Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
That managed to let me create the shortcut, but it still fails when attempting to open. That's running my NVIDIA High performance processor and Integrated processor, and administrator mode. Just opens a loading window and closes after maybe two seconds. But it's fine i guess. I'll just wait for another update and see if that works better. Hopefully they'll add in all of this stuff in there.
Do you still have the 2 dashes in front of the extra part in the shortcut target? If so, you only need one, like this: -rendering-driver=opengl3

If that still doesn't work, try redownloading the game and unpacking it again. It's possible a file somewhere got corrupted or went missing

If still that doesn't work, then waiting for another update will be the best option, or getting the last version of the game before it moved to Godot

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Do you still have the 2 dashes in front of the extra part in the shortcut target? If so, you only need one, like this: -rendering-driver=opengl3

If that still doesn't work, try redownloading the game and unpacking it again. It's possible a file somewhere got corrupted or went missing

If still that doesn't work, then waiting for another update will be the best option, or getting the last version of the game before it moved to Godot
The best way to know for certain is just trying to run the mono version of Godot 4 engine directly. If it doesn't start there is a bigger incompatibility/issue somewhere

Reactions: limesseur

foxsicle

Aug 17, 2017
I get to the pc, press 1 and then nothing happens. Tried different things, assume its a scaling issue or something and whatevers supposed to appear isnt visible for some reason since i use my tv as a monitor. i give up =/

foxsicle

Aug 17, 2017
I get to the pc, press 1 and then nothing happens. Tried different things, assume its a scaling issue or something and whatevers supposed to appear isnt visible for some reason since i use my tv as a monitor. i give up =/
Actually, i deleted the settings in the userappdata folder and it works finally.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Announcement on the Discord server.
Hello everyone! A quick update from me and Sephra! I KNOW the Subscribestar images are broken, we're sorry, I'll make Sephra fix that asap ^^;

But a TLDR; We'll be releasing a TESTBUILD every TWO weeks instead of every week so we have more time to work on things and add meaningful things, and now we have a yearly Roadmap (currently only 2023, but the 2024 one is in the works!) and we'll do our best to stick to it!

Reactions: Beats9821

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
That road map is ridiculous. They've barely completed the first level in more than five years of development, but now in the span of a single month they're aiming to release three levels, complete with events and NPCs, plus a brand new, complete game system (inventory)? They're out of their minds.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Welcome to the H-game development world, kid...now throw some serious money their way, "they clearly deserve all the love we can give... these poor, starving artists"...

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
That road map is ridiculous. They've barely completed the first level in more than five years of development, but now in the span of a single month they're aiming to release three levels, complete with events and NPCs, plus a brand new, complete game system (inventory)? They're out of their minds.
They are being a little ambitious with the roadmap yeah, but the reason it took so long to make the first level in the first place is because it was their first game and they were learning a lot as they were making it. The switch to Godot as the game's engine both helps them with being able to streamline the process and opens up more tools to work with compared to what they had with the last engine. Most of the art for the first level is ready too, mainly with Amber's sprites, so it's mostly just a matter of piecing the level together, and then getting to work on the next, which making the animations for the sex scenes and the sprites for any new enemies is going to take a lot more time, which is why those new levels with everything they include in just a month is too ambitious

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
The engine was never the problem, it was always the devs.
Can't say I don't agree, just saying the game engine switch means the map has a good excuse to be changed since they would have to recreate it anyway. And being honest Game Maker really wasn't ideal with the issues it gave on random hardware.

God forbid you get "device lost"...

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes