MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Worse than that, you can't even date one of the characters to completion, you basically only get the first third/half of their storyline and then there is a second character you can do the initial dates with but nothing else.

This is still one of the projects I'd say I'm most excited for given what I've seen of it so far but at this point I really don't have much faith it'll ever get finished. Which is a shame.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Worse than that, you can't even date one of the characters to completion, you basically only get the first third/half of their storyline and then there is a second character you can do the initial dates with but nothing else.

This is still one of the projects I'd say I'm most excited for given what I've seen of it so far but at this point I really don't have much faith it'll ever get finished. Which is a shame.
Thats what I mean. Iv always been under the impression that alpha was near-ish completion which this clearly isn't.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
No, alpha is actually really far from completion in general terms. Most of the time alpha doesn't even refer to a playable state, so don't worry too much about the game being called an alpha.

I'm more concerned with the lack of progress and lack of updates. I'm concerned the dev has simply lost motivation to continue working on this project.

The Spruce Moose Pilot

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
This is from their Patreon. so we'll see what happens at the end of January.

Hey everyone, Scion here!
Now that FlutterMare is publicly released, a lot of you have been asking about the next update for Pony Waifu Sim.
The writing is all done, and my tentative estimate for its completion (with lewds!) is around the end of January 2021. With Pony Waifu Sim, in particular, there has been a large demand for features such as localization that unfortunately aren't technically feasible with the way our content is designed.
Around 80% of the dialogue could be somewhat easily localized, but the remaining 20% would require a major technical refactor.
We have learned a lot since we started on Pony Waifu Sim, and unfortunately, not a lot of that is reflected in the state of the current project. Poorly defined initial requirements of the project led to production inefficiencies and hard to debug spaghetti code in some systems.
As such, there are two major goals we have for Pony Waifu Sim:
  1. We want to refactor the engine to take advantage of what we have learned.
    It will be easier to develop content in, it will support localization, and it will take advantage of , a recent overhaul of the package we use to power most dialogue and posing in Pony Waifu Sim.
  2. Starting after our next release, and while we work on the refactor, we would like to completely finish the writing for Pony Waifu Sim before we finish the project.
    In retrospect, not finalizing all of the writing before starting production was a huge mistake. New writing had to conform to what already exists and going back to change things became neigh impossible. By finishing the writing first, we hope to put a stop to these issues now instead of having them continue to plague us for the rest of the development.
So, what changes will StudioWhy be making to help meet these goals as well as continue to provide you the content you want?
  1. Starting December 19, 2020, I will be dedicating my full-time to ensuring the success of StudioWhy and its projects.
    Since it's inception, we have been open about the fact that all of us have only been able to devote part of our time to StudioWhy. Some of us had day jobs, others have other projects.
    However, I have personally saved up enough from my day-jobs to be able to comfortably dedicate the entire year of 2021 to work full time on StudioWhy, and will be doing exactly that.
  2. We will release other, much smaller, projects in the meantime.
    We still want to be releasing something while I refactor the engine for Pony Waifu Sim. To do this, we will be collaborating with other fandom artists on much smaller interactive projects. Some of these projects will allow us to test the functionality of our refactored Pony Waifu Sim engine as well.
    Our recently announced collaboration with is an example of one of these projects. This Christmas, we are hoping to release a short, cute, and lewd Hearths Heating-themed game with Ponka Pone and the Royal Crystal Couple.
  3. Starting in January, we will post monthly updates on the progress of the writing for Pony Waifu Sim until it is finished.
These are some big changes, and we would like to hear your feedback on them. So please don't be shy to let us know what you think.
Thank you all so much for your support!
- Scion

Reactions: ReaCreations

DReeseMLP

Dec 4, 2020
Hey guys don't Download the game on mobile because it has a Character Model Issue just showing white boxes everywhere!!! I want the Game 4.0 to be for mobile as well. Just like the 3.1 version.

a7448133

Jan 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure Fluttermare is not a long-term project, unlike Pony Waifu Sim.
I'm sorry for what I said in the post you replied to. I shouldn't have been so combative. If you decide to take a working break from one project to do a smaller one, that's completely up to you and you don't deserve criticism for it.

shadowclaw6612

Oct 26, 2020
I dont think you can win the tentacle minigame. Its one of those minigames that give the illusion that they can be won but in reality they can't. At least it's what i think it is because i was never able to win it
you can win it i did in mine you just have to hit a fair few in a row missing one penalises you a fair bit

Reactions: ReaCreations

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Unfortunately, the game is under extremely slow development. Most characters only have the initial introduction and only Purple has more than a couple dates, and even then hers is only half complete or so.

If it ever gets finished I'm going to love this game but god damn it's a slow process.

Their patreon updates suggest that this year will be better since the project lead is going full time and expects to drop an update in January. However after that they'll be finishing the writing in it's entireity and re-working the engine before we see any more updates to this game. Which means months without updates yet again, though they want to release little mini-projects along the way like that flutter mare game.

I'm skeptical, but whatever, there isn't any other feral dating simulators being made anywhere, and I love that shit, so I'll wait.

Last edited:

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
As far as i know all the focus is going on Pony Tale Adventures, which prologue does actually feel like you're taking part in the world itself instead of interacting with a watered down version of the main cast.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Wait, is TiaraWhy working on Pony Tales Adventures too? Personally, what I like about the game is just what you said, that you are more part of the world than anything else. I like Pony Waifu Sim, but the fact that you play as a human is kind of cringe around the ponies. The presentation is better in my opinion, though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GaRbS

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Well, it "can" be done to a degree, the comic Anon Pie's Adventure does manage to blend to a degree humans and demi-humans along with the members of Ponyville there are also the more straighforward ones where it's about having a magical fuck battle with twilight sparkle...well, the kinky type and another about marrying fluttershy

Reactions: GaRbS

coso123

Jan 21, 2018
Just finished this version and really liked it! I actually prefer if you are a human that comes into the world rather than a pony, its makes it more engaging to me. Hopefully this will keep updating since I want to continue the purple route.

Reactions: cumminsshakesit
4.10 star(s) 20 Votes