VN Unity Abandoned Pony Tale Adventures [v0.4.0] [Sneaky Kitty]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
ah, the irony. when the "thief" is the only one able to restore and preserve lost relics. kind of says how important preservation of this stuff is, and how often it is overlooked when piracy is pretty much the only way to preserve certain games, ips, etc.

hell, I remember a bleach H game that was lost into the either because the creator's hard drive died.
isn't that the point, the coperations don't want it even preserved because one legal reason or another like "possible damage to IP". Not saying it's right, just that its kind of the point that they don't want it preserved

Lightning

Jun 12, 2017
isn't that the point, the coperations don't want it even preserved because one legal reason or another like "possible damage to IP". Not saying it's right, just that its kind of the point that they don't want it preserved
in the case of game companies it's mainly because they just have no interest to preserve it. in the case of companies like Nintendo its because they are hyper-aggressive in protecting there IP even if they have no intention of using it because they might just re-release it on the online store.

also if anyone knows anything about that bleach game feel free to check out the request thread, been seriously looking for someone who still has that download file

Spookitty

Jan 12, 2018
had a bad feeling about the new writer back then, felt like the game would die one way or another and that nsfw wasn't what said new writer wanted to do, making scenes rarer, maybe even taking the "plot" out of it entirely. wasn't wrong in the end, new purely sfw game was made and this game is dead, only at hasbro's hands rather than a lack of support.

not gonna say that the writer ruined the game but i feel like it still was a dowgrade from what was supposed to be. not that it matters since it's gone now, rest in peace, was fun while it lasted.

maybe someone can do some sort of revival project, the art was great
I'm glad you enjoyed the art. I had a lot of fun with the project, but I always had worries that it would be shut down at some point. A lot of the fears for the future that I had did come to past. Most of last year I wasn't able to work on anything art-wise besides a few backgrounds for some friends so it was a pretty bad year all around.

I'm still not quite sure what direction I'll go in now that I don't have any solid work or income anymore, but I'm hoping things will work out for me.

Did anyone nab the 0.4.4 version?
I'm not sure if I can link you to anything related to the project, but someone did upload it to the pony fan booru site

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
I'm glad you enjoyed the art. I had a lot of fun with the project, but I always had worries that it would be shut down at some point. A lot of the fears for the future that I had did come to past. Most of last year I wasn't able to work on anything art-wise besides a few backgrounds for some friends so it was a pretty bad year all around.

I'm still not quite sure what direction I'll go in now that I don't have any solid work or income anymore, but I'm hoping things will work out for me.
It's natural when you are working on this kind of project, which is a shame. What you had was amazing while it lasted, though, and whatever you do next, I'm sure it will amazing too. Good luck, mate.

Reactions: wadere
Jul 1, 2018
Damn, I replayed the 2.0 version and the game had some potential. Really liked the imerssion, the graphism and the dialogue also the fact that we played a pony rather than another generic human was neat. IMO, it is far better than the other MLP game. A shame that it ended but it was cool while it lasted.

Reactions: GaRbS

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
wouldn't bet on the next project, silk wright is still the writer, if it's nsfw it'll probably be the one scene per character if you choose their ending kind of nsfw. wouldn't surprise me if it'd only be implied "romance" and kissing cg's.
the focus will definitely be on world building, story telling and stuff like that. making an actual visual novel rather than an nsfw game if you get what i mean

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018
2.0 is bigger than 0.4.4 or what? o_O

Immersion in the game is really wonderful, I don't even remember where else it was this good..
And I really like the cool "book"-drawn menu)

Yeah, for proof. I didn't know anything about MLP but they gave me a good impression of it. It's cool that they are doing something else.

LOL, version 2.0 is from what I get the last version before they go full censorship. It's just teasing but I liked it and thought it was fun, not a fan of their decision to remove it entirely.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017

Immersion in the game is really wonderful, I don't even remember where else it was this good..

that menu really caught me eye, this game had the makings of something special, thanks to the dev for working so hard on this

• Sad
Reactions: atur

Spookitty

Jan 12, 2018

That was just me not naming things properly. It was suppose to be 0.2.0. It just had some random shots of vagoobers in it. 0.4.4 had the most content and had a dream sex scene at the end of the NSFW version.

that menu really caught me eye, this game had the makings of something special, thanks to the dev for working so hard on this
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had the UI design in my head since I started the project and I was really proud of how it came out as well.

wouldn't bet on the next project, silk wright is still the writer
I'm not sure what is going on with the new project they started since they booted me out. It's been over a year and they still haven't put anything out that people can actually play. I do know that it's entirely SFW through.

I've been thinking of restarting the project with OCs or maybe just making a new game featuring humanized characters. Unfortunately I had to get a stable normal 40 hour a week job on top of the contracted art I also have to do, so I don't have as much time as I used to so I'm just really uncertain about my direction for personal projects still.

Spookitty

Jan 12, 2018
Honestly at this point I wouldn't care if its only OCs, I just want a game like this where you can date and marry with ponies or something like that
I drew up ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL versions of all the characters before I even started PTA. If I had been in charge of things when the lawyer showed up, or at least had the foresight to know how things would have turned out I would have used them from the beginning or at least suggested we pivoted to them after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Meanwhile if anyone is looking for the same setting and characters and way more smut you should check out the Poni Waifu Project:
https://f95zone.to/threads/pony-waifu-sim-v5-22-alpha-tiarawhy.11710/

The peeps who run it were super kind to invite me back to do backgrounds and other art assets for them when I had no other way to make ends meet and I'm super grateful for that. It's also still in active development, even with one of our devs having to deal with relocating due to current European War stuffs.

Last edited:

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
I drew up ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL versions of all the characters before I even started PTA. If I had been in charge of things when the lawyer showed up, or at least had the foresight to know how things would have turned out I would have used them from the beginning or at least suggested me pivoted to them after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Meanwhile if anyone is looking for the same setting and characters and way more smut you should check out the Poni Waifu Project:
https://f95zone.to/threads/pony-waifu-sim-v5-22-alpha-tiarawhy.11710/

The peeps who run it were super kind to invite me back to do backgrounds and other art assets for them when I had no other way to make ends meet and I'm super grateful for that. It's also still in active development, even with one of our devs having to deal with relocating due to current European War stuffs.
yeah, but seeing what silks response was to that, it wasn't going to happen with them in development, because hasbro is soooooooo great, even after shutting down their project

Reactions: Kingsname6809

Koster184

Jul 4, 2018
ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL
Meh, meanwhile, "friendship with benefits": *just exists*. Why isn't hasntbro trying to do anything with this game?
And despite the "legacy" version with the same names, colors as in the original, this game even sold on the Steam!

It's hard to compare two good games, but yours definitely conveys the spirit of the series better..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
Meh, meanwhile, "friendship with benefits": *just exists*. Why isn't hasntbro trying to do anything with this game?
And despite the "legacy" version with the same names, colors as in the original, this game even sold on the Steam!

It's hard to compare two good games, but yours definitely conveys the spirit of the series better..
dunno might be legally distinct enough, and I think the color and name swaps are mods made by the community

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes