Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Vulpo

Oct 19, 2020
Yes but its finnicky, I have to rapidly press it before the main screen and then it has a chance of not working. But if you don't mind spending a few minutes spam clicking alt enter right after booting the game then yeah you can

Reactions: Thereisthe4

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Yes but its finnicky, I have to rapidly press it before the main screen and then it has a chance of not working. But if you don't mind spending a few minutes spam clicking alt enter right after booting the game then yeah you can
Or you can just buy Lossless Scaling for a couple bucks and never worry about full screen issues again.

gnusmaS999999

Jul 20, 2017
Or you can just buy Lossless Scaling for a couple bucks and never worry about full screen issues again.
Or he can just download " ". I use it for games that only run in windowed mode. (For example slave matrix.)
Also he can combine it with integer scalling or DSR for better image quality.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Or he can just download " ". I use it for games that only run in windowed mode. (For example slave matrix.)
Also he can combine it with integer scalling or DSR for better image quality.
I have both, and LS is leagues better than BG. It's only $1 more.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
is it still alt f4 to fullscreen or is it something else
Natively the most reliable method would be to right click predation.exe -> Create shortcut
Right click the shortcut -> Properties -> Change the Run: setting from Normal Window to Maximised -> click ok.

That will make it bordered fullscreen though so isn't as good as using 3rd party programs that handle it for you.
There's probably a shortcut parameter compatible that would force fullscreen or borderless window but honestly I'm fine with running the game in its normal window so not bothered enough to experiment with parameters.

gnusmaS999999

Jul 20, 2017
I have both, and LS is leagues better than BG. It's only $1 more.
The only plus of Lossless Scaling is xBR anti-aliasing. But this anti-aliasing method doesn't look good in some games, and often the picture may lose some detail. And as I see it forces anti-aliasing at x2 resolution even if it is disabled in settings. ( I had to play around with the game settings to force LS to stretch the window at x1. Now looks identical to BG. But, a bug with anti-aliasing remains (sometimes it does not turn off). And IS doesn't work properly in some games. )

Last edited:

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
The only plus of Lossless Scaling is xBR anti-aliasing. But this anti-aliasing method doesn't look good in some games, and often the picture may lose some detail. And as I see it forces anti-aliasing at x2 resolution even if it is disabled in settings. ( I had to play around with the game settings to force LS to stretch the window at x1. Now looks identical to BG. But, a bug with anti-aliasing remains (sometimes it does not turn off). And IS doesn't work properly in some games. )

Personally, I've noticed no visual issues with LS over BG. That said, LS has an enormous advantage in usability. Additionally, there are still bugs with BG that are easy to mess up. Like accidentally closing BG while an app is fullscreen locks the app in fullscreen. Clicking on the locked app creates all sorts of weird resizing behavior.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
The public demo they just released fixed a lot of bugs from the patreon one. Still got some issues, but a lot better than the patreon release was.

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Natively the most reliable method would be to right click predation.exe -> Create shortcut
Right click the shortcut -> Properties -> Change the Run: setting from Normal Window to Maximised -> click ok.

That will make it bordered fullscreen though so isn't as good as using 3rd party programs that handle it for you.
There's probably a shortcut parameter compatible that would force fullscreen or borderless window but honestly I'm fine with running the game in its normal window so not bothered enough to experiment with parameters.
Wow handy tip thanks!!!!!

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes