DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
If they aren't explicitly stated to be part of the full current version, and are distributed separately by a non-developer, then yes - for all intents and purposes they are "fan made".

Imagine an illicit fan-made mod for Skyrim stopping sales of Skyrim on Steam. That's what Patreon is essentially trying to do in these cases. It's draconian and insane.
I'm not sure what you're on about.... people have bugs when playing the FULL version of the game, asking them to apply the mandatory patch {which is also the incest patch} doesn't help the case, that's what I was saying... solely referring to Kris's reasoning here, since he has the powers to suspend creators and all we have are opinions.

edit: fan made patches don't stop the game though in Skyrim, and crash the game; but in PV it does do that if you don't apply the patch
examples below... memes can be made out of these posts now. [My sincerest apologies if I may have pinged people]

Like the usual age disclaimer, the game also needs a popup at the start asking, "Do you know what mandatory means?"
yep tried it and it was that thanks you
Does this mean you're starting to understand what the word mandatory means?
Well now you've gone and jinxed it!
Now, one week before it's about to be released, WWG will mispronounce Klaatu, Verata, Nikto, when performing the mandatory necromancy spells! :eek:
Did you only download the game or did you also download the MANDATORY patch?
i got the patch and then dragged it into the folder, not sure what to do now
Did you or did you not download the mandatory patch?
I did download it... and... oh doh, I forgot to apply it.

Last edited:
Reactions: harem.king

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I'm not sure what you're on about.... people have bugs when playing the FULL version of the game, asking them to apply the mandatory patch {which is also the incest patch} doesn't help the case, that's what I was saying... solely referring to Kris's reasoning here, since he has the powers to suspend creators and all we have are opinions.
I assume Payreon likes money, which is why they're cracking down on certain kinds of content, to protect their ability to transact through PayPal etc. However, it's a foolish overreach to crack down on these patches, because there should be enough deniability to absolve Patreon of responsibility. It's not about Patreon "figuring it out"; they shouldn't even care. As long as there's no direct connection, they should just sit back and make money from these kinds of games.

Reactions: panzermaster

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
I assume Payreon likes money, which is why they're cracking down on certain kinds of content, to protect their ability to transact through PayPal etc. However, it's a foolish overreach to crack down on these patches, because there should be enough deniability to absolve Patreon of responsibility. It's not about Patreon "figuring it out"; they shouldn't even care. As long as there's no direct connection, they should just sit back and make money from these kinds of games.
they just want to stroke PayPal's cock, because they know if PayPal leaves then Patreon is the same as subscribestar [talking solely in terms of payment methods]

Reactions: ARB582

Jaga Telesin

Incestuous Harem Owner
Donor
Apr 19, 2023
I wasn't specifically referring to a prior post of yours, just the person I did target in the reply. I think the criteria I listed were fairly specific and well worded. If the mandatory patch is dev made and has incest, then Patreon has a case per their current rules. If it's not dev made but is still mandatory to play without bugs, it still doesn't violate Patreon's rules as it isn't part of the release package, and wasn't produced by the developer.

I can't tell by looking at LewdPatcher who made it, so I can't judge either way. :unsure:

From what I've read in multiple topics on F95, Patreon is attempting to extend the incest violation policy (among others) from base games to include fan-made patches. Which is of course, ludicrous, draconian, and unrealistic.

And you're right - incest and other items that violate policies on subscription platforms should be moved to fan made packages. If they're part of anything the dev does, they should just steer clear of Patreon for now. OR, find creative workarounds like allowing name/pronoun changes within the game's framework.

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
I wasn't specifically referring to a prior post of yours, just the person I did target in the reply. I think the criteria I listed were fairly specific and well worded. If the mandatory patch is dev made and has incest, then Patreon has a case per their current rules. If it's not dev made but is still mandatory to play without bugs, it still doesn't violate Patreon's rules as it isn't part of the release package, and wasn't produced by the developer.
I completely understand this and back this 100%

but Kris is running a different agenda or let's say a hunt altogether, because he has listed this forum i.e. F95zone in their official communication to WWG which was shared by dartred. What I was saying that the patreon mods don't even have to try to search far since the OP has all the info.

is this method of investigation fair by them = absolutely not.

even if it's "fan-made" WWG is directly affected by the action taken by patreon, which is ridiculous.

and then you have social media giants hiding behind - Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
I know this comparison is a bit wild but all the best to WWG, to solve this.

Reactions: Jaga Telesin

_user

Jan 16, 2022
From what I've read in multiple topics on F95, Patreon is attempting to extend the incest violation policy (among others) from base games to include fan-made patches. Which is of course, ludicrous, draconian, and unrealistic.
It's just a result of every dev skirting the rules, eventually daddy catches on to you skipping school.

Patreon has all the power in the relationship. If the dev is lucky he'll get off with a warning because let's be frank, his prints are all over the cookie jar.

BokkoBokko

Dec 18, 2022
This might be one of the slowest burns I've had to play through to get actual sex scenes, but I have to say...
This might be some of the most fun dialogue I've read in one of these Kinetic VNs.
The back and forth between the MC and pretty much every character is super funny and enjoyable.
These incest novels usually go one of 2 ways. You're either playing some control freak who's a master manipulator, or some bland spineless MC with no personality who lucks his way into pussy. I'm Glad I gave this a chance because this has easily been one of the best ones I've played so far.

Last edited:

dartred

Forum Fanatic
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It's just a result of every dev skirting the rules, eventually daddy catches on to you skipping school.

Patreon has all the power in the relationship. If the dev is lucky he'll get off with a warning because let's be frank, his prints are all over the cookie jar.
I don't know about prints. You can't prove he has anything to do with the patch and you can't prove he doesn't. After all, you can't prove something "doesn't" exist. At least not for this case.

To the bestiality in the patch comment, that actually helps his case. His game doesn't have bestiality. The patch adds in dialogue and images that don't come from his patreon release. Someone is putting that stuff into his game.

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW and DD69-1

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I don't know about prints. You can't prove he has anything to do with the patch and you can't prove he doesn't. After all, you can't prove something "doesn't" exist. At least not for this case.

To the bestiality in the patch comment, that actually helps his case. His game doesn't have bestiality. The patch adds in dialogue and images that don't come from his patreon release. Someone is putting that stuff into his game.
That's basically what's happened to the other devs as far as I know. They've all gotten their pages back after the review since they haven't actually broken the Patreon ToS. Some have made to make some small changes but nothing more.

Reactions: FFTW

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019

Getting into the details like this makes a less convincing argument. It comes across like the kid claiming he didn't eat the last cookie, while having cookie crumbs on his shirt. It's ultimately a losing strategy.

I think a more effective argument is to focus only on the fact that there's no link between the content on Patreon and the content on F95. It's called "plausible deniability". Could WWG have made the offending content? Maybe! But that doesn't mean he did, and without direct evidence that should be good enough for Patreon.

Just to be on the safe side, I think the word "official" should be removed from this thread's title, it could be misconstrued as being directly supported by WWG.

dartred

Forum Fanatic
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I agree. Official needs to be removed. It makes it sound like WWG shared the game here directly. Maybe change the title to "full". i know it's there because there's a beta and then official release, but in this context it could be the cause of why WWG is in hot water with patreon.

beegemgeege

May 10, 2017
I agree. Official needs to be removed. It makes it sound like WWG shared the game here directly. Maybe change the title to "full". i know it's there because there's a beta and then official release, but in this context it could be the cause of why WWG is in hot water with patreon.
UncleVT

pinkie96

May 12, 2017
Have we seen Drew talk about David at all? This dialogue seems like evidence that Drew's relationship with David was an assignment by Hunter that ended in disaster
S1.JPG
S2.JPG

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Have we seen Drew talk about David at all? This dialogue seems like evidence that Drew's relationship with David was an assignment by Hunter that ended in disaster
View attachment 3908662
View attachment 3908669
Drew hasn't discussed David yet. I'm waiting for Ophelia to confront her about the apparent affair. I'm not convinced this is what Hunter is referring to, but it could be. :unsure:

Reactions: panzermaster

NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
Drew hasn't discussed David yet. I'm waiting for Ophelia to confront her about the apparent affair. I'm not convinced this is what Hunter is referring to, but it could be. :unsure:
I want a LOT of David discussion in the coming chapter, there is the affair with Drew, theres the relationship with Nora, I would like for Ophelia to dicuss him too, this game's timeline started a day after his funeral and there is very little info on him (also I would like to know how he looks like).

dartred

Forum Fanatic
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I don't need it to be a lot, but i definitely want everything to be answered. It looks when they are grilling Drew in the NTR teasers, that's where we'll get them.

Fauxcest

Nov 9, 2018
This might be one of the slowest burns I've have to play through to get actual sex scenes, but I have to say...
This might be some of the most fun dialogue I've read in one of these Kinetic VNs.
The back and forth between the MC and pretty much every character is super funny and enjoyable.
These incest novels usually go one of 2 ways. You're either playing some control freak who's a master manipulator, or some bland spineless MC with no personality who lucks his way into pussy. I'm Glad I gave this a chance because this has easily been one of the best ones I've played so far.
I was gonna say this as well. I've started playing 3 days ago and I'm still on chapter 6 but the dialogue is insane. It's so good when the MC is not just interacting with a mindless bimbo and they're actually talking about something

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Thread Rule #1 violation: off-topic
I had to do a mass cleanup of this thread because of some arguments.
Please remember that any off-topic discussion that derails into huge arguments should be taken to PM.

4.20 star(s) 371 Votes