Tempor

May 12, 2018
dont know if this has been reported but i cant consume mana with avys familiar, so im locked out of doing her quest
it says i cant use it on token enemies but im using it on regular ones. im also having problems with some lust skills aswell i get the message i need to target humanoids although im doing just that. it may be related

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
dont know if this has been reported but i cant consume mana with avys familiar, so im locked out of doing her quest
it says i cant use it on token enemies but im using it on regular ones. im also having problems with some lust skills aswell i get the message i need to target humanoids although im doing just that. it may be related
The bug has been hotfixed. Please make sure you're playing the latest version of the game, namely 0.17.0.1.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Factory reset my PC recently...
Had NG+20...
Fuuuuuuuck.
NG+ or challenge rank?

Couldn't you get back to NG+ 20 in a hurry by building an OP, non-unique team and just cranking out alt-endings to win in less than a month.

... Once I finish completely redoing my unlocks file I'm going to try this.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
NG+ or challenge rank?

Couldn't you get back to NG+ 20 in a hurry by building an OP, non-unique team and just cranking out alt-endings to win in less than a month.

What would you suggest for said OP team?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
What would you suggest for said OP team?
I got three of these and a maxed out kitsune in my current comp and they just blew up every single possible ending boss without all of them needing to cast. Angel Potential is broken. Do you keep essences between NG+ runs? Something tells me probably not. But these guys can basically walk through everything the game can throw at me without much trouble.

They all have an adapt slot open, but I can't decide what to put in there.

1633213507294.png

Lightning Storm got hit with the nerf bat, but Meteor Storm was missed.

imetus

Aug 29, 2017
On a good run, you can get nephlilim... they're pretty hard to catch so getting just one is enough and breed them with another recessive species like fire snake if you want meteorstorm.

How the heck are you people getting max level 75? Is there some shortcut to doing this? It should take forever.

imelman

May 15, 2018
On a good run, you can get nephlilim... they're pretty hard to catch so getting just one is enough and breed them with another recessive species like fire snake if you want meteorstorm.

How the heck are you people getting max level 75? Is there some shortcut to doing this? It should take forever.
Those special angels are fairly powerful supports, pretty much requires a high end seducer like the brothel lady, but the endeavor is worth it. Their support level type and especially skills is better off you know, casting spells that buff/debuff/heal, let the actual magic casters apply shields and deal damage.

Unlimited modifier or you know, special items and essences that give out max level, like knowing/ascended and taking the level-up option, max level potions, and others.

Lightning storm hits 4 instead of 5, not much of a change considering that global spells used to have too much effectiveness for little up-cost, so weakening them to make players to rely them as a finisher rather than a all-around nuke spells seems reasonable. After all, why skills like ice beam, flamestrike, rocksplinter and such that isn't global but still powerful on their own gets neglected in favor of those? Because those nukes still have great power scaling, and makes the other skills less relevant, which in turn, makes other strategies you know, the point of the game, effectively weak, which is something you really don't want to have both for balance factor and fun.

Though, its much, much easier with a special elite character that consumes souls, but nowadays, even though you can get it by a convoluted method, I prefer just getting max level maxed genes character and start breeding after arena rank-ups.

Now on something different; I just tried 2 rather simple professions: quester and entertainer, turns out, they are fairly powerful despite their cheapness, one makes exploration and tavern rewards higher, which also applies to eggs, resulting in level 20+ or 10+ gene character as a chance on S rank quests, on top of making resource gathering, specifically wood and stone less intrusive to your buildwork. And makes more rewarding quests and recruits, which with more potential recruits, I can get more desirable ones, like seals and high tier evolved spirits. Simple, yet clears a good amount of annoyances.

The entertainer is very, very simple; all casual deck actions get +5 fun, higher recruit chance for yourself and everyone, which is fairly convenient for high beauty characters, doubled objective progress, which means you can get best stuff from them much quicker, all relation gains are tripled, so for 2 you would get 6, shy characters doubled after that modifier, which means a single good date will guarantee a max relation character, but also makes lover trait, which is otherwise not too efficient to use otherwise, a must have in this case. The relation boost also allows you to endlessly juggle/extend the king's quests in a pinch by sending a level 6 soldier by training them via the arena master, but the normal strategy of having an team of soliders with equipment and ranking them up works as well.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Biologist prince is pretty insane. You WILL max out. You'll get way more skill points than you can spend, turning the prince himself into an engine of doom.

Reactions: Yukihirou

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

That's way too much work to pick up meteor storm lol
You can use skill combinations by fusing fire spirits to get it for free. Fireball -> Firestorm -> Meteor -> Meteor Storm

You can't force firestorm onto a kitsune though. I have a feeling lightning and meteor storms are exclusive with each other. Probably because you can combine lightning storm with meteor to create meteor storm as well. But it's good to have one lightning based spell to counter act anyone who's got too strong of a resistance.

As for the levels, I ended up maxing out at around level 125 lol

There's a rare/legendary essence called Angel Potential that lets you convert 50 stamina (current, not max) into +1 max level. It's by far the most broken essence and super fun lol

Unlimited modifier or you know, special items and essences that give out max level, like knowing/ascended and taking the level-up option, max level potions, and others.
I didn't have unlimited on. Just used essences.

Lightning storm hits 4 instead of 5, not much of a change considering that global spells used to have too much effectiveness for little up-cost, so weakening them to make players to rely them as a finisher rather than a all-around nuke spells seems reasonable. After all, why skills like ice beam, flamestrike, rocksplinter and such that isn't global but still powerful on their own gets neglected in favor of those? Because those nukes still have great power scaling, and makes the other skills less relevant, which in turn, makes other strategies you know, the point of the game, effectively weak, which is something you really don't want to have both for balance factor and fun.
Yeah, lightning storm was nerfed because it turned into the goto meta to win without having to actually fight. It's still super strong, but only hits 5 targets.

Meteor storm will undoubtedly be nerfed in the next patch.

I disagree with why people use it, however. I use it because it makes combat faster. In some of my games I might be fighting hundreds of fights. I don't want each one to require a ton of work. Eventually I need a faster way to get through combat. Specially when there's like 20 enemies to wait for, even on x4 speed.

My tank is just as broken as my mages. If I didn't have a global AOE, I'd still be clearing the game no problem, it'd just take longer.

Now on something different; I just tried 2 rather simple professions: quester and entertainer, turns out, they are fairly powerful despite their cheapness, one makes exploration and tavern rewards higher, which also applies to eggs, resulting in level 20+ or 10+ gene character as a chance on S rank quests, on top of making resource gathering, specifically wood and stone less intrusive to your buildwork. And makes more rewarding quests and recruits, which with more potential recruits, I can get more desirable ones, like seals and high tier evolved spirits. Simple, yet clears a good amount of annoyances.

The entertainer is very, very simple; all casual deck actions get +5 fun, higher recruit chance for yourself and everyone, which is fairly convenient for high beauty characters, doubled objective progress, which means you can get best stuff from them much quicker, all relation gains are tripled, so for 2 you would get 6, shy characters doubled after that modifier, which means a single good date will guarantee a max relation character, but also makes lover trait, which is otherwise not too efficient to use otherwise, a must have in this case. The relation boost also allows you to endlessly juggle/extend the king's quests in a pinch by sending a level 6 soldier by training them via the arena master, but the normal strategy of having an team of soliders with equipment and ranking them up works as well.
Quester is one of my favorites. If you haven't tried it, I also really like the trainer profession. Being able to level everything significantly faster is pretty dope.

I should try the entertainer. If it ever comes up as the boosted option, I'll grab it.

Biologist prince is pretty insane. You WILL max out. You'll get way more skill points than you can spend, turning the prince himself into an engine of doom.
That's the one that gets extra skill points, yes? I can only really see that being useful on the prince. You can pretty easily already get whatever you want out of evo/crea's tress. If I eventually play the prince again, I'll try that one out. Might be dope.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
NG+ or challenge rank?

I call it NG+ since that's pretty standard for games after you complete one game, and go to the next new game.
(Hence: "NG+")
NG+ also typically has rewards or difficulty enhancers of some form, so it fits.

And yeah I could, but I've got OCP.
(Obsessive Complete Perfection, made-up term, but it accurately describes me.)

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
I kinda warm up to an Assassin team after Kitsune was nerfed. Rather than AoE, they get big, repeatable number. And with how they attack 3 times a turn, they quickly take down even the "Gods" at the true true end of the game with some good essence.

るlaze

Jun 21, 2020
Any one knows if there is any benefits in submitting a higher level hybrid to library instead of just straight out the egg? Other than the achievement requiring 10 lvl10+ hybrids in the first 30 days, I don't see a increase in money per day. Also tried searching through this trait to no avail.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Any one knows if there is any benefits in submitting a higher level hybrid to library instead of just straight out the egg? Other than the achievement requiring 10 lvl10+ hybrids in the first 30 days, I don't see a increase in money per day. Also tried searching through this trait to no avail.
I think you get more progress on the reward meter. Thus, access to the trait and potions faster.

るlaze

Jun 21, 2020
I think you get more progress on the reward meter. Thus, access to the trait and potions faster.
Huh, didn't pay attention to the reward progress bar. Thanks.

P.S. tested after reading your post. Yep, you are 100% right. Each level adds an additional progress points. Thanks again for the quick reply.

imelman

May 15, 2018
It is kind of hard to continue a NG+ game when you've got challenge ranks to unlock.
Even after reaching the rank 10 of challenges, I still feel playing the long game rather than starting over and doing something else is fairly boring when you already have the victory devices at hand. At very least the challenges teach you to play through both risk and safety, trying to get the best of the best and wasting as less time as possible.

Though nowadays, I climb it by rushing the alternative ending, because the earlier you unlock the portals, the easier the fights will be - sure you end up skipping the boss fight, but that's exactly because by rushing it, you have only the force to fight through the enemies, but not the boss itself, for rather obvious reasons.

So far, when the very first unstable portal has like, 8+ hostility on higher challenge ranks, not counting the openings that make it even harder unless you have mounts/forms, you pretty much have to take traits/professions that ensure the early advantage to keep up with it. Right now I'm at a point where enemies start with 2(4 with armored)armor, a lot of early game things as a result have to be power played, but mid-late game, assuming you are in the lead, not too much.

I hope the patience to climb further ranks will be rewarded by an achievement(s), since not everyone can do it, let alone the patience to do so.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes