MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
That was last time, yeah. We don't know who did it this time though. 8 games or so got hit pretty much at the same time and hardly any NTR games.
Yeah, like I said before, it's not about ntr. There's more to it than just ntr, maybe there's a guy hiding it somewhere who's upset with avn's...

Edit: Three days ago another game was banned on Patreon, especially without explanation

dartred

Forum Fanatic
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
banned and not suspended? Do you remember the game? I wonder if that game was way over the line or if the dev didn't take action and attempt to do what Patreon asked them.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I suspect people will start going to subscribestar at this rate
subscribestar may get boost after all of this bullshit'
Good luck, most won't be able to as their cards won't work or stop working (not to mention banks blacklisting SS), there is a reason many upon many developers lose support when they move to SS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snugglepuff

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
If you are a creator earning money on Patreon, we may be exposed to risk based on what you do with those funds. As a result, we may also look at what you do outside of Patreon
As a result, we may also look at what you do outside of Patreon --> this is exactly what they are doing now. It just takes a pissed off person with a handful of time and some proof which is widely available in this forum to submit it to the Patreon team and they will action it.

Considering the two bans that WWG got, Patreon isn't actively monitoring the creators [which would be impossible to do, because they have a lot of creators]. They only come into play when someone reports the creator, s yeah someone's been bad/naughty/pissed

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, like I said before, it's not about ntr. There's more to it than just ntr, maybe there's a guy hiding it somewhere who's upset with avn's...

Edit: Three days ago another game was banned on Patreon, especially without explanation
I know Moniker Smith's Bloodlines' page was down late last month. And I know Expanding Universe Games' page was down until recently. Were there others?

dartred

Forum Fanatic
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I know Moniker Smith's Bloodlines' page was down late last month. And I know Expanding Universe Games' page was down until recently. Were there others?
The ones that only i know of, i'm sure there are many others. Apocalust, Heart Problems, My Dorm, Strong Desire, Milfylicious and My New Memories (and PV of course). I think Kris, the guy who handled PV, is the guy who was in charge of reviewing all of these games.

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I think in your scenario Patreon would allow it, as long as the "decoy" content was they only thing they were aware of. If they got wind of the "real" content I'm sure they'd pull the plug. Which begs the question: how would a creator advertise their "real" content in such a way to direct supporters to subscribe to the "decoy" content, without leaving any evidence for Patreon to piece it together...?
AWAM did that and was banned based on the findings here in the zone. So, using decoys is as dangerous as using patches.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fayn Arawn

Mouseinfo

Nov 1, 2021
AWAM did that and was banned based on the findings here in the zone. So, using decoys is as dangerous as using patches.
What about a linktree or something similar? Direct traffic from F95 to the Link tree site and then Patreon would see traffic mainly from that platform. It would be much harder to prove a decoy in that circumstance because WWG has legitimate other socials and pages for fans to connect.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
What about a linktree or something similar? Direct traffic from F95 to the Link tree site and then Patreon would see traffic mainly from that platform. It would be much harder to prove a decoy in that circumstance because WWG has legitimate other socials and pages for fans to connect.
Somewhere you have to explain what the game is about, and any place that says "this contains incest, bestiality and non-consensual sex" occupies the same place as the zone (not because it is F95 per se)
If the "real" content is advertised in any way, the same risk "we monitor what happens outside of Patreon" applies to any place linkable to the content offered. It would be a little more difficult to track, but trackable nonetheless.

Mouseinfo

Nov 1, 2021
Somewhere you have to explain what the game is about, and any place that says "this contains incest, bestiality and non-consensual sex" occupies the same place as the zone (not because it is F95 per se)
If the "real" content is advertised in any way, the same risk "we monitor what happens outside of Patreon" applies to any place linkable to the content offered. It would be a little more difficult to track, but trackable nonetheless.
I mean fair, the reality is that it would require additional steps where those patches would have to be provided/advertised outside of linktree and Patreon. But if they were posted here with a disclaimer that they are not provided by the dev...could that help? Just trying to think of solutions.

Reactions: sorco2003

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I mean fair, the reality is that it would require additional steps where those patches would have to be provided/advertised outside of linktree and Patreon. But if they were posted here with a disclaimer that they are not provided by the dev...could that help? Just trying to think of solutions.
Patches are always provided by third parties (if you read all disclaimers they are the same) and yet most bans happen the same (there are caveats, I remember now Over the moon that was put under review and came back, Single again I think too).
In this crusade the solution to continue in Patreon is to do the vanilla story... or just go to SS, although there the ToS was corrected, so that at some point they can join the crusade too (this said as a possibility not as a fact).

Reactions: Mouseinfo

Mouseinfo

Nov 1, 2021
Patches are always provided by third parties (if you read all disclaimers they are the same) and yet most bans happen the same (there are caveats, I remember now Over the moon that was put under review and came back, Single again I think too).
In this crusade the solution to continue in Patreon is to do the vanilla story... or just go to SS, although there the ToS was corrected, so that at some point they can join the crusade too (this said as a possibility not as a fact).
I agree that SS will likely be the solution, but I empathize with WWG. They're so close to being finished with the story and then this all happens to mess with their revenue. I've seen other Devs indicate that the transition to SS is both time consuming and never recoups the same amount of revenue. Hopefully WWG still chooses to finish regardless, but I'd understand if the timelines are now significantly pushed back because of this.

Going full vanilla IMO would be just as poor of an outcome because the subscriber base has steadily increased due to non-vanilla content. I could be wrong, but don't think I am.

4.20 star(s) 371 Votes