Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
But then you need Catalyst to fuse it to a regular unit unless you evolve it to a humanoid. Also, Creation gets seedlings too (if you take the right skill node), and is actually better in some ways at summoning them due to her superior potential for magic.
Eh, I just paste the gene onto some unit with Blood magic, and then I fuse those units with those genes to create a super unit. You need to kill the king though. It is very easy to create a max gene seedlings with max level 20 and all good traits to SACRIFICE away.

In some way, it is arguably faster than a spirit because a Seedling increase their level by 4 each evolution (with skill) rather than 3 like Spirits. With Intelligent (which is good for a mage character anyway), a fused Seedling get X3 (+200% XP) the amount of XP instead so it is quite quick to get a max level Seedling for Sacrifice

Reactions: DuniX

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Eh, I just paste the gene onto some unit with Blood magic, and then I fuse those units with those genes to create a super unit. You need to kill the king though. It is very easy to create a max gene seedlings with max level 20 and all good traits to SACRIFICE away.

In some way, it is arguably faster than a spirit because a Seedling increase their level by 4 each evolution (with skill) rather than 3 like Spirits. With Intelligent (which is good for a mage character anyway), a fused Seedling get X3 (+200% XP) the amount of XP instead so it is quite quick to get a max level Seedling for Sacrifice
Interesting. I've never used blood magic before so I'm not familiar with the mechanics, but it sounds more useful than I had assumed.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Interesting. I've never used blood magic before so I'm not familiar with the mechanics, but it sounds more useful than I had assumed.
Blood magic is great for Town NPCs and Uniques as you get all the traits and genes you want on them.
It's like fusing but without the tradeoffs.

kandur

Jul 26, 2019
What is the easiest way to power level all the sex skills for date cards?
Something you can click through without paying much attention.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Sleep/Brothel work if you have the time/stm to burn.

If you have plenty of units, you can open sex training in the home (space bar), choose yourself, a body part and then mindlessly click down the list doing one thing with each unit.

(Note: MC levels of sex skills also boost sex skill growth for all other units in addition to providing date deck points)

Last edited:

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Basically you sacrifice a Seedling to any units. They get all the Seedlings' gene and traits. So at the start you quickly fuse out several Seedlings with max magic and level then up quickly until they have max level 20 gene. Then you just sacrifice them to any base unit of your choosing to get them max level 20 and max magic gene. With that unit you can do whatever you want, either use them as a breeder or fusion material.

After you can take a bunch of trash seedlings, add traits to them and Fuse them, and sacrifice them again to the strong unit you want for the unit to get all the traits you want

Reactions: DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The best bang for your buck in terms of sex xp is the sex training mini-game simply because you can do multiple things at the same time.
But it depends on the partner what positions are available.

As for actually raising your skill caps of your MC is the sex training option at the farm, but it's not that good for sex xp.
I find other sources of sex xp pretty limited.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
The best bang for your buck in terms of sex xp is the sex training mini-game simply because you can do multiple things at the same time.
But it depends on the partner what positions are available.

As for actually raising your skill caps of your MC is the sex training option at the farm, but it's not that good for sex xp.
I find other sources of sex xp pretty limited.
The farm won't raise the MC's skill caps (beyond getting credit for one species). The MC has a special system for that. To raise the cap by one level, they must use that body part with a certain number (increasing by one every level) of distinct species. You can see your progress on the caps and the actual levels for each body part from the sex training menu at home. (Species can be reused each level cap, so you basically need to find one more partner each time).

The reason I said brothel work is because between gloryhole and gangbang you get credit for a bunch of randomized body part X species pairings.

Likewise, that's why I said you can also go down your list of units using the "quick" sex-training option at home.

When it comes to actually leveling up your sex skills (assuming you have a large cap to reach for), the best bet imo is dating itself because it doesn't cost any MC stamina and you'll have spent a bunch of stamina raising your caps already probably. It doesn't do a ton for raising your caps because all the actions are with the same species (+/- some location events), but it gives plenty of raw xp.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The farm won't raise the MC's skill caps (beyond getting credit for one species). The MC has a special system for that.
If it's paired it does, in perpetuity, which is why it's so good option.
It even increases the cap even if you aren't at max level yet.
Just check the option and you will see.
When it comes to actually leveling up your sex skills (assuming you have a large cap to reach for), the best bet imo is dating itself because it doesn't cost any MC stamina and you'll have spent a bunch of stamina raising your caps already probably.
Dating still costs time, so if you are maximizing for that the Sex Training mini-game is your best bet even if it costs some stamina.

Last edited:

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
If it's paired it does, in perpetuity, which is why it's so good option.
It even increases the cap even if you aren't at max level yet.
Just check the option and you will see.

Dating still costs time, so if you are maximizing for that the Sex Training mini-game is your best bet even if it costs some stamina.
The mini-game also takes time. (about as much as a full length date even -- 2 hours)

But yeah, I checked and you're right. It's adding the same species over over again. Not sure if it's supposed to, but this function is only ever called here so it might be I guess.

That said, waiting an entire day to add a single species of progress feels really slow to me. You can just do quick sex training for like 4 stm and 10 minutes to get the same progress.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
That said, waiting an entire day to add a single species of progress feels really slow to me. You can just do quick sex training for like 4 stm and 10 minutes to get the same progress.
You can do both.
And it's just something you can leave on and forget for a while and you aren't as bottlenecked by species.
And it's +1 for all the parts, trying to add 1 point of progress to all the parts is a good chunk of time and stamina, you usually have better things to do for that time and stamina.
Not sure if it's supposed to, but this function is only ever called here so it might be I guess.
It's how you raise the sex caps for the other characters so it makes sense to work that way.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
It's how you raise the sex caps for the other characters so it makes sense to work that way.
It would be more convincing if the other way you raise caps (the mini game) did something similar, but it doesn't really matter either way.

Still a good tip, and it led me to find a different bug (just a species mixup) which is always nice.

kandur

Jul 26, 2019
Figured it out. You just keep clicking on the Customer option in the Brothel and it will raise all of your stats. It costs 200 each time but at this point I have literal millions so...

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Figured it out. You just keep clicking on the Customer option in the Brothel and it will raise all of your stats. It costs 200 each time but at this point I have literal millions so...
I never used that option but that makes sense.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
I don't understand the whole conversation about sex training and brothel? Do you really need to do that? Personally, I have never done any of those myself in a play through. It feels weird. I have no problem with challenge 10+ though perhaps that's because Prince doesn't level with sex

datarelay

Jun 8, 2021
At this point Syvaron should just stop coding more mechanics and more different gameplay, and just focus on more art. A lot more art. We all know why we play this kind of games. Come on bro.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I don't understand the whole conversation about sex training and brothel? Do you really need to do that?
The biggest problem new players have is getting used to the combat. They can easily get screwed by the starters.
Without the Combat there is no Arena and there is no Portal Exploration.
You want a reliable source of money for equipment and possibility recruiting from the tavern if your starters are a waste. That is the Brothel.
That and Dating and your Card Deck also depends upon your sex skills if you want to recruit the Town NPCs.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
I don't understand the whole conversation about sex training and brothel? Do you really need to do that? Personally, I have never done any of those myself in a play through. It feels weird. I have no problem with challenge 10+ though perhaps that's because Prince doesn't level with sex
No, you don't need to. Someone asked how to do a thing (gather date deck skill points without having to try very hard), so we discussed it. Doesn't mean that thing they wanted to do is somehow essential. I don't think anything we talked about varies much based on MC, but there's a wide variety of viable strategies.

It is definitely possible to get some serious value out of specific date deck strategies, and to build the decks for them, skill points are needed. So, there is value in knowing these things, but we weren't even really talking about the best way to do them on high CR runs. I don't ever do sex training in the farm, and I rarely touch the brothel.

Ducksssss

Feb 13, 2021
Time to provide something that maybe 1% of the people want, CHEATING DOESN'T PREVENT UNLOCKABLES. Sure I can understand the balancing aspect but this is a singleplayer game, and I like to earn my achievables even if I sometimes cheat for them. This does not however prevent your score from saying you cheated, but you (should) be able to unlock everything you can without cheating, provided you are on a correct difficulty mode.

WHAT, you want to be able to unlock stuff even under 100% modifier? Alright I got you, you dirty dog, added an optional upgrade that gives easy mode a 100% modifier, ensuring you will always be able to unlock basic stuff. WHAT YOU WANT MORE TRAITS, fuck it another optional upgrade that does the same as above, but makes the starting x1 20P for both MC and Starters give you 999 points to spend, although it doesn't update in the difficulty screen.

WARNING DO NOT INSTALL WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION, IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME, most up to date for 0.25.01.
I recommend keeping a backup of your original Assembly-CSharp.dll, to install simply drag and drop your preferred cheating .dll to PortalsOfPhereon_Data\Managed In case you have the brain of a goldfish, instructions and a brief description are included in the folder(s) themselves.
-edit
Fixed not unlocking achievements that require you to win the game whilst cheating, update if that matters to you otherwise V2 is the exact same.
You are a saint. I was just thinking "I'd love to mess around in PoP again but that one mod hasn't updated in a while."

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes