Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I wanna say like a strong 60% of modern h game devs do this. Switch engine mid development and start over. Easy way to add another 2 fully financed years without having to release any content. I think its just a consequence of artists rushing into game development with zero experience. But it always seems to work out for them.
1500 USD per month on Patreon + another 360 USD per month on SubscribeStar that's quite crazy considering how slow the progress on this game has been

I've noticed though that 2D/3D action based games seem to attract a lot more money than even quality Renpy games that get consistent quality updates (within the female prota genre that is)

• Sad
Reactions: dragonsix6969

Decckar

Aug 24, 2017
1500 USD per month on Patreon + another 360 USD per month on SubscribeStar that's quite crazy considering how slow the progress on this game has been

I've noticed though that 2D/3D action based games seem to attract a lot more money than even quality Renpy games that get consistent quality updates (within the female prota genre that is)
It can be very difficult to tell from the outside which VNs are quality and worth digging into, not to mention the different styles of delivery of NSFW scenes - VNs tend to be all 2D CGs with very little animation, whereas 2D/3D action based games might have CGs but usually have animations of some kind. It's usually much easier to see which 2D/3D action games are bad, generic, or just not worth your time from the previews.

Plus for me I feel more connected to the protag when I'm controlling their movements directly with keybinds, and not just picking text boxes.

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020

because text and still images don't have mainstream appeal

Kokuryu1

May 20, 2018
Anyone found a fix for the game crashing before opening? I can't find any answers on any of their websites. And my windows troubleshooter just says "incompatible". I tried using my other graphics card to run it but still no progress. Buh this is annoying.

Foxnaz20

Feb 3, 2018
The solution is written in the message :) Try it.

For your convenience (so that you won't have to learn to use CMD) you can create a "bat" file. In the game folder create a text document, inside write the line they tell you : "Predation_Subscribestar_somethingsomething.exe" --rendering-driver=opengl3

Save it and rename to predation.bat. Run the game through this file.

Note: your Windows doesn't seem to show extensions for the files. Go to (for Win10, may be slightly different for you) View -> Options -> View, find there "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. After done renaming the file, you can check this checkbox back if you prefer the extensions to be hidden.
didn't launch ps. i chage Predation_Subscribestar_somethingsomething.exe to Predation_0210_WIN.exe because the first one did nothing

Reactions: eugeneloza

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Anyone found a fix for the game crashing before opening? I can't find any answers on any of their websites. And my windows troubleshooter just says "incompatible". I tried using my other graphics card to run it but still no progress. Buh this is annoying.
Please show an image of the error you get in specific

Daskolin

Sep 28, 2017
Well to be honest its not a lot of cash(rant in US\UK is bigger). But also they were creating Godot engine core. Since previous one was not as good and janky. Which means guy who do code need to learn an engine( even if its a pretty easy engine).
Its great they did go with godot and not Unity. They dodged a bullet

Daskolin

Sep 28, 2017
I can't play, I get this error, it's an old laptop, what solution can you give me?
Yeah godot is about to get Directx support. But for now you need to have openGL 3.* Its a game engine issue( last time they supported OpenGL 2.1 was Godot 3.1 if i remember correctly).

You can try to find newer driver version(download manually) from Intel, Amd, Nvidia. Or if you give me your gpu name. Or your processor name(if you have integrated intel\amd). I can try finding link for you(on official site)

Kokuryu1

May 20, 2018
Please show an image of the error you get in specific
There isn't a photo i can show really. The window pops up like it's loading, then shuts down after a few seconds. I tried using something other than my integrated graphics card to run it and that did the same thing. Tried the shortcut trick, but i think I'm missing something for the file path. I don't do this enough to know an answer and i feel dumb o_O:LOL:

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
There isn't a photo i can show really. The window pops up like it's loading, then shuts down after a few seconds. I tried using something other than my integrated graphics card to run it and that did the same thing. Tried the shortcut trick, but i think I'm missing something for the file path. I don't do this enough to know an answer and i feel dumb o_O:LOL:
Try putting a space after the .exe in the shortcut path if you haven't already

Reactions: DenseFool

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Yeah godot is about to get Directx support. But for now you need to have openGL 3.* Its a game engine issue( last time they supported OpenGL 2.1 was Godot 3.1 if i remember correctly).

You can try to find newer driver version(download manually) from Intel, Amd, Nvidia. Or if you give me your gpu name. Or your processor name(if you have integrated intel\amd). I can try finding link for you(on official site)
OpenGL is only used in compatibility mode, Future mode is Vulkan 1.0 afaik
This game uses Future mode unless specified in an argument to use compatibility.

Feed99

Apr 7, 2023
Borderless Gaming app for forcing full screen on any game :WeSmart:

Kokuryu1

May 20, 2018
This is the solution.
That managed to let me create the shortcut, but it still fails when attempting to open. That's running my NVIDIA High performance processor and Integrated processor, and administrator mode. Just opens a loading window and closes after maybe two seconds. But it's fine i guess. I'll just wait for another update and see if that works better. Hopefully they'll add in all of this stuff in there.

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes