peebo

Sep 2, 2017
Losing my mind because I chose the doctor perk at the beginning, so if my party ends up wiping at the beginning of the game because of a bad fight, I lose my *entire party* to the void. :confused:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Losing my mind because I chose the doctor perk at the beginning, so if my party ends up wiping at the beginning of the game because of a bad fight, I lose my *entire party* to the void. :confused:
It's when you know the game is good. Now you just have to master it.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, that's kind of a thing even if perma-death is off. It's painful...

My recommendation is simply using the quick save/load or the daily autosave. Don't ironman the game if you're new to it.

Reactions: peebo and DuniX

demiurgo

May 13, 2018
Fun game!, but im having a problem where all enemies are dead and there is no transition out of combat... i just get stuck on combat with no ap and no enemies. Is this a known bug?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Fun game!, but im having a problem where all enemies are dead and there is no transition out of combat... i just get stuck on combat with no ap and no enemies. Is this a known bug?
I've definitely never seen that one, sorry. If you close out and reload a previous save, does it still do it? Or if you start a new game? Maybe something got goofed on your save.

I do know that saves are not supposed to be compatible between versions, if that could be related.

demiurgo

May 13, 2018
I've definitely never seen that one, sorry. If you close out and reload a previous save, does it still do it? Or if you start a new game? Maybe something got goofed on your save.

I do know that saves are not supposed to be compatible between versions, if that could be related.
i started playing this version so is not about compatibility. Also thought about being a corrupt save file so i started a new game but it happen again several times, quite often too so im surprised no one has encountered this. Also always happen to me on Portal and by Murphy's law on the "last one and im out" fight

xwillows

Apr 10, 2018
i started playing this version so is not about compatibility. Also thought about being a corrupt save file so i started a new game but it happen again several times, quite often too so im surprised no one has encountered this. Also always happen to me on Portal and by Murphy's law on the "last one and im out" fight
The game only checks for finished combat after you end your turn. Did you perhaps not hit the end turn button after killing the last enemy?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The game only checks for finished combat after you end your turn. Did you perhaps not hit the end turn button after killing the last enemy?
Yeah, that was my thinking too. Maybe hit the hotkey V to end your turn.

Also, one thing I frequently do by accident is scroll the screen *wayyyyyyy* off to the side. Mostly happens when I switch windows without alt-tabbing, because it drags the camera whatever direction I moved the mouse. Then I end up with what looks like a black board, with the UI around it. If you click one of the portraits it'll jump you back to the board.

Could be something like that, maybe?

Unrelated, I finished my first game on a fresh save file on this patch. It's like they looked at everything I said was strong and took the nerf bat to it. Even the weird things lol

But holy shit essences. I got the one that lets me convert 50 stamina into max level. Not max stamina, just current stamina. My favorite alt-ending character was level 50 at the end. I had a 10 perk kitsune at level 40. Good shit lol

I really need to push the dating side of things more. I didn't use it correctly this game.

And lastly, I seriously cannot figure out the rock/paper/scissors of the elemental system now. A lot of the elemental weapons just seem shit 90% of the time; frost spear, fire sword, and nature sword all felt bad until I completely broke the game. I ended up using standard rare spears for most of the game just to not constantly lose a ton of damage. The enemies you're fighting are too random to predictably have the right weapon half the time.

Quinn

Jun 18, 2017
This might be an odd question but anyone else notice any changes in XP gain?
I swear that in 0.16 I got way more xp then now. It's like it decreased? Usually I would be able to hit level 3 with my MC in 3 arena fights now it's 4.
In other news I feel like the new elemental stuff has it's issues (for example why does everything that has self destruct use it basically immediately?)

Oct 5, 2020
So, those character quests? One of them is not completing for me - level up 5 times, for example, doesn't increment at all when I level up via Alia training, exp pots, combat. Bug?

EtPerMun

Sep 24, 2017
I have the same problem. For the record, I hit the "End Turn" button, and the game even acknowledges that it's the enemy's turn, except there are no enemies left. I suspect this occurs if the last enemy is killed by ongoing damage at the beginning of the enemy turn.

tmp.png

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
Does it make sense to hit 50 mc points for creation since she's more gene dependent according to the desc during new game creation, and make up the difference turning on difficult things that don't really affect your playstyle or doesn't really bother you at all.
Assuming a person is just trying to hit the 100% difficulty mark.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
This might be an odd question but anyone else notice any changes in XP gain?
I swear that in 0.16 I got way more xp then now. It's like it decreased? Usually I would be able to hit level 3 with my MC in 3 arena fights now it's 4.
In other news I feel like the new elemental stuff has it's issues (for example why does everything that has self destruct use it basically immediately?)
I was thinking the same thing about the XP changes. Low level enemies seem to give less XP, but high level enemies seem to give more. Like, higher level NPCs were leveling some characters from like, 40-45 in a single match. Low level fights were giving basically no XP, even to level one characters.

I honestly just assumed I was imagining things. But I also had 90 exp potions, so I didn't really give a shit lol

So, those character quests? One of them is not completing for me - level up 5 times, for example, doesn't increment at all when I level up via Alia training, exp pots, combat. Bug?
I think the level one might be bugged. I could never get it to complete either.

wait you guys don't always play on permadeath?
Nope, never unless I'm trying for 600% difficulty. How am I supposed to unlock spider mom?

I have the same problem. For the record, I hit the "End Turn" button, and the game even acknowledges that it's the enemy's turn, except there are no enemies left. I suspect this occurs if the last enemy is killed by ongoing damage at the beginning of the enemy turn.
Huh... I could see that being the case too.

Does it always happen when you have plant tokens in play? I saw a lot of weirdness with tokens in my play through.

Does it make sense to hit 50 mc points for creation since she's more gene dependent according to the desc during new game creation, and make up the difference turning on difficult things that don't really affect your playstyle or doesn't really bother you at all.
Assuming a person is just trying to hit the 100% difficulty mark.
I take 50 MC points every time. It's really easy to hit 100% difficulty while giving yourself more boosts than you deserve lol

I'm on a fresh save file working on clearing all the challenge ranks again. Here's my goto difficulty setting for 101%

1630773162188.png

I like to turn off breeding/combat quests because they're annoying early on when I really don't touch combat for the first 30 days or so. Because I wait so long on combat, I'm way stronger than normal when first starting in portals. So stuff like Armored/dangerous just doesn't matter. Dating doesn't matter at all now either since dating is the best way to raise rep quickly. Raiders/sparse actually makes the exploration quests easier. And I like turning on advancing just because it limits how quickly Crea can increase her corruption if she has no portals to work with. Not that corruption matters at all, I cleansed her last game at 99 corruption.

Injuries, honestly, just don't matter. Lots of MC points so I can take *all* that bonuses. Starters don't need points since they're just going straight into the brothel (take beauty and 5 negative traits). Lots of money for early tavern quests, and medium because I still insist its the easiest.

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
I was thinking the same thing about the XP changes. Low level enemies seem to give less XP, but high level enemies seem to give more. Like, higher level NPCs were leveling some characters from like, 40-45 in a single match. Low level fights were giving basically no XP, even to level one characters.

I honestly just assumed I was imagining things. But I also had 90 exp potions, so I didn't really give a shit lol

I think the level one might be bugged. I could never get it to complete either.

Nope, never unless I'm trying for 600% difficulty. How am I supposed to unlock spider mom?

Huh... I could see that being the case too.

Does it always happen when you have plant tokens in play? I saw a lot of weirdness with tokens in my play through.

I take 50 MC points every time. It's really easy to hit 100% difficulty while giving yourself more boosts than you deserve lol

I'm on a fresh save file working on clearing all the challenge ranks again. Here's my goto difficulty setting for 101%

View attachment 1388052

I like to turn off breeding/combat quests because they're annoying early on when I really don't touch combat for the first 30 days or so. Because I wait so long on combat, I'm way stronger than normal when first starting in portals. So stuff like Armored/dangerous just doesn't matter. Dating doesn't matter at all now either since dating is the best way to raise rep quickly. Raiders/sparse actually makes the exploration quests easier. And I like turning on advancing just because it limits how quickly Crea can increase her corruption if she has no portals to work with. Not that corruption matters at all, I cleansed her last game at 99 corruption.

Injuries, honestly, just don't matter. Lots of MC points so I can take *all* that bonuses. Starters don't need points since they're just going straight into the brothel (take beauty and 5 negative traits). Lots of money for early tavern quests, and medium because I still insist its the easiest.
Thanks, some things do seem do seem redundant/free points just because the game is not finished and that also messes with my preference of doing default/go to settings outside of achievement runs for most games.

Also, I remember reading something about preserving your starters' virginity before you put them in the brothel when you sex train them earlier in the thread, does that first time money boost really matter that much in the long run or is it something nice to have in the early game?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
any trick to bring enormous monster through portal ?
I think if you have the teleport spell you can teleport them home, but I haven't actually tried that in ages.

I mostly just watch what I'm going to encounter and ignore anything too large to bring back.

Thanks, some things do seem do seem redundant/free points just because the game is not finished and that also messes with my preference of doing default/go to settings outside of achievement runs for most games.

Also, I remember reading something about preserving your starters' virginity before you put them in the brothel when you sex train them earlier in the thread, does that first time money boost really matter that much in the long run or is it something nice to have in the early game?
Yeah, that's always a good idea.

I spam through all the sex training options skipping any that would take their virginity. Use about half of their starting stamina spamming any that they prefer, then plop them in a room.

The one thing I can't tell you is the best brothel room settings. It always seems so inconsistent for me. But usually once you have 10 people in a room it doesn't matter anymore lol

edit: Time to start a hard play through... 609%/hero start on a save with none of the bonuses that give MC points to make that easier lol

Last edited:

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
I think if you have the teleport spell you can teleport them home, but I haven't actually tried that in ages.

I mostly just watch what I'm going to encounter and ignore anything too large to bring back.

Yeah, that's always a good idea.

I spam through all the sex training options skipping any that would take their virginity. Use about half of their starting stamina spamming any that they prefer, then plop them in a room.

The one thing I can't tell you is the best brothel room settings. It always seems so inconsistent for me. But usually once you have 10 people in a room it doesn't matter anymore lol

edit: Time to start a hard play through... 609%/hero start on a save with none of the bonuses that give MC points to make that easier lol
Doing 1 or two ranked arenas and a date to raise lewdity can doubleish the brothel value looks like

edit: maybe it's a flat amount, something to remember when the opportunity arises

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'm confused about the new dating system, I can't seem to raise anyone's lewdity beyond 1. It just ends up switching over to the sexual mode and no one can do anything except exit it. I feel like I'm majorly missing something here, anyone have any idea what it is?
I haven't perfected it or anything, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The real issue is that the first two points of lewdity are fucking hard to get because you have extremely limited lust increasing cards. You basically have to dedicate an entire date to getting one point. And then after you get two points, you can get to like eight on the next date lol

To start with, make sure you're always in a private location. A lot of dates start in the tavern, and you should leave immediately. Public locations seem to double the lewdity cost of cards. It's infinitely harder to get the first few points in a public location.

Essentially, what you're fighting against for the first two points is the clock. You want to spam skills that increase lust, but don't trigger the sex mode. So stuff like the NPC's chat cards that give 4/4 are king. But you'll have *a lot* of shit cards you can't play.

So basically what you're going to want to do is spam relax to cycle through to the safe cards. And once you actually get them to the point where you can increase their lewdity, continue avoiding sex mode. Hunt for 1 or 2 cost cards that you can play in the casual mode.

Once you get to three lewdity, try and hunt for their strip card. That gives passive lust and basically makes the rest trivial.

Once you get to five lewdity, change your location to a public location.

It gets *a lot* easier when you start upgrading your cards. You want to essentially build your deck so that you've favorited zero/one cost cards, while upgrading those cards to give lust. Unless you get a bonus that doesn't upgrade the card's rank you should focus on increasing lust across the board. Fun is super easy. Just focus on lust.

My current deck has a bunch of zero/one lewdity cost cards that increase lust by 8+. That has helped a ton.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes