storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I can't tell if you're asking sarcastically or honestly, but yes, they "never happen" in the sense that they're outside the "real story." Even calling them "What Ifs" is most likely a reference to Marvel Comics' classic What If stories, which also "never happened."

View attachment 1837246
Kind of a stretch. The concept of what ifs in literature have been around forever and marvels not the only one to call it what ifs.

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Kind of a stretch. The concept of what ifs in literature have been around forever and marvels not the only one to call it what ifs.
Well I never said Marvel invented the trope. WWG could've been referencing Asimov's story. It could even be coincidence.

Marvel's What If animated show debuted back in August, same month as What If #1 for PV, and it's not unreasonable to think WWG was aware of the show's existence, given how in tune he appears to be with pop culture.

But I was only speculating (hence my use of "most likely").

Reactions: x0run

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
At this point I'm not even sure why Devs keep using Patreon. This is one of those sleeper games I was on the fence about until later on and now it's one of my top five favorites. I'd hate to see him dull his creative license just to please Patreon.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
At this point I'm not even sure why Devs keep using Patreon. This is one of those sleeper games I was on the fence about until later on and now it's one of my top five favorites. I'd hate to see him dull his creative license just to please Patreon.
Cause most people are already on patreon. Even a lot of the devs I know that are on SS typically have a SS and a patreon account.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I'm on Ch4 now and I must say that there are a lot of fanny events... I hope will get better in future.
About the time required between the next update I really do not complain.
Every artist has different priority
I like devs that are able to write a good story line with great and Interesting progression.
render and animation quality are not so important for me because more animaion quality mean slow updates.

when this happens like in this game I always wait before play until a good amount of contents has been released I also totally avoid demo-games for the same reason.

NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
Yeah, some of us on the discord were surprised when we heard. They took 4 months to give WWG a response, then they contact WWG and tell him he has 2 weeks to turn in the product for a review. How is that fair?

Who knows what happens if he doesn't turn in. He probably has his patreon turned off (not deleted) until he turns it in? Though deactivation is a possibility. They don't want to get in trouble in the first place and it's in their right to deactivate someone who breaks their rules (as BS as their rules are).
All of this is BS truly but atleast I now know that if by the beguining of June the page is still up and running then the ball is 100% on patreon's court.

Lukec7

Jun 20, 2017
I just can't believe how controlled we are getting, in this instance through Patreon for a few controversial tags but in a fucking fictional game I mean Holy Shit, we started getting told we can't use our imagination anymore or to a full extent. Are they trying to prevent those tags to move to real life by some psycho(s) or what because let me tell you, they're (gonna) happen(ing)) regardless. And to take away the power to flesh out unique game(s) like this to it's full potential really pisses me of. I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one visiting this site because of the unique tags and occasionally stories not some boring vanilla you can experience IRL. I just can't wrap my head around the fact they started or are trying to control our fucking IMAGINATIONS.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't believe how controlled we are getting, in this instance through Patreon for a few controversial tags but in a fucking fictional game I mean Holy Shit, we started getting told we can't use our imagination anymore or to a full extent. Are they trying to prevent those tags to move to real life by some psycho(s) or what because let me tell you, they're (gonna) happen(ing)) regardless. And to take away the power to flesh out unique game(s) like this to it's full potential really pisses me of. I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one visiting this site because of the unique tags and occasionally stories not some boring vanilla you can experience IRL. I just can't wrap my head around the fact they started or are trying to control our fucking IMAGINATIONS.
1984.jpeg

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
“We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now.” ― George Orwell, 1984.

PayPal and Patreon aren't going that far, but I agree with Lukec7 that exploring taboos in fiction is fine, and certainly preferable to exploring some of those taboos in real life. Their censorship is based on their trying to conform to an antiquated perception of morality in order to maintain market share, and not an Orwellian desire for power for its own sake.

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
Jesus, you aren't being "controlled". It's their platform. They can do what they want. That's like thinking you have free speech in America to just post whatever dumb shit you want on a privately owned website like social media. If you don't like how Patreon does things and don't want to follow what they allow on their platform, you can find another platform to sell your product.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Jesus, you aren't being "controlled". It's their platform. They can do what they want. That's like thinking you have free speech in America to just post whatever dumb shit you want on a privately owned website like social media. If you don't like how Patreon does things and don't want to follow what they allow on their platform, you can find another platform to sell your product.
I agree it's not about control, but Lukec7 brings up a pertinent debate: whether sexual entertainment reduces or increases real life sexual abuse. This is relevant because it points to the reasoning behind the censorship: that sexual entertainment will inspire its audience to commit sexual abuse in real life.

I'm of the opinion sexual entertainment actually reduces sexual abuse, because some use the entertainment as an alternative.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
I agree it's not about control, but Lukec7 brings up a pertinent debate: whether sexual entertainment reduces or increases real life sexual abuse. This is relevant because it points to the reasoning behind the censorship: that sexual entertainment will inspire its audience to commit sexual abuse in real life.

I'm of the opinion sexual entertainment actually reduces sexual abuse, because some use the entertainment as an alternative.
The same way that violence in video-games doesn't directly correlate to violence in real life like many politicians would want you to believe, but they still double and triple down on it, no matter how many times their point has been proven wrong, time and time again.

Lukec7

Jun 20, 2017
My god, get bent on a badly picked word. I didn't mean it literally, guess only Fayn got my main point. I still think tho regardless of what you're doing (in this case a fictional 3dcg game) as long as it's fiction there shouldn't be any limits. My opinion.

And thanks for the book recommendation.

Last edited:

Dodoo92

Sep 2, 2017
It would have been already here (actually update was planned for end of may) if people didnt report the game and whatifs on Patreon, so the dev has to go through the game and change some dialogue and whatnot, so we have to wait a bit more

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Any update about patreon situation? WWG is still editing the game or already sent to patreon and now is waiting for the feedback?

Reactions: Danny Marek
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes