Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes
May 21, 2019
tried noclip because there was a jump at the train i couldnt make and it went from erotic game to horror game as i wandered the backrooms until i heard fast approaching steps and the game closed scaring the shit outta me
I'll add a "real" noclip soon, that was meant to be a joke, sorry. :giggle:

May 21, 2019
Gameplay is pretty horrible. Bad controls. No stun or any other reaction from enemies when you hit them, so you'll get knocked down in the middle of a combo. Nice animations though.
I'm re-working the combat and player systems right now, I've put up a public showcase of the progress, we'll be adding a proper block mechanic soon, and enemies will react to hits as well, thank you for your feedback!

superphoenix

Jun 6, 2018
Love those animation qualities. Combat ain't the best and I hope its get expanded for that, even if it stay simple. Also, nice easter eggs.

Got the same error like most of them when I entered the boss room, but it didn't made it crash the game and it I continued to progress in the boss fight like nothing changed. I believe this is related to my graphic card, but since I updated, it didn't crashed into the deskpot, somehow.

May 21, 2019
So as promised! Ever since we released to supporters and you guys, I've been off work (mostly because I was ill) and worked on the game every day. Based on feedback, one of the biggest problems right now is the AI and the combat system, so I decided to start addressing both. First, I'm completely reworking the player, with the main focus being Animation continuity and the player object being completely independent of any other object in the game. I'm working closely with Sephra to re-make some old animations and add extra frames to make sure everything is as fluid as possible. The player now uses a proper State machine, and doesn't depend on any other object in the game, reducing the risks of crashes and making future development MUCH easier. With that said, we're also reworking how combat works. Amber now gets a block ability, which can also be used to parry if timed right. I made a short video showing all the changes to the current player, animation continuity and I showed off how the block works right now. I simulate some light and heavy punches being thrown at her (Attacking the player is now a single function call! Yay!) to show what it'll look like to have an enemy hit her.

Any feedback is welcome, I'll try to get the AI working soon as well to this degree with the new State machine!

Dec 9, 2018
Nice animation. Am looking forward to the combat rework and the parry do be looking nice already in the demo.

Am looking into the boss fight and noticing a few things on my side:
- Bottles need 2 or 3 hits for a game-over. With the first one being able to come from off-screen. pretty punishing. (Makes it worse with the next point)

- I am guessing that I am supposed to jump onto the platform, when the room fills with gas. But the animation for the gas starts a few frames before the platform comes out. And gas needs like a second for a gameover. (managed to jump up there after a few tries and with goddessmode on)

- (turned on goddessmode to not get immediately downed in the gas) sometimes am getting hit by an invisible enemy while. Am guessing the boss did not completely disappear there.

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Looks like it will be quite the improvement. The speed at which you made this is also very promising.

One suggestion:
If you weren't already going to, I think it would be fun if the enemy grapple (attacking with hearts) ignored block. I think this would be more engaging since it would force the player to focus and react quickly if they see the hearts appear, which would also add a bit of variety and unpredictability.

ASDF_THE_Epic

Sep 6, 2018
how do u heal also stuck on the part right after you encounter the rabbit guy again and RJ said to go to the cafe but can't find the way to go

Tireachan

Sep 1, 2018
how do u heal also stuck on the part right after you encounter the rabbit guy again and RJ said to go to the cafe but can't find the way to go
In one of the rooms you find a "shotgun" which you can use with the small antidotes that sometimes lying around
The Cafe is one floor above the Door where you meet the Rabbit Guy

May 21, 2019
The uncensored public build can be found on our Subscribestar for free of course. Please upload that and not the censored version from itch or Patreon, thank you all!

frid

Apr 25, 2017
The uncensored public build can be found on our Subscribestar for free of course. Please upload that and not the censored version from itch or Patreon, thank you all!
Where is it exactly? cant find it on Subscribestar

frid

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks a lot.

Here is the changelog for this update everyone:

I'm really sorry I couldn't get the build out yesterday, my arm is still not the best, but I managed to get things together and get the build out now! Here's a quick rundown of the changes:
  • Fixed a crash related to pausing during a starting cutscene
  • Fixed a crash related to pausing during the bossfight
  • Fixed a crash related to old saves being used (we’ll make sure saves are compatible before we release Level 2!)
  • Fixed a few minor graphical glitches or incorrect / missing sprites
  • Fixed a crash related to saving and loading games under very specific circumstances
  • Removed the Syringe gun from the hard-to-find saferoom, and moved it close to the ending of the tutorial, to make sure players don’t miss it
  • The Syringes will now also heal some infection
  • Replaced the “new game” button to “start game” in the main menu to make it less confusing
  • Added a new button to the main menu that will take you to a small demo of the new Player combat and movement we’ve been working on, complete with more sprite frames, better transition between states and a completely new block mechanic! Also added a new OST to this area, which will later be used for a remade intro for the game. Feedback for this area is very welcome!
Because I've been working almost exclusively on the new player system, I didn't have time to work on the current AI, because that will almost entirely be scrapped once I'm finished, in favor of the new, much improved system!
We hope you enjoy, and as always, feedback is very welcome, both positive and negative, just don't be rude please <3 I'll do my best to work on more and more updates, to finish the AI and the new player, then we move onto Level 2 with full force!

Have fun!
-Tib/Vero

Reactions: Xol

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Oddly, going to your subscribestar page, this post does not appear under the "Recent Posts" tab.

Anyways, new system is looking pretty good so far; excited to see what changes you make to the AI. New music is quite a vibe as well.

Focused on the demo this time since it's a better representation of what you're currently working on. Some bugs, some QOL.
Crawling:
  • You can occasionally skip the turning animation. Haven't figured out quite how, but seems to be timing-related
  • Crawling only works on WASD keys, not arrow keys
  • Won't crawl if you're already walking. I believe it would make more sense for crawling to be prioritized
  • Amber goes back to standing if you let go of the down key and attempt to turn around. This is different from the crawling mechanics in most games and will probably confuse/annoy the player for a while. Two solutions:
    • Amber only stands if all keys are let go of (with slight delay to account for turning)
    • Crouching is a toggle (Probably with UP/W/SPACE to stand back up)
Combat:
  • Amber can't get knocked down while in the exhausted state. Should probably get knocked down by both heavy and light attacks in this state, since she's exhausted.
  • Can't do anything other than punch while in counterready state. I get the point, but the player should have the freedom to forfeit their counter for whatever reason. Could still disable movement, but make dodging, kicking, or blocking again cancel the state. Might add obvious special effects to a counterattack hit to denote that the kick is not powered up by a parry.
  • There's quite the delay before you can counterattack, due to the parrystart state. The main problem is that this isn't obvious visually, could either make a clear animation difference or add special effects when Amber switches to counterready. Otherwise the player might get confused as to why they can't immediately punch.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 7 Votes