W65

May 31, 2018
How the fuck do you handle special portals? the kind where you're jumpning between tiles of light in a black void?

I can't see an exit and half of the time I just lock myself off on an inaccessible path and have to reload.

edit: As far as I can see there's no way to progress through the level any futher, only way out is the emergency teleport that loses your entire party, several of which are unique characters, and all of my saves are inside this damn maze.

Thank god I packed a teleport rune.
I sure hope 'first encounter' wasn't important, because that event is totally fucked now.
Always be moving "right," I think. I don't bother with them.

This strikes me as one of those games where it's best to have a fresh save before you do anything important, different, or unusual.

TheUser19

Jun 5, 2017
Can someone upload a evolution and/or creation save game with all the forms unlocked? :FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan:

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017

V0.8.3.0 Windows
V0.8.3.1 BugFixes + Linux version:
- trait based stat modifiers weren't saved (should be restored, when loading a 0.8.3.0 save, some traits may apply bonuses again)
- an unachievable achievements was listed
- some changes: reduced road costs; crystal resource building now costs crystals but less gold
Windows:

Linux:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheUser19

Jun 5, 2017
Can someone upload a evolution and/or creation save game with all the forms unlocked? I can't get the hang of those.

Last edited:

BlazeWizard

Oct 5, 2018
Can we make the difficulty of the random event ambushes to be less dangerous at low levels. I started a game and hit the first portal (the one the king wants you to investigate) after picking up some armor. Managed to win over a centaur (i had beast and plant to start with) and came across a cave to investigate. The resulting worm ambush was not only overwhelming but a worm strategically spawned right next to my Mc to prevent any chance of escaping as movement on mountain tiles favors them and they'll just move in and auto attack so you/re constantly being threatened. Maybe at higher levels this is doable, but at Portal Difficulty 2 this just seems like a giant "Fuck You" to the player.

Last edited:

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Can we make the difficulty of the random event ambushes to be less dangerous at low levels. I started a game and hit the first portal (the one the king wants you to investigate) after picking up some armor. Managed to win over a centaur (i had beast and plant to start with) and came across a cave to investigate. The resulting worm ambush was not only overwhelming but a worm strategically spawned right next to my Mc to prevent any chance of escaping as movement on mountain tiles favors them and they'll just move in and auto attack so you/re constantly being threatened. Maybe at higher levels this is doable, but at Portal Difficulty 2 this just seems like a giant "Fuck You" to the player.
Difficulty 2 as first portal is bad idea. You should have stabilized difficulty 0 portal at the start where you can get some easy allies fast. Getting healer and someone with high lust attack, like succubus, makes game way easier.
I would also recommend getting lightfox (lymean+beatsgirl) and pegasus (centaur+harpy) as soon as you can, first one is great all rounder with vision bonuses and decreases chance of ambushes while pegasus brings down traveling time to 5 minutes on almost all terrain.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
If you start a game with a difficulty of <100%, but then edit it back up to 100% via save-editor, would that allow you to unlock things?

Failing that, is there any way to use cheat-engine to give yourself more stat-points in chargen?

Normally I wouldn't care, but constantly having to restart every time the game updates is getting on my nerves.

Last edited:

BlazeWizard

Oct 5, 2018
Well, the problem with that event is the following:

1) It is the first King's Quest so the player is encouraged to enter it ASAP to stave off death by quests. Yes, it is difficulty 2, but with a healer and fighter type ally, you can actually do every combat you run into (maybe not skulls? But TBH I don't really see a reason to hit skull tiles). I even took on the dragon event with some hassle.
2) the worms ignore lust attacks, so that succubus you are toting around just becomes a squishy attacker.
3) Pegasus doesn't help with the event, since map movement doesn't translate to combat movement.
4) Due to enemy numbers, placement (why is the MC always put in the middle of the map?) and coupled with the inequality of movement speeds between the enemy and you, you cannot get away long enough to run from the map.
5) I don't know if anti-ambush skills apply to event "ambush" rates, rather just ambush rates for moving like normal through a map.

If this is supposed to be an elite fight, then hint at it in the event box saying something like, "Dangerous creatures are known to inhabit caves." If it isn't meant to be an elite fight, then tie the number of worm spawns with the Map's Difficulty. If the other combats are throwing three, sometimes four, then don't have it chuck more at the player.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
constantly having to restart every time the game updates is getting on my nerves.
This is why I've stopped playing this game. I don't like wasting my time, and having saved games invalidated on almost every update is seriously annoying. You spend a week playing the game, finally get to a point where things are getting interesting, and then you have to start over again because the update is incompatible. Or you can keep playing an old version, and ignore knowing that there are new features that drastically change how the game plays. Design-the-game-as-you-go is a crappy experience for players. Redesigning it over and over is even worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
If you start a game with a difficulty of <100%, but then edit it back up to 100% via save-editor, would that allow you to unlock things?

Failing that, is there any way to use cheat-engine to give yourself more stat-points in chargen?

Normally I wouldn't care, but constantly having to restart every time the game updates is getting on my nerves.
Yeah, its annoying. That's one of reasons why I am playing outdated version, because I want to unlock things before moving on.
You can use saveeditonline.com to change character genes. I would just set up game that your mc gets 30 starting points and select some interesting traits while editiing genes with save editor. Get some traits that are not possible to obtain via muutagen potion, like potential and adaptable.

Well, the problem with that event is the following:

1) It is the first King's Quest so the player is encouraged to enter it ASAP to stave off death by quests. Yes, it is difficulty 2, but with a healer and fighter type ally, you can actually do every combat you run into (maybe not skulls? But TBH I don't really see a reason to hit skull tiles). I even took on the dragon event with some hassle.
2) the worms ignore lust attacks, so that succubus you are toting around just becomes a squishy attacker.
3) Pegasus doesn't help with the event, since map movement doesn't translate to combat movement.
4) Due to enemy numbers, placement (why is the MC always put in the middle of the map?) and coupled with the inequality of movement speeds between the enemy and you, you cannot get away long enough to run from the map.
5) I don't know if anti-ambush skills apply to event "ambush" rates, rather just ambush rates for moving like normal through a map.

If this is supposed to be an elite fight, then hint at it in the event box saying something like, "Dangerous creatures are known to inhabit caves." If it isn't meant to be an elite fight, then tie the number of worm spawns with the Map's Difficulty. If the other combats are throwing three, sometimes four, then don't have it chuck more at the player.
1) Oh, I think that I either failed it or didn't get to it (I am playing on very long) then since I don't remember entering event portals at start of game. Hell, I didn't realize that king quests were a thing until 20 days in game, playing druid has its perks.
2) Yeah, I didn't recommend succubus for that particular situation, just in general.
3) Like before that was just general recommendation. Also before someone says that pegasus doesn't work, you need it to be one size higher than other biggest party member.
4) If you enter high difficulty portal when you are under prepared you need to take into account that you might lose.
5) I think it only applies to movement ambushes. You can avoid event ambush by selecting right option, right?

I understand your frustration at that fight, I got myself into something very simliar at the start (funnily enough it was also enormous worm), but in the end you could have avoid it. I've seen only 2 event ambushes so far, one by helping random monstergirl and other one when looting abandoned camp, which it warns that it might be ambush if memory serves me right.
You could also just sacrifice main charater, it's not like it can die.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
Hello Syvaron,

after quite some time enjoying your awesome game I found some minor issues with the hatchery (I play this time the Prince - male)

as you can see there are 2 eggs which I cant finish to hatch. Both (the 1. & 2.) show the "size" as none. I got this two eggs pretty earlier on a portal tour (found them and took them home). Also an maybe issue, I could produce eggs with the AN_3 robot Girl (found her also on a portal tour^^) in the "Sex" scene (not the random G or R option).

In addition seems to be a maybe issue with the "Sex" scene with me and another human girl, they also produce eggs (with the crea human girl Siena from a special portal - i got her with lust stunned combat fucking and/or mind control spell - tested both).
I also got the King in the same way. I got also eggs with Siena and the King in the farm. But human/human eggs produce only random standard species after hatching after a short error message in the chat window in the lower right corner.

At least I wanna thank you again for your awesome game. I love it :)

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Question (maybe someone already answered in the previous pages if a question was made, though I don't know when): the dev plans on adding some art in the future? I mean, at least some generic one for the scenes and such (obviously other than what is already inside)? Or it will be 'till completition text only?
Thank you for your replies c:

Last edited:

W65

May 31, 2018
Question (maybe someone already answered in the previous pages if a question was made, though I don't know when): the dev plans on adding some art in the future? I mean, at least some generic one for the scenes and such (obviously other than what is already inside)? Or it will be 'till completition text only?
Thank you for your replies c:
I have no idea, but I'll reply anyway. The dynamic sex training thing, though, would be kinda tough to add images for, considering the number of combinations they'd have to draw. Was that the thing you were thinking about? Unique NPC interactions have been slowly accumulating art, and then there's the dancing thing in the brothel, and then some of the NPC events I'm pretty sure have been getting new art.

I think the dev is one guy, meaning he (she or it, I dunno) is doing his own art. So I'm guessing they have an awful lot of juggling to do between game design stuff, the coding and other work in the toolkit, and then producing new art.

I kinda wish they'd started with a little bit less ambitious of a game. Trying to program and balance the whole tactical RPG combat engine is an awful lot of extra work for one dude on top of generating content. The art's fantastic, but it kinda takes a backseat to the actual gameplay. I mean, I spend MUCH more time fooling around in combat and managing equipment than anything else in the game. It's a shame, since I like the art much more than the gameplay.

EDIT: I oughta say that I actually do like tactical RPGs in general. I have a hard time expressing exactly why the combat in this one feels so tedious and unsatisfying. It may just be how much of it has to be done. I mean, in addition to the marked encounters on the hex map, there are also random encounters, and there are also encounters that can happen on the "!" event hexes. I'm usually not the kind of RPG player that complains about random encounters, but in most games I can feasibly run away from random encounters without losing all the stuff I'm carrying.

I dunno. I feel like either an AI setting for party members or even an "auto-resolve" option for combat would be really welcome. There just aren't many tactical RPGs that I can remember that have random encounters. If they do, they don't happen nearly as often as they do in this one. Maybe I'm taking entirely the wrong approach to building combat teams. Then again, I usually just cheat up a super-god-MC with dozens of AP and finish combat in one round--and I STILL feel like I spend too much time fighting stuff. I may just be getting old and impatient.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Is there any special hybrids other than Niad and Forest stalker?
Yes, several. Read this thread and you'll see them mentioned in several posts. This thread only has 19 pages, so if you start from the end and work backwards it won't take you but a couple of minutes to find what you're looking for.

PS - As a general rule it's highly advised to read threads before posting in them as quite often a question you may have has already been asked and answered by others before you.

Last edited:
Reactions: noname009

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Yes, several. Read this thread and you'll see them mentioned in several posts. This thread only has 19 pages, so if you start from the end and work backwards it won't take you but a couple of minutes to find what you're looking for.

PS - As a general rule it's highly advised to read threads before posting in them as quite often a question you may have has already been asked and answered by others before you.
Actually, a list of all hybrids would be a nice thing to have. There's a handful of mentions scattered through the thread but none are actually complete or comprehensive.

Also, 19 pages is kind of a lot given how much of it is pure trash or irreverent now because it was based on old versions of the game.

It's not like he's asking how to activate console commands for the 40th time, it's actually a decent question.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
These are the special hybrids I have in my notes (compiled over the past several months by reading this thread), which may not be all of the ones in the game.

ForestStalker: Succubus/PlantGirl + LizardGirl ... or Succubus/PlantGirl + PlantGirl/LizardGirl
Naiad: Lymean/PlantGirl + Mermaid ... or Siren (Lymean/Mermaid) + PlantGirl
WaterAngel: LightLizard (Lymean/LizardGirl) + Mermaid ... or Naga (LizardGirl/Mermaid) + Lymean
FireDragonGirl: FireLizard (LizardGirl/LavaGirl) + Harpy ... or DragonGirl (LizardGirl/Harpy) + LavaGirl
DemonBeast: Lavagirl + CatGirl (Succubus/BeastGirl) ... or FireBeast (LavaGirl/BeastGirl) + Succubus
Satyr: CowGirl (Centaur/Succubus) + BeastGirl
True Unicorn: Unicorn (Lymean/Centaur) + Centaur

W65

May 31, 2018
These are the special hybrids I have in my notes (compiled over the past several months by reading this thread), which may not be all of the ones in the game.

ForestStalker: Succubus/PlantGirl + LizardGirl ... or Succubus/PlantGirl + PlantGirl/LizardGirl
Naiad: Lymean/PlantGirl + Mermaid ... or Siren (Lymean/Mermaid) + PlantGirl
WaterAngel: LightLizard (Lymean/LizardGirl) + Mermaid ... or Naga (LizardGirl/Mermaid) + Lymean
FireDragonGirl: FireLizard (LizardGirl/LavaGirl) + Harpy ... or DragonGirl (LizardGirl/Harpy) + LavaGirl
DemonBeast: Lavagirl + CatGirl (Succubus/BeastGirl) ... or FireBeast (LavaGirl/BeastGirl) + Succubus
Satyr: CowGirl (Centaur/Succubus) + BeastGirl
True Unicorn: Unicorn (Lymean/Centaur) + Centaur
I was going to go and do this, but now I don't have to. Thank you for saving me (and others) the work.

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
Let me start by echoing the frustration with excessive combat and other micromanagement in this game. However the game definitely has something that draws me to it despite the frustrations. It's probably its uniqueness. Regardless of my frustrations I am very impressed with a single developer pulling off such an ambitious project.

I started messing with 7.x version and would have given up if not for this forum, thanks people. I started to get some basics working such as resolving my financial difficulties with a few well trained prostitutes and was able to breed a few new characters. I still was not clear what my breeding priorities should be, or even how exactly the breeding worked, but it was a start. Given that it was a learning run I wanted to start clean anyway when I downloaded a new 8.3.1 version. Wow, did I get on the wrong foot with this one or is the balance is all different now? I am constantly teetering on the verge of financial ruin and juggling money, exhaustion and quests. It feels like the progress is just too glacial now. And now there is the new breeding mechanics...

Breeding to me is the most fascinating and unique part of the game and the reason for the post, but also the one that I understand the least. Unfortunately with the new mechanics it seems almost impossible to experiment with it now, at least not while having to micromanage a thousand other things in a day. Before, I could just accumulate 5 speed-up points and breed something in one go. Now I have to leave my better characters in the farm for weeks, and I am yet to hatch a single egg. I got one as a reward, but it was one of the size none as someone mentioned, so it did not hatch, and my first breeding pair is still at it in the farm. I suspect that I'd get bored with the micromanagement before I figure something out. Hence my questions.

- What are your early priorities for breeding, better genes, higher level, traits, unique hybrids?
- Are there endgame goals for breeding or just more of the above?
- Do you regularly cull your character pool not to run out of money/food? What's the best/most efficient way, tavern, library, something else? Do you just dismiss some of them not to bother?
- I saw several mentions of potions in regards to breeding, what are they? How do you apply them (in town, or is there a control on the farm screen that I did not see)?

I probably did not progress very far in the game yet, but the new breeding mechanics making it slower seems like a step in the wrong direction to me. What I feel the game really needs is more sense of progression and some balancing of the features that it has, not more complexity or impediments. But overall it is already quite an impressive game considering that only one person is working on it.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes