ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Evolution you can buy it as a Skill Node in Lava Girl Skill Tree.
Also in Chimera Form if you get enough Lava Traits you can also use it there.
Not sure how you got it on Creation.
Light Shape is unique to light spirits and there is no way to transfer skills to MC.
Light Shape can be acquired by any MC via an event in town. Creation can unlock MeteorStorm in her skill tree, but that only lets her put it on created/adapted units.

Last edited:

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
I can have it on Creation but it seems that Evolution has MUCH ,much better stats than Creation or am I mistaken?
Creation's genes affect her stat gain, so if you want high stats on her you need to spend a lot more points on startup. I'd also suggest changing her lvl type as soon as possible if needed (Rowan starts already with str type, I think). In particular, Evo's max lust is punishingly low due to lack of Lust gene scaling (max lust scales much more strongly than other stats).

And then deal damage with "shadow wave" and "Magic Missle" with "windshaper" trait for bigger AoEs. Dealing 300,400,500 dmg (with levle 30+ characters, and 10+ magic charges turn one).
Just fyi, Magic Missile will only hit each enemy at most once, and only up to 10 enemies no matter how many charges.

Last edited:

Babbaba

Nov 16, 2019
Is there a proper guide anywhere for this game? The in game explanations tutorials are some of the worst pieces of information I have ever read and I cannot for the life of me figure out how anything in this game works.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
And of course, farming bosses using giant hunter as soon as possible is pretty much a requirement if you want to survive 10+ challenge ranks where you really need that gear as soon as possible to tip the scales back in your favor.
Never done that particular strategy, and done plenty of 20+ challenge ranks so I think there's more variety available for you to discover.

The new creature, eleoxotl, is a lightning support that is weak, but can give actions to allies damaged by electric damage, including volt sword passive effect, though they have to take health damage, so if they get shields via passive abilities and so on, that means no bonus, though its rarity makes it hard to get one that is high enough level to stick around, though their lack of growth on durability or offense makes it a moot point. Still, if you combine it with a unique shadow character that has insulated trait which reduced lightning damage by 75%, and has abilities that damage everyone that is on water, suddenly you have a character combo that will kill anyone within range as long they have mana to spare and water to spread around.
Elexolotl has a special feature where it has a vastly increased chance to appear on day 0. Insulated actually replaces your defensive (aka egg) type's lightning damage modifier with a hard coded 0.5. I suppose for a water type that would look like a 75% reduction, but there are units that won't see any benefit at all. This differs from the Heat Resistant genetic trait, which multiplies your existing fire damage modifier by a further 0.5. Lightning damage also does double damage to anyone on a water tile. As for the volt blade's passive, it scales with mg so if you do luck into an Elexolotl you can tank your mg stat with traits and basically get infinite regular attacks.

you can literally upgrade your way to max gene characters early on
If that's all you want, 4th MC characters can start with max genetics using evolved and HiddenPower. With the hatcher perk as well, you can literally hatch characters with max genetics on day 0. If you use one of the two guardians (Veila/Alt. Avy), you can even absorb a ton of amazing genetic traits from your starters using soul drain or even the (usually awful) bloodline trait to ensure full 10s.

For shapeshifter, it allows you to change element types for attack/defense, which also affects egg results, but you cannot put crystal/true ones, let alone back, so if a character that has crystal type/true damage as a base gets changed, well, no more getting it back unless you fuse/breed it. Elemental lock modifier makes it really useful to have in order to mitigate its disadvantage though, in normal games it takes plenty of points that better be spent on improving yourself.
Evo's type shifting is way better than you're giving credit for here. Just being able to switch attack types to something like lightning is amazing -- water terraforming is abundant and cheap, especially with item upgrading giving extra uses and range to the water hammer.

For defensive types, it enables a large amount of truly broken synergy. There's a lot of abilities and bonuses that check egg (defensive) type. For example, the Bee Queen's onCombatStart passive gives all Floral units on your team 5 magic charges. Bee Queens have a normal type, but you can change them to Floral and then fill an entire team with them to give them all 20-30 magic charges (x2-3 magic).

For creator, it gives a skill that summons 6 tentacles, which is good, but only if you can get that much slime tiles, meaning in cases where you cannot have slime as soon as possible like the unknown character, it is not really that great of a skill, especially if your strategy doesn't involve slime characters, which is very likely considering the changing nature of the gameplay.
This one can be tricky to use, but it's extremely strong when set up well. Two tips: 1) Creation gets a special consumable in her crafting menu called the slime bomb. It's a 0 AP (free action) that creates slime in combat (and some other useful things like slowing an enemy or summoning a tentacle).

2) You can terraform tiles on the OW into slime pretty easily. This makes the entire battlefield start out completely covered. Any unit with inherit SlimeTrail onMove passive has an OWSkill that can terraform even tiles enemies are standing on into slime (placing a Hive will also do this, but Hives don't change water or a few other special tile types).

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021
Is there a proper guide anywhere for this game? The in game explanations tutorials are some of the worst pieces of information I have ever read and I cannot for the life of me figure out how anything in this game works.
I got this general beginner guide, but do you have any specific aspect that you have question on? The others are more knowledgeable on specific then me.

Babbaba

Nov 16, 2019
I got this general beginner guide, but do you have any specific aspect that you have question on? The others are more knowledgeable on specific then me.
Like, I understand general concepts of the game and ideas. There's breeding, combat, fusions, transformations, and all that, but the underlying concepts and ideas are not explained very well at all. The game will tell you you can do a thing like change your base form with other monster parts, but it doesn't really explain smaller things like what does "Plant: 4" mean, what am I sacrificing if I transform, is there any drawback to transforming, what does increasing a base level do and should I just always do that, what are the drawbacks to just fusing shit, etc?

There are so many features and concepts in this game and there is an absolute minimum of explanation or examples that I'm kinda forced to just guess and maybe understand how something works or doesn't.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Chimera form can be a little complicated. I've seen people recommend against messing with it early on in the discord.

Unfortunately, a lot of the example questions in your post really do have answers that are only marginally easier to have explained than just trying it out. What are the downsides to just fusing shit? It costs stamina, maybe crystals, you go down by one in unit count, you can't ritual fused units, fused units are initialized (no exp, relation, etc), you might not be able to keep all the traits you want... How important each of those factors can vary by a lot.

Have you looked at the in-game library? If that's still not enough, the discord is full of information.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuniX

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
There are so many features and concepts in this game and there is an absolute minimum of explanation or examples that I'm kinda forced to just guess and maybe understand how something works or doesn't.
that's it the game is all about experimenting it only really tells you the bare basics a good place to start off learning the game pick oriel then do the tutorial for the free shit yuri gives you then hit down a save so you can reload and mess around with all the different systems without any problems or delay so you can work out strats, there's really no wrong way to play for example take the simple bird you can easily find and if you wanted to you could use the breeding system to get one with max genes then use the fusion system to get one with the right level type and skills then your end up with some super bird that's ridiculously strong

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
I feel like Prince is probably the easiest to get started with (barring Oriel) and afterwards you can graduate to Evo and Create

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
This is more of a game where you have to have open the Wiki, or be fine with experimenting and figuring it out yourself.
But that is part of the fun of the game to test things out.

There is some things you Need to learn to be successful/survive. The Sex Training and Brothel System, the Dating Card System, the Combat.
But other then that you can just have fun and try things out.

Reactions: 4notherRandomGuy

FluffyKnight

Jun 30, 2020
I am doing a normal run with Evo now after an initial Free Play run and I have several questions.

1. How do you strengthen characters like Uniques, Impures or the Kitsune (give them higher levels and better traits)? You can probably breed or fuse some of them, but it's not going to work for Uniques and infertile ones.

2. What is the best use of spirits? I know the Crystal Girl can make crystals and some work well in a team focused on an element (like Celestials in a shadow team), but they feel like a waste of exp otherwise.

3. Is the "Advanced Form" useless after you unlock the God Form on Evo? Do they interact with each other?

4. The wiki mentions capturing the Kitsune boss, but using Mind Control or seduction didn't work. Is it actually possible?

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
1. You can fuse uniques and infertile units, just not town NPCs. There are less options for strengthening units without fusing/breeding, but there's still plenty. Mostly consumable items, but there's some events, training, relationship quests, date effects, rebirth, marriage, gear, essences, and so on.

2. Most Elite spirits are pretty strong. Spirits are also good for fusing -- especially with uniques since they don't affect the resulting species.

3. idk about useless, but God form is certainly a powerful option. They don't interact.

4. Yes, but you need a specific artifact called the MindBender.

Reactions: FluffyKnight

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
1. How do you strengthen characters like Uniques, Impures or the Kitsune (give them higher levels and better traits)? You can probably breed or fuse some of them, but it's not going to work for Uniques and infertile ones.
Uniques are a problem since they can lose some of their special abilities and skills, Town NPCs you can't fuse at all.
If they are Level 1 you can put them on farm with Gene Adapter to slowly grow their Genes.
You have King's Potion that raise their Level Cap and there is some Essences or Potions that raise that cap further.
For Impures and Kitsune you can just fuse them with Spirits.
2. What is the best use of spirits? I know the Crystal Girl can make crystals and some work well in a team focused on an element (like Celestials in a shadow team), but they feel like a waste of exp otherwise.
Crystal Girls are Not a Spirit. Spirits are mostly used for Fusing since they don't change the species, including keeping the Uniques.
As for in battles they are used for terrain manipulation and utility.
The problem is without Synergist they do not give Species Team Bonus and even then you only get one.
3. Is the "Advanced Form" useless after you unlock the God Form on Evo? Do they interact with each other?
Advance form you have control on what Stat Distribution and Multipliers you want.
Like you can keep stacking Magic and add a Meteor Storm on it for some easy sweeping.
Shadow with Telekinetic might also Out-DPS on single targets.

Reactions: FluffyKnight

FluffyKnight

Jun 30, 2020
Thank you for the responses. Is it possible to improve the genes of spirits? For example, can I get a spirit with very high magic and mana for fusing? Or would I use them to just increase the level cap and add some traits I want and use the gene adapter to grow the genes?

Btw, about the Kings Potion, I am not going to get any anymore if I killed the king, right?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Thank you for the responses. Is it possible to improve the genes of spirits? For example, can I get a spirit with very high magic and mana for fusing? Or would I use them to just increase the level cap and add some traits I want and use the gene adapter to grow the genes?
Spirits are creatures that can breed, it's just that they can only do so with another of the same spirit at the same stage of evolution and the right sex.
Spirits with their ability to reshape are nice to get some genes and max level.
Once you get Catalyst and the ability to adapt spirits you can do all kinds of things.
Spirits like nymphs can also breed with other species.

Setting up a max gene spirit breeding farm is usually my go to breeding strategy.
Some MC are more easier than others to do that. For Evo and Druid that is the main strategy.

Btw, about the Kings Potion, I am not going to get any anymore if I killed the king, right?
It doesn't really matter that much since it's capped to level 15 anyway, and it's only in some cases that you can't fuse to get to a higher level.
King's potions are just something you can have on hand that can be used for cheap.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019

Spirit genes are based on the magic of the summoner (divided by 2 iirc), but can also be improved by skill tree nodes of the three primary MCs -- usually those nodes are called Spirit Genes or the like. (Those only affect newly created spirits.)

Gene Adapter is an extremely slow, limited tool -- I've personally never used it even a single time.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Spirit genes are based on the magic of the summoner (divided by 2 iirc), but can also be improved by skill tree nodes of the three primary MCs -- usually those nodes are called Spirit Genes or the like. (Those only affect newly created spirits.)

Gene Adapter is an extremely slow, limited tool -- I've personally never used it even a single time.
That is correct, yes.

And just for fun, Evo's hybrid form combined with the spirited genes nodes lets you pretty easily get your magic high enough that you can spawn spirits that have all 9's and 10's for their genes. Saves *a lot* of time with combines.

The other way to improve spirits is using the catalyst perk and fusing them together to increase their stats of combine perks.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
With the Druid, another possibility instead of Spirit is to use Seedling. Seedlings can be fused normally without Catalyst

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
With the Druid, another possibility instead of Spirit is to use Seedling. Seedlings can be fused normally without Catalyst
But then you need Catalyst to fuse it to a regular unit unless you evolve it to a humanoid. Also, Creation gets seedlings too (if you take the right skill node), and is actually better in some ways at summoning them due to her superior potential for magic.

Seedlings get bonus genes equal to magic instead of magic/2, and come with a genetic max level equal to your magic too. So they're great for fusing creatures if you have the tamer profession (which enables fusing any creature to any other).

Creation is supposed to be able to summon tentacles in a similar way on the Overworld (inside portals), but there's a bug that prevents the genes from scaling correctly atm.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes