Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
Like I said before I think the major focus on what ifs and the giant gap between main releases to focus on them (regardless of what wwg said that they were only done in "free time") soured many peoples perceptions, mine included. Obviously one could argue that the delay between updates was worth it because of the drastic step up in quality and how wwg addressed many criticisms, including some I mentioned in my review. For instance the animation quality was drastically improved and there were none of those odd real time 3d delay trying to change facial expressions. But the perception alone that all that time was spent focusing on that instead of getting closer to some sort of conclusion to a game that's kind of getting long in the tooth (it is nearly 3 years old and the main girls (primarily ophelia tbh) still have some trepidation about engaging in certain acts that really aren't that far from where you now anyway, the cats out of the bag) does have a long tail.

I admit being able to turn that shit off and it being in end states that reset you to the normal path, is certainly handled better than it could be though and I'm sure we've all seen far worse implementations. But the time spent on those in addition to how much teasing/blueballing/arguably padding(tip is in and BOOM a character shows up and stops you so you gotta do more events) you get in the normal path add up to why there is a bad perception of it. Not to mention in a lot of earlier chapters you can see a bit of a difference in quality between the scenes and again that adds to the notion it's got more of a focus even if the actual scene count favors the normal path.
All in all, your only "real" complaint is the time it takes to develop an episode.

Everything else falls flat with no ground to stand on. You seem to know and remember most of what has been said of the development of both the game and the what ifs so I won't bother to repeat it as there's not even any "flesh on the horse left to whip". But I will say, he has stated time and time again, paraphrasing "I feel the highest tier deserved more than the beta version of the game and therefore I'm taking suggestions for a monthly mini-game that will be made outside of 'business hours', including monthly wallpapers".

The story, if played from start to finish as it is now, is perfectly acceptable as far as pacing goes since WWG obviously wants/has to:

1) Write a believable story of a youth returning to his old home where he has a family with whom he shares familiar relationships, and due to a villainous precence' influence starts to explore those relationships sexually. For it to not feel cheap it needs steps to follow to again, be believable.
2) Include excellent humor and references rarely seen in adult games such as this.
3) Make every single character, including posing, styling and backgrounds etc... (you know the deal) as well as make all of the animations
4) Code the game and also recently, go through the whole entire game and change dialogues and renders deemed forbidden on the platform it is released on.
5) Do all of the above alone

Add to this he also has a life outside of developing this game and you can start to see why it takes a while.

He has for the record stated that we're not long off from the final episode as well and is planning a second game not related to Power Vacuum.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
All in all, your only "real" complaint is the time it takes to develop an episode.

Everything else falls flat with no ground to stand on. You seem to know and remember most of what has been said of the development of both the game and the what ifs so I won't bother to repeat it as there's not even any "flesh on the horse left to whip". But I will say, he has stated time and time again, paraphrasing "I feel the highest tier deserved more than the beta version of the game and therefore I'm taking suggestions for a monthly mini-game that will be made outside of 'business hours', including monthly wallpapers".

The story, if played from start to finish as it is now, is perfectly acceptable as far as pacing goes since WWG obviously wants/has to:

1) Write a believable story of a youth returning to his old home where he has a family with whom he shares familiar relationships, and due to a villainous precence' influence starts to explore those relationships sexually. For it to not feel cheap it needs steps to follow to again, be believable.
2) Include excellent humor and references rarely seen in adult games such as this.
3) Make every single character, including posing, styling and backgrounds etc... (you know the deal) as well as make all of the animations
4) Code the game and also recently, go through the whole entire game and change dialogues and renders deemed forbidden on the platform it is released on.
5) Do all of the above alone

Add to this he also has a life outside of developing this game and you can start to see why it takes a while.

He has for the record stated that we're not long off from the final episode as well and is planning a second game not related to Power Vacuum.
I had/have plenty of "real" complaints in regards to a lot of elements to the game tbh, if that's all you got out of what I said there and elsewhere, that's on you.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
I guess I should probably added the disclaimers earlier in the post cause I did make it clear I meant the perception that the time was dedicated to that instead of main releases or content to tide people over between major releases, but maybe I didn't.

perception is reality and all that.

(“Perception is merely a lens or mindset from which we view people, events, and things.”

In other words, we believe what we perceive to be accurate, and we create our own realities based on those perceptions. And although our perceptions feel very real, that doesn’t mean they’re necessarily factual.)
"Time is money" and as far as I know, a lot of the guys on this thread has not paid a dime for this game and it's other content.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
I had/have plenty of "real" complaints in regards to a lot of elements to the game tbh, if that's all you got out of what I said there, that's on you.
Not adressing any of my points and mentioning you have made "real" complaints... Love the quotation marks on the real, does that mean the complaints are only alleged.

And again, the stuff you brought up earlier have all been disproven time and time again, hence why I said they "have no ground to stand on".
I don't know if you're aware, but you're parroting "points" other users have said before you every time there has been a new episode.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
"Time is money" and as far as I know, a lot of the guys on this thread has not paid a dime for this game and it's other content.
Fair enough, but do consider some of that other stuff and supporting it by proxy does keep a lot of people from supporting financially.
Not adressing any of my points and mentioning you have made "real" complaints... Love the quotation marks on the real, does that mean the complaints are only alleged.

And again, the stuff you brought up earlier have all been disproven time and time again, hence why I said they "have no ground to stand on".
I don't know if you're aware, but you're parroting "points" other users have said before you every time there has been a new episode.
*shrug* I guess that's one way to look at it.

You put the quotes on real first there bud. Simply dismissing the criticisms doesn't make them invalid or not real. Simply hand waiving the issues many people have with stuff like pacing or having basically every character having the same sense of humor or their personalities kind of being the same doesn't mean they are dispelled. Pretty sure I didn't complain about the time between updates anywhere there, iirc I may have mentioned it in passing in my review but not in this comment chain. I mean I did more or less say it was justified for the quality jump in this newest chapter.

The other points you made (3-5) are true of most other games here.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Maestro91

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I guess I should probably added the disclaimers earlier in the post cause I did make it clear I meant the perception that the time was dedicated to that instead of main releases or content to tide people over between major releases, but maybe I didn't.

perception is reality and all that.
The thing is, perception is not reality. The subjective opinions of people who probably didn't even play the What Ifs aren't worth much. The dev continued working on chapter 10 and regularly posted evidence of progress, and the amount of content in chapter 10 outweighs all the What Ifs combined.

Could the dev have not made the What Ifs, and used the time to focus on chapter 10? I guess so, but we wouldn't have got it that much faster, and why should he rush to please pirates over his top supporters?

Reactions: sava75

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
People arguing about NTR and here i am sad because no one the official build. I don't want play the beta but seems like wait is useless

Reactions: Minx077

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
People arguing about NTR and here i am sad because no one the official build. I don't want play the beta but seems like wait is useless
Have you tried putting the [game] file from the ch 10 beta into the ch 9 official build? :sneaky:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Chapter 10 Official + IC Patch
Size: 889 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Updated my android port.

4.20 star(s) 365 Votes