edit:
I don't really understand what's predatory about it if Mel wants the MC, unless you consider her to be too young to have any agency in her own life. She's not being coerced into anything here, she's likely old enough to drive a car on her own, of age to where if she committed premeditated murder she would be tried as an adult, etc., but she's not old enough to decide that she's ready to have sex and who she wants to have sex with, I guess. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HoboCop86

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I don't really understand what's predatory about it if Mel wants the MC, unless you consider her to be too young to have any agency in her own life. She's likely old enough to drive a car on her own, of age to where if she committed premeditated murder she would be tried as an adult, etc., but she's not old enough to decide that she's ready to have sex and who she wants to have sex with, I guess. :rolleyes:
All good points. When I was a young adult I certainly had full agency over my own actions when I went home with a lady who was at least 20 years older than me... if anything I was the one who initiated things and expressed my interests... and I think the same could be said for the vast majority of young adults. That said, we also have to consider that this is a fictional story with fictional characters and in no-way are players pursuing characters below the age of 25 "predatory." It's such an ancient argument to suggest otherwise. "Them damn kids shooting & gunnin' people down in videa gaymes! They're gonna grow up to be murderas!"

Ozel

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
It's such an ancient argument to suggest otherwise.
Actually, it's a much more recent argument. Girls were marrying and bearing children at younger ages in the past. I get what you're saying, however. I know these are games, completely fictional stories full of people who aren't real and I don't take them seriously like they're real life. Just making a real life argument that counters a real life argument... about a work of total fiction...

Maybe there's something really wrong with me. :ROFLMAO:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
If Lyanna is 16yo I'm an alien
Ikr? The way she dresses certainly makes her look a little younger, though. I pointed this out before, but when she dresses more appropriate for her age, she certainly passes for someone in their 30s even though she's always looked a little "young for her age":

20190628061200488.png

Actually, it's a much more recent argument. Girls were marrying and bearing children at younger ages in the past. I get what you're saying, however. I know these are games, completely fictional stories full of people who aren't real and I don't take them seriously like they're real life. Just making a real life argument that counters a real life argument... about a work of total fiction...

Maybe there's something really wrong with me. :ROFLMAO:
When I say "ancient argument" I'm referring specifically to the "video game behavior influences reality" argument and the ancient cultural standards that played into this narrative. I.e., this was a common argument made in the 90s. And nah there's nothing wrong with you- in this specific context bringing up real life was appropriate/I agreed with you. The people conflating video game behaviors with *negative* real life connotations are the ones I disagree with, haha.

By the way thanks for the awesome review, Ozel

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozel
4.30 star(s) 51 Votes