clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
After looking it up in the thread more than once I remain confused: how do I make a character hunt, farm or fish? For example, I tried putting one of them to far through the farm management menu, where there's a "farm" option, but then I got the impression the game expected me to actually pair them with someone else, as in creating a bond, since there was no confirm button. For the sake of it, I did choose someone else for the right side of the interface and then the one on the left dropped automatically. I then progressed in time to check if that character would go on to farm, but it didn't. And when it comes to hunting and fishing I didn't even find an interface like that, all I found were the options to do it as an activity as the MC, i.e. spending time hunting or the fishing minigame, I can't assign that task to a character. I'm running out of food fast and it's worrying me.
For hunting and fishing: in the character panel, there's the location (brothel, far, home) and the "activity", which is set to "rest" by default. Click on "rest" to change the activity.

For farming food: create a farm pair just like you would when breeding, and choose "farming" at the bottom instead of "breeding". If choosing one side makes the other get remove, just click again to make the pair. It's not an incompatibility, just the game engine having a stroke.

I'm an expert in going broke so the taxes are killing me.
I need help on getting a steady income~~~
Brothel. There's nothing more stable than this.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
When you're looking at the character's menu, in the center above where it says the characters level and stuff, there should be a spot where it says their job, housing, pay, and location. You can click on these to change them.
For hunting and fishing: in the character panel, there's the location (brothel, far, home) and the "activity", which is set to "rest" by default. Click on "rest" to change the activity.

For farming food: create a farm pair just like you would when breeding, and choose "farming" at the bottom instead of "breeding". If choosing one side makes the other get remove, just click again to make the pair. It's not an incompatibility, just the game engine having a stroke.

Brothel. There's nothing more stable than this.
This character menu? 1616955164956.png
Other than that, there's the party window opened when clicking on "characters", but I still see no option to hunt or fish. If I click on "Farm" in the pic above, for example, it'll open a list with OTHER characters, allowing me to select one of them, which means it isn't here that I'll assign farm/hunting/fishing work for Liryvah, the dragon character in question. The second pic is the characters menu after selecting Activity, but when I click on one of the characters, hoping to change their activity as you mentioned, I'm taken to the menu in the first pic. 1616955399995.png

Daron430

May 6, 2019
This character menu? View attachment 1110272
Other than that, there's the party window opened when clicking on "characters", but I still see no option to hunt or fish. If I click on "Farm" in the pic above, for example, it'll open a list with OTHER characters, allowing me to select one of them, which means it isn't here that I'll assign farm/hunting/fishing work for Liryvah, the dragon character in question. The second pic is the characters menu after selecting Activity, but when I click on one of the characters, hoping to change their activity as you mentioned, I'm taken to the menu in the first pic. View attachment 1110277
here.png

Reactions: bartkane

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
This character menu?
Other than that, there's the party window opened when clicking on "characters", but I still see no option to hunt or fish. If I click on "Farm" in the pic above, for example, it'll open a list with OTHER characters, allowing me to select one of them, which means it isn't here that I'll assign farm/hunting/fishing work for Liryvah, the dragon character in question. The second pic is the characters menu after selecting Activity, but when I click on one of the characters, hoping to change their activity as you mentioned, I'm taken to the menu in the first pic.
When in doubt, click on stuff.

Note that any unit that is in the brothel or in the farm WILL IGNORE the activity you set for it and rest instead. Upu can't have a unit whore itself and hunt, or farm and hunt/fish.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Yo can you guys give some tips on playing Creation? I've already beaten the game on the default difficulty on very short with Evo and Druid but I have no idea how to start with Creation. For example: Is it worth corrupting your units (since it changes their max lvl to 1) or is it better to just create Tanids and breed? Are they even worth it compared to normal units? Asking those from a limited 10 day (in game :p) experience playing her so if there are any more advanced tips it'd be great ^^

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yo can you guys give some tips on playing Creation? I've already beaten the game on the default difficulty on very short with Evo and Druid but I have no idea how to start with Creation. For example: Is it worth corrupting your units (since it changes their max lvl to 1) or is it better to just create Tanids and breed? Are they even worth it compared to normal units? Asking those from a limited 10 day (in game :p) experience playing her so if there are any more advanced tips it'd be great ^^
-Corrupting units resets your unit's current level to 1, and its MAX LEVEL to the current level at the time of corruption. If you corrupt a creature that's level 13/20, you'll get a lvl 1/13 Tanid hybrid. That's very important to consider for the rituals, unless you're just in need of that 1 extra species to give to the library...
-Breeding tanids is excessively tedious. The growth rate is average, but the stability is abysmal; good luck getting >40% egg stability, get ready for a long wait to get what you want (look at the hatchery modifier that resets progress to 50% in case of hatching failure).
-Tanid units are quite unique in appearance, stats and skills, but the "spawn and buff bulbs to use after" playstyle is not viable because it takes way too much setup and combat time. The LightTanid has little mana but the highest Mag scaling in the game (2.0) so he's a solid option for the telekinetic trait/world-ender artifact although his healing spell as a 2 turns CD. The LizardTanid has very high base beauty, your chances of getting an Angelic beauty unit with the beautiful trait are high; this one's also good with 5 base armor, but the regular LizardGirl is still better for damage with its skills and passives. The BeastTanid is a solid DPS unit, but nothing out of this world either. The SuccubusTanid is one of the best seduction units in the game, but really needs the "lustbound" trait to shine.

Creation can use her power to make strong base genes units, and can get some nifty ritual bonus points easily with the corruption mechanic, but will struggle with trait banks; better raise spirits for that.
Siena also has the easiest access to Mind Control through pacts with Hebi, it's not too hard to rush in the Tanid skill tree. Careful with the -LRes though, better have the purity pre-game trait or some seriously good gear.

Nov 21, 2020
(since it changes their max lvl to 1)
Actually it changes their max level to whatever their current level is, atleast for me. So if you corrupt a character that is level 10 with a max level of 15, the corrupted version should know have a max level of 10. As for whether tanids are worth it, I've found that some of them can be very strong, but they can combo poorly with normal units that don't have flying movement since slimetiles are a slug to walk through. One of the most powerful aspect of tanids is that you can "learn" traits from other characters and pass it on to tanids without fusing/breeding, allowing for easier character optimizing.

Edit: clockwinding ninjad me smh

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Actually it changes their max level to whatever their current level is, atleast for me. So if you corrupt a character that is level 10 with a max level of 15, the corrupted version should know have a max level of 10. As for whether tanids are worth it, I've found that some of them can be very strong, but they can combo poorly with normal units that don't have flying movement since slimetiles are a slug to walk through. One of the most powerful aspect of tanids is that you can "learn" traits from other characters and pass it on to tanids without fusing/breeding, allowing for easier character optimizing.

Edit: clockwinding ninjad me smh
i swear i've begun feeling/looking like some sort of guru on this thread at some point, lmao.

Anyway i like the game so i'm all for pushing new people into being able to enjoy it too :)

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Ty for the tips y'all! I thought the corruption changes the max lvl to 1 cuz tried it at the start to see what it does and had a 1/1 unit :p But it really seems to me like at the start she's just a weaker Evo with quicker access to money making (with creating units for the brothel if I take the Beauty perk for one of my starters) and slightly better units in the long run (again with creating units)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Ty for the tips y'all! I thought the corruption changes the max lvl to 1 cuz tried it at the start to see what it does and had a 1/1 unit :p But it really seems to me like at the start she's just a weaker Evo with quicker access to money making (with creating units for the brothel if I take the Beauty perk for one of my starters) and slightly better units in the long run (again with creating units)
That's pretty accurate. But the created units aren't really stronger, their main use is to give you a missing piece for breeding hybrids and make more rituals: the genes you get from skill points, Druid and Evolution can raise by breeding just the same (and they'll get traits too, which creations don't!).

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
For legendary weapon like the frost spear can you get them in the tavern and if so at what rank (I'm rank D) or you can only get them in portal ?

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
For legendary weapon like the frost spear can you get them in the tavern and if so at what rank (I'm rank D) or you can only get them in portal ?
From what I've seen you can get them from S rank tavern quests, though they seem to drop fairly often from >8 hostility unstable portals

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
4 options :
-tavern quests rank... i dunno? it's a "legendary" item so it will pop up, i'm not sure of the minimum quest difficulty though; i'd say A and S.
-fight drop in portals. The higher the portal wealth, the better the loot. You can preview fight rewards by right-clicking on an enemy group. Enemy groups fighing each other will combine their rewards once one group has beaten the other!
-loot chests in portals. the higher the portal wealth, the better the loot. Legendary chests (orange) pop up in normal portals too, not only in unstable portals!
-Insect Queen quest has the option for random legendary items as rewards, frost spears included.

I'm not sure how much portal hostility scales loot compared to portal wealth though.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
From what I've seen you can get them from S rank tavern quests, though they seem to drop fairly often from >8 hostility unstable portals
Yeah I only found a frost spear but I didn't save so I lost it

4 options :
-tavern quests rank... i dunno? it's a "legendary" item so it will pop up, i'm not sure of the minimum quest difficulty though; i'd say A and S.
-fight drop in portals. The higher the portal wealth, the better the loot. You can preview fight rewards by right-clicking on an enemy group. Enemy groups fighing each other will combine their rewards once one group has beaten the other!
-loot chests in portals. the higher the portal wealth, the better the loot. Legendary chests (orange) pop up in normal portals too, not only in unstable portals!
-Insect Queen quest has the option for random legendary items as rewards, frost spears included.

I'm not sure how much portal hostility scales loot compared to portal wealth though.
If you have a portal with ancient in the modifier does it increase the chance to find a legendary or is it another modifier you need

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
By the way, how do you access the Insect Queen interactions and so on? Can only buy nectar and guards in the cave (if that's her that is)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
By the way, how do you access the Insect Queen interactions and so on? Can only buy nectar and guards in the cave (if that's her that is)
Yep, that's her.

Hire the Unique guard from her (Girata) and level her up to >10. A couple days later you'll have an event meeting with the Queen in her cave, and you'll unlock the quests.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes