Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

AbsolutePineapple

Jul 12, 2018
Feel free to think whatever you want. The game was completely re-written from scratch because the old code got to a point where we couldn't add anything new. The entire team consists of me and Sephra, the artist. None of us have any game dev experience and none of us ever shipped a game before. Yet we were determined to re-write the entire game from the ground up, to completely rework every single level, to make things look better. The game will not be abandoned, but thank you for your feedback.
Interesting, no dev experience? What engine was this using again? Asking as I have free time and would possibly offer to help if I thought I could. Still a young software engineer, but have done plenty of coding to comfortably have a few years in coding and work as a full stack engineer. Though I did focus my masters in game design / human interation UI. I check this site every few days (or so i think till i realize it has only been like 2 or 3 days) and can check back later to see if you are interested in help.

May 21, 2019
I get the same error.
That error generally means the Video card couldn't allocate enough memory or failed to create a surface. This is something I cannot fix, because that error message is thrown by a much lower level module that I have no control over. If you're running integrated graphics, I'm afraid it won't work.

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
That error generally means the Video card couldn't allocate enough memory or failed to create a surface. This is something I cannot fix, because that error message is thrown by a much lower level module that I have no control over. If you're running integrated graphics, I'm afraid it won't work.
Well that sucks, the game was fun, oh well .

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I have a Radeon 5700 xt, a pretty high level card and certainly NOT integrated. I have never had this problem with any other games on here or anywhere else for that matter. Done with the game, fun but not worth the headaches.

May 21, 2019
I can't seem to enter the boss room, the game always crash and I receive that error, but I don't understand why
After a quick Google search it seems like others had the same error message for other games too, which leads me to believe it's not necessarily a problem with Predation. The thing I've seen most people say is to both make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it's an nvidia card, turn off image sharpening in the nvidia control panel.

Silverraaven

Mar 17, 2018
It's so bizarre to see this project from years ago suddenly getting updates. But hey, no complaints form me. Always wanted to see this one completed, since I thought it got abandoned. Keep up the good work.

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
After a quick Google search it seems like others had the same error message for other games too, which leads me to believe it's not necessarily a problem with Predation. The thing I've seen most people say is to both make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it's an nvidia card, turn off image sharpening in the nvidia control panel.
Never had a problem before but meh, I'll search

May 21, 2019
Never had a problem before but meh, I'll search
I'm sorry for everyone who has an issue with this in advance. I haven't really found any solution to this, and this seems to be an issue with GameMaker Studio 2 itself, however, once I'm done fixing a few things and making sure the combat is actually good, I'll make this and performance priority.

Edit: My biggest issue is that I have no clue how to reproduce the issue consistently. It seems to be triggered by some hardware configurations.

Orochimiyu

Apr 22, 2018
Right now im using old PC with 32bit
I have compatible issue is the game using 64 bit or my drive is old?

Jun 28, 2019
Happy to see this is still being worked on, the commitment is really reassuring. Keep up the good work.

I must say though, that Loadmap "Backrooms" command, is really, really scary to me. Why is there fog? What is in the Fog? All questions I will not find out, cause i'm spooked.

frid

Apr 25, 2017
After all this time, I only hope for this game to have more animations and more enemies. Its a good thing that they "reworked" all the level, its nice, but I just want more stuff in the game.

May 21, 2019
After all this time, I only hope for this game to have more animations and more enemies. Its a good thing that they "reworked" all the level, its nice, but I just want more stuff in the game.
A lot of assets are already finished for level 2, with an animation half way done! More stuff is coming, along with a lot of bugfixes as I learn more things and how I should write better code! Thank you

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes