Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Yeah, been following this game on the eaves until things with Ophelia get more serious and it looks really good and promising.

I have noticed a bit of character creep though, and hope the creator doesn't go overboard with it. I've found the sweet spot is usually around 4 love interests to keep a compelling narrative that doesn't feel too watered down with each update.

Not that you can't manage more, but I can count on one hand the number of games that I've seen stick the landing with a large cast of characters when they finished. Better to keep the narrative focused than risk bloating it too much.
Personally ive zero concerns with this one and esp this dev. Its more akin to those large cast (and ever growing harem games) which are very successful like say Harem Hotel or Mythic Manor as it keeps to its core strengths in the main cast remain the key focus no matter who else is about, the side characters add something to main cast and narrative and its trademark humour is actually better for all the more oddballs it introduces to stick around. As an example I really like the Brenna content yet i also find im more hyped for the side content than her slow lovey dovey stuff - would she be half as interesting without her scheming foghorn orgasm bestie Eve on the scene? I think all the ones added so far have or i believe will add something to the trademark storylines without ever getting in the way of the core cast, the opposite really as i wasnt big on Amber being added but all of a sudden our beloved zealot catholic Catherine is wrapped in a funny bi-curious storyline which could one day offer threesomes as well as laughs.

I think thats what it comes down to - the laughs, im not sure we can water down a story which main emphasis is on beating an old bastard NTR antagonist whose schemes have been more dick dastardly than NTR mega threat lol - its always been about humour and lovable girls we yearn to protect so that even in the most serious of topic matter still gets comic relief (including the bad endings even). The only REAL threat to the storyline ending is honestly the core cast with one another - i cant see them organically taking the news of what he is doing with the rest of them kindly at all should they ever find out... the side cast? who ever or how many that may end up being? not so much, if at all unless WWG feels like it as hes wrote an out for Sterlings infidelity and constant need for sex.

Horny

Apr 26, 2017
Goddamn this game never ceases to make me laugh. Am a huge tennis fan and those Serena William insults during one of the scenes nearly made me fell off my chair :LUL:

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Only thing I could recomend t oincrease replayabilty is for branching paths that allow for wrong choices to play out.
This is impossible. I tried to write a VN once and due to one of the choices I put in early on, one of the branches split off into something that didn't have anything to do with the main plot anymore. So, that means they're not writing one story, but several at once. We wouldn't be at chapter 8, we'd be still be at chapter 3, option 5, because you'd have branch upon branch upon branch. Any game that offers a choice, gives a choice that doesn't impact the main story (and if it does, it only applies to the ending). And I'm not even talking about VN's but story driven triple A games as well.

Also, what do you expect to happen on a bad ending? Hunter isn't going to stay there once he achieved his goals. He'll either move or the story will turn into a real downer, because Sterling isn't some oblivious cuck where the girls are fucked behind his back. Hunter will make sure he knows it. So, letting the bad endings run out serves no purpose.

I mean, I understand what you're saying, but you want too much. It just can't be done.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Only thing I could recomend t oincrease replayabilty is for branching paths that allow for wrong choices to play out. This would require alot more writing and renders and coding and stuff but it would expand the game for sure.

The only thing I don't like about the game is that all of the story beats have to be played out according to a canonical narrative. All of the characters have to be pursued to progress at all. If the player could choose not to puruse some characters and then have the story change to allow the MC to have to deal with having realtionships with some of them while Hunter/Kevin/ Derek achieves their goals with the others. This may increase the conflict within the story and allow for a wider audience appeal into other niche fetishes.

The artist is the artist though, just making a comment. Tell your story!
Meh, I'd prefer it if PV's development continued on its current road. As it is, PV has already built a strong fanbase and more branching paths would mean more time spent on extra things that was not a part of dev's plan.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
The issue is the relationship events build the story. Let's say I gave the option to avoid any amount of love interests, then there would be hundreds of thousands of variations of the story. A playthrough where you simply chose to ignore Brenna would be wildly different. No Onlyfans story, no Eva, it would affect every storyline more and more each chapter. Then you have to factor in all of the potential combinations of pursued or not plus whether Hunter has gotten to them and I can guarantee I'd be dead before I could finish writing a tenth of story. It doesn't work in a game like this where every event eventually dovetails into one story.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
So I skimmed this game my first playthrough but enjoyed some of the dialogue so decided to replay it with my full attention. I feel like all the time spent waiting for renders must be the dev trying to string together as many witticisms as they can. Every other line has some kind of wordplay. Or deep cut references haha

That aside I don't have a lot to say. Probably all been said before. It's fun, I like all the characters most of the time, the girls are hot, and the renders are gorgeous (I don't know Daz, but are reflections always that detailed? Is this ray-traced? Goddamn.) Not much more I could possibly ask for.

Weirdly this is the one game that the redhead isn't my favourite character. Catherine's fine, but I either love or hate her in scenes. She feels like that one character that gets away scott-free for all their negative traits. Every other character has had some kind of consequence but so far the worst is that she's in a relationship with her friend, but that's offset by immediately getting with her "true love". She's the only character who feels like she never had any development. Brenna has slowly had some of her ice chip away, Ophelia's become more open and less prudish, Catherine feels fairly static from part 1 through 8.

Brenna probably got the most development, which is fine because she might be my favourite. As a side character I really like Eva and almost wish she was a frontrunner. Her conniving to help Sterling (and her) get off is pretty charming. Like the most casual girlfriend. Hell, I like em all.

The main plot being an inversion of the typical "I drug my housemates and bang them all" with Hunter doing that, and you accidentally (or intentionally) reaping the benefits is pretty fun. I came to check and see if the dev was on Patreon because of how deeply coded into the plot the family aspect was. I didn't even realize I had a patch in and when I read the unpatched version's dialogue... lmao

It tries.

I say "I don't have a lot to say" then drop paragraphs. I just have a lot of thoughts (most of them positive). I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Especially seeing a hint at a Mallory and Eva scene. Wew.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Fantasy thinking though: If you had a team of several dozen people working with you and a budget in six or seven figure range could you see it as a possibilty? Don't have to reply.
If there was 37 of me with millions in backing we'd still have to rewrite everything from the ground up so that could work. But with that much support we could also put out an update of the game as it is now every five days. I'd imagine most would take the latter.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This game is really funny, Sterling Jr might be the greatest yet horrific thing I've seen.
easily my favorite of the mini bad ends. that and because we got to actually see two pregnant figures lol.

DocKlunk

Mar 20, 2019
Hey Guys !! It's my first message here, I know the question has often been asked, but I'm trying things right now in Daz studio and I'm trying to do Brenna, and it's hard to find the 6 models that compose her. Does anyone have an idea ? Tell me if it's inappropriate to ask and sorry for my english, I'm french (y)

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Hello. How much of futa/trans stuffs are in this game? Since there is a tag.
The tag is there because one of the characters plays a game that features a futa. For the moment, no one is futa/trans (though it could be a set up for Drew, we don't know anything about him yet).

Reactions: baltinko11

aukamo92

Dec 8, 2018
WINDOWS/LINUX
There is no Linux version, it doesn't contains any `lib/*linux`directories.

In order to fix it you have to download Renpy distribution and replace lib/ directory as well as add executable `renpy.sh` bootstrap script

Bash:
# download and extract compressed Window's version
$ cd /path/to/PowerVacuum
# download and extract Renpy SDK tar.bz2
$ rm -r renpy
$ cp -r /path/to/renpy-sdk/renpy .  # fix renpy distro
$ cp -r /path/to/renpy-sdk/lib/linux* lib/  # add missed libraries
$ cp /path/to/renpy-sdk/renpy.sh PowerVacuum.sh  # fix naming bootstrap script
$ mv lib/linux-x86_64/{renpy,PowerVacuum}  # fix naming executable
$ ./PowerVacuum.sh  # run and enjoy

Last edited:

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019

In order to fix it you have to download Renpy distribution and replace lib/ directory as well as add executable `renpy.sh` bootstrap script

Bash:
$ rm -r renpy
Thx added to my post :)
I would fix and reupload it myself but I'm not with my pc at the moment

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018

Bash:
$ rm -r renpy
Just run in the game directory. Sometimes it may look like it's frozen, just wait it out, it'll get it done (or has for me so far).

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes